Photo

EVE Rubicon: Winter Expansion Recap

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#126 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

It means that fleet warping will be more carefully considered as the consequences of doing or not doing it may be significant if you have a gang of mixed size classes. It will be more important to have squads of same speed ships
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#127 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Absolutely. During the mass test on Singularity I flew a Crow (which is awesome, btw) and during fleet warps, was moving at 1.5 AU/s with dreads. When warping by myself, I could actually see myself passing people on my overview in warp.

#128 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

Slight nerf to the warp acceleration changes:

https://forums.eveon...182#post3831182

Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#129 Luna Moonsorrow

Luna Moonsorrow

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

Looks like we could be getting additional SOE ships!!!

http://community.eve...-faction-ships/

"We hope you guys enjoy the new ships, and make sure to keep your eyes peeled following Rubicon, the Sisters of EVE may not be done giving us new toys quite yet…"

Posted Image

#130 Talos Djuran

Talos Djuran

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

Well, to put SoE on par with other pirate factions, they need a BS.

#131 Carver

Carver

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

Don't forget to get the overviews updated when they come out- you'd hate yourself for missing a shiny kill or getting bushwhacked by an SOE ship you didn't see.
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#132 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

I hadn't realised the mobile depots would allow you to refit Tech 3 subs before.  That's pretty interesting for WHs!

#133 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

After reading the newest Chronicle on the rubicon feature site, I think Rubicon's ghost sites are the precursor to capsuleer wormhole generation arrays

edit: there's the link http://www.eveonline...icon/chronicle/.

Edited by Jeremiah Cole, 07 November 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#134 Talos Djuran

Talos Djuran

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

Do you guys have any idea how long anchored cans and the new deployable units last in space?

I mean, if I deploy a mobile depot somewhere in null, do I find it the next day, unless someone destroys it ?

#135 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

Anchored cans last 30 days unless shot or unanchored, and can have their time extended by using them actively within that 30 days. I dont know if the mobile depots will be the same.

#136 Talos Djuran

Talos Djuran

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

Cheers Jeremiah. Well I submitted an idea to CCP_Fozzie, whose team works on the deployable units, and whether that'll be useful or not I have no idea.

The idea is to have a deployable local cloak unit that cloaks every other unit/can, unused ships in its range. The cloak is broken as soon as a capsuleer (in a ship or a pod) gets in its range.

Can't be scanned, but the uncloaked ships using it can be.

The idea is to allow semi-permanent hidden stashes anywhere a player needs them.

I am not aware of most of the implications regarding how deployable units affect server load, so this might just not be doable, but that's up to Fozzie.

#137 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

I'd rather something like that be a heavy skill requirement, like a Covert Mobile Depot. Anchoring V, Cloaking V, etc.

#138 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Cheers Jeremiah. Well I submitted an idea to CCP_Fozzie, whose team works on the deployable units, and whether that'll be useful or not I have no idea.

The idea is to have a deployable local cloak unit that cloaks every other unit/can, unused ships in its range. The cloak is broken as soon as a capsuleer (in a ship or a pod) gets in its range.

Can't be scanned, but the uncloaked ships using it can be.

The idea is to allow semi-permanent hidden stashes anywhere a player needs them.

I am not aware of most of the implications regarding how deployable units affect server load, so this might just not be doable, but that's up to Fozzie.

So find a quiet system and have a permanent base that no one can ever find?  Not good design.

#139 Talos Djuran

Talos Djuran

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Why a quiet system? just any system, get a safe off dscan and drop your cloaky camp to be used in dire times

#140 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

Why a quiet system? just any system, get a safe off dscan and drop your cloaky camp to be used in dire times

Well in a busy system someone might scan you down and find it. My point is that having assets all over that are next to impossible to lose is not a good design. The mobile depots do what you want but people can find and RF them easily (5k hp in shields) so they really are only temporarily safe.

#141 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

So, when assaulting a mobile depot, it has a reinforced timer just like POCO's and POS's. However, instead of the 1 day 15 hours that we're used to it's 48 hours long.