Photo

EVE Rubicon: Winter Expansion Recap

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#76 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Must... have... Sisters of EVE ships!!! Since everyone probably wants them, could make alot of money straight away if you could get the BPCs! :D

hmmm...I do have a few hundred thousand SOE LP laying around... are they available through the LP store?

I heard they were only going to be available as Storyline mission rewards given by the Nullsec LvL 4 storyline mission agent.  But I don't know to be honest.  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

Practice Random Violence, and Senseless Acts of Beauty!

#77 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Must... have... Sisters of EVE ships!!! Since everyone probably wants them, could make alot of money straight away if you could get the BPCs! :D

hmmm...I do have a few hundred thousand SOE LP laying around... are they available through the LP store?

They should be, and Alistone?

If you're taking orders, I'll take 2 cruisers. :D

#78 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Short campaign to assault Pure Blind and take command of SOE ship procurements anyone? :D

Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#79 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Short campaign to assault Pure Blind and take command of SOE ship procurements anyone? :D

+1

#80 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Test Server Feedback Forum, there is a "Rubicon Feature List & General Feedback thread" about Rubicon features coming to sisi next week:  .

https://forums.eveon...065&find=unread

Superfriends 
High sec POCOs
Siphon pseudo silo deployable

Game of Drones
Marauder rebalance
Electronic Attack Frigate rebalance
Rapid Launcher rebalance
ISIS (Ship tree)
Certificate changes

RnB
DX11 by default if supported

Five 0
Warp curves
Interdictor rebalance

Trilambda
New Marauder animations for Kronos, Paladin, Golem
Assets for mobile home, cyno disruptor, cruiser and frigate SOE ships, rapid missile launcher, siphon pesudo silo deployable, command ship hulls, death scene, corpses, incoming stargate jumps, warp disruption bubbles, SMA wrecks, V3 SMAs
Please note that not all of these assets will be connected to their features yet, so while they will be in the client they may not be represented in gameplay at this time.

The three unannounced items of interest to me:  

Incoming Stargate Jumps:  I'm assuming this menas gate flashes are back!!!

Warp Disruption Bubbles:  This could mean many things, from simply graphics changes to changing the distance bubbles pull to who knows..  

SMA wrecks:  This may mean that you can again acquire ships by blowing up SMA's (something that was broke 2 expansions ago).  Please let this be the case!  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

#81 Eomar

Eomar

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that bubbles were just getting a graphics change, so suspect that's all that's coming to SiSi soon.

#82 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Updates:

• Updated section: Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers with new info and link to dev blog.
  • Added section: New Command Ship Models with images and dev blog link.
  • Added link to Warp Acceleration changes details.

#83 Granger

Granger

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Rubicon is on Sisi so you can fly to SOE station and find out what rewards are.

Will do it soon™

"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#84 Silas

Silas

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

SOE BC... The "Nestor". Hasn't been announced so may just be a placeholder of some sort. Looks even more like a Star Destroyer than a Hurricane does.

EVE_Nestor.JPG

Video: https://www.youtube....h?v=_v7w9qMQCZk

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#85 Temprial

Temprial

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Supposedly the star destroyer model is the placeholder for everyship before they actually model it.
CCP Rise said on reddit that there "may" be a SOE Battleship.

#86 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Update

• Added new image regarding Rubicon character selection screen: (2)

#87 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

This video has a side-by-side comparison of the new warp speed method vs. the existing warp speed method, it's freakin' awesome!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#88 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Wrong video?
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#89 Cmore Hanaya

Cmore Hanaya

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

I think this is the link

At 9 AU from the gate before the old speed had entered warp properly. I'm liking this

Posted Image

#90 Druur

Druur

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

I did some experiments on SiSi yesterday: unless I did something really wrong, webbing freighters to slingshot them is going to be a thing of the past. Even under ideal circumstances (freighter aligned at stand-still, double-web), I could shave off only 2 seconds of the 44 second acceleration time, if that much.
BASIC-20091121 -- FC BASIC-20091114 -- WOLFPACKS-20091201 -- ADVANCED-2603102400 -- ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300
The FC's Eyes in PVP-20101605 -- SKIRMISH-20110129 -- FLYBYS-20110212 -- PVP-COVOPS-20110219

Greygal> I am getting bored. Let’s do this.

#91 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I did some experiments on SiSi yesterday: unless I did something really wrong, webbing freighters to slingshot them is going to be a thing of the past. Even under ideal circumstances (freighter aligned at stand-still, double-web), I could shave off only 2 seconds of the 44 second acceleration time, if that much.

?

Your statement makes me wonder if you understand the web-to-warp trick

1.)  If your freighter is at a stand still (aka Not moving), then it is NOT aligned.  You must be moving to be aligned to something.  

2.)  The web-to-warp trick requires the freighter to be moving BEFORE you web it.  See, to enter warp you must be moving at 75% of your max speed while aligned to your destination.  It takes 44s or such for a freighter to accelerate to 75% of its max velocity under normal circumstances.  The trick gets the freighter into warp much, much quicker, because it starts to accelerate and reaches say 10 m/s of its 100 m/s fairly quickly (say 8 s).  It is at this point that you apply 3x webs to reduce its max speed from 100 m/s to 12 m/s.  Since 10 m/s more than 75% of 12 m/s, the freighter instantly warps.  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

#92 Loteaus Seaven

Loteaus Seaven

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Thanks for that Gizz!

I knew about this strategy, as I have an alt in Red Frog. Your explanation helped clear up exactly how it worked. Very nicely put.

Awesome!

LS

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BASIC-20130104
WOLFPACKS-20130201

Posted Image

#93 Druur

Druur

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

2.)  The web-to-warp trick requires the freighter to be moving BEFORE you web it.  See, to enter warp you must be moving at 75% of your max speed while aligned to your destination.  It takes 44s or such for a freighter to accelerate to 75% of its max velocity under normal circumstances.  The trick gets the freighter into warp much, much quicker, because it starts to accelerate and reaches say 10 m/s of its 100 m/s fairly quickly (say 8 s).  It is at this point that you apply 2x webs to reduce its max speed from 100 m/s to 12 m/s.  Since 10 m/s more than 75% of 12 m/s, the freighter instantly warps.

That is something I actually did not know, that the freighter had to be moving before it is being webbed - mostly because I never had a chance to try it the other way around,and it's not how I expected the math to be implemented. I should have continued my initial experiments where I webbed a moving freighter (which had roused my suspicion in the first place).

I do know that immobile ships aren't aligned, but I wanted to be sure that that hadn't been quietly changed underneath my feet.

So I went back and redid my experiments with webbing a moving freighter, and much to the delight of my industrial alt, you were right. I did measure a slight slow-down in the sling shot (13 seconds vs the current 10 seconds), but it's hardly game changing.

Sometimes it's good to be publicly wrong :)
BASIC-20091121 -- FC BASIC-20091114 -- WOLFPACKS-20091201 -- ADVANCED-2603102400 -- ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300
The FC's Eyes in PVP-20101605 -- SKIRMISH-20110129 -- FLYBYS-20110212 -- PVP-COVOPS-20110219

Greygal> I am getting bored. Let’s do this.

#94 Wulfrunner

Wulfrunner

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

At 9 AU from the gate before the old speed had entered warp properly. I'm liking this

I really like how it looks coming out of warp -- much more abrupt, kind of like Star Trek / Star Wars. Warp your frigate into the middle of battle and you don't get this gentle deceleration, you're out of warp... NOW! and pew pew pew lazors and essplosions!
Posted Image

#95 Granger

Granger

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

I really like how it looks coming out of warp -- much more abrupt, kind of like Star Trek / Star Wars. Warp your frigate into the middle of battle and you don't get this gentle deceleration, you're out of warp... NOW! and pew pew pew lazors and essplosions!

Picard manouevre is a go

Also - yes - reminds me of the ' Falcon coming out of hyperspace the first time.... :"Cut in the sub light engines...." <blah> "Our position is correct, except, no Alderaan"

"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#96 Temprial

Temprial

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

CSlO8Oa.png

Pretty Bubble colours

#97 glepp

glepp

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

The way it's meant to be!

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#98 Wulfrunner

Wulfrunner

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Pretty Bubble colours

Does this mean that bubbles won't choke my computer any more? Currently, if I go into a bubble wrapped gate, my frame rate goes to hell. Normally I run two clients on all max graphics settings and that's fine *except* when there are tons of bubbles or those stupid damn gas clouds... Just seems like there's some inefficiency in the code somewhere. Hope they fixed that.

Posted Image

#99 Wulfrunner

Wulfrunner

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I heard they were only going to be available as Storyline mission rewards given by the Nullsec LvL 4 storyline mission agent.  But I don't know to be honest.  

I noticed that there are two new level 4 SOE agents Lanngisi:

http://community.eve...ote-two-agents/

Posted Image

#100 Carver

Carver

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

welp, the soap bubble wobblyness is gone, but who knows about the load... hopefully.

<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".