EVE Rubicon: Winter Expansion Recap

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Here are the Interdictor Changes Thread:  

https://forums.eveon...842&find=unread

Essentially, sabre stays similar, rest of interdictors are getting significant combat buffs.  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

Practice Random Violence, and Senseless Acts of Beauty!

#102 Rynnik

Rynnik

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

I have a desire to buy some dictors for pretty much the first time in my EVE career...

xXx~E>BeeberFan69<3~xXx

#103 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Thank you, Giz. Updating OP.

I'm glad I'm skilling into the Flycatcher now that I've seen the changes, it's going to be fun.

#104 VennCarr

VennCarr

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

I fly them allllllllll. Now, I have a reason to.

#105 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Updates:

• Added Multiple Character Training section to OP with related link to dev blog and summary of info.

#106 Xixar

Xixar

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Pretty impressive video of inty warp speed changes:

One day, I will find the perfect fit for the wolf.

BASIC-20100116
WOLFPACKS-20101228

ADVANCED-20120418

#107 Talos Djuran

Talos Djuran

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

I dunno why, but I have the feeling that it's a good idea to stock up on Warp speed rigs, unless ofc you can produce them yourself....

#108 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I dunno why, but I have the feeling that it's a good idea to stock up on Warp speed rigs, unless ofc you can produce them yourself....

Meh ... I doubt the price will change much, and if it does, it will correct quickly. Production is easy, build-components are readily available. And even though the rigs will become much more useful, they will still be situational as rigs that are actually useful in a fight will stay much more common then rigs that only effect the speed of getting to a fight (or just traveling).

I also have doubts about the warp speed implants that will be introduced unless they become available in slots that aren't used a lot, like slot 10.

"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#109 Granger

Granger

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Meh ... I doubt the price will change much, and if it does, it will correct quickly. Production is easy, build-components are readily available. And even though the rigs will become much more useful, they will still be situational as rigs that are actually useful in a fight will stay much more common then rigs that only effect the speed of getting to a fight (or just traveling).

I also have doubts about the warp speed implants that will be introduced unless they become available in slots that aren't used a lot, like slot 10.

Confirming slot 10 is awesome for the WU-100X implant to reduce gunnery CPU usage. And mindlinks :)

"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#110 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I think either implants or rigs are going to be fairly essential for BSs in small/medium gangs, also its my understanding that the player-made implants will have an "Omega" implant which is going in slot 6. The rest are slots 1-5 I assume as its a set.

I suspect I'll find out soon with the "mad nano-geddon" (© Granger :P) as that's an extreme case.

Hopefully sisi is back on the Rubicon build shortly after tomorrow's TQ patch. Time to start looking seriously at shipfits now, rather than just messing about going "wheeee this is fast" :D

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#111 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

I wouldn't buy up warp speed rigs last time I checked ( two weeks ago). Due to the upcoming changes they are overbought and price went up some 600-700% above their build cost. They are cheap and easy to make but there's not a lot of supply because there hasn't been a demand for them. They may be up now but with that kind of profit margin the market will correct itself as many industrial people jump in to build and sell them to people that will actually buy them now.

Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#112 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Announced at Eve Vegas, a bunch of (mostly mid-slot) modules that currently cannot be overheated will be able to be overheated come Rubicon.  Fozzie confirmed that sensor damps will be able to be overheated, but also said that he'll be making another change to damps because otherwise they will be way too overpowered when overheated.

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#113 Talos Djuran

Talos Djuran

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

I wouldn't buy up warp speed rigs last time I checked ( two weeks ago). Due to the upcoming changes they are overbought and price went up some 600-700% above their build cost. They are cheap and easy to make but there's not a lot of supply because there hasn't been a demand for them. They may be up now but with that kind of profit margin the market will correct itself as many industrial people jump in to build and sell them to people that will actually buy them now.

I think that their price will spike a bit more before stabilizing when the market will be saturated after Rubicon.

My indy is already producing a few, just in case I either feel like trying them or selling them.

I wonder how much difference will they actually make, if it's gonna be worth to have a fleet inty or two fitting those or it's just a waste of rig slots.

#114 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Announced at Eve Vegas, a bunch of (mostly mid-slot) modules that currently cannot be overheated will be able to be overheated come Rubicon.  Fozzie confirmed that sensor damps will be able to be overheated, but also said that he'll be making another change to damps because otherwise they will be way too overpowered when overheated.

Finally you can truly OVERHEAT EVERYTHING!!!! (overheating target painters plzkthxbye)

Edit: aawwwwww no DC? It seems fair but is also somehow disappointing ..

"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#115 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

He did specifically state that Damage Control Units will NOT be overheatable :)

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#116 Zistiel

Zistiel

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Damage Control Units will NOT be overheatable :)

Damnit ! How many more updates must we wait for...

On a more serious note i can hardly wait for those warping speeds, finally an interceptor feeling like one... I log on to SiSi daily to get my fix :P

A Haiku by Koldz

agony, bats in hand
came forth, rage in eyes and hearts
bloody clubs struck heads

#117 Ronat

Ronat

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'd be an ass and say OH bonus on a DC is a 30% bonus to duration :P

Posted Image

#118 Rynnik

Rynnik

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'd be an ass and say OH bonus on a DC is a 30% bonus to duration :P

:lol:

Personally I am still waiting for the full passive DC that doesn't need to be run at all.  Can't be fit on cap ships at all of course (that should be the nerf CCP is looking for).   :ph34r:   

xXx~E>BeeberFan69<3~xXx

#119 Carver

Carver

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

...but not the nerf CCP deserves.
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#120 Othran

Othran

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I think that their price will spike a bit more before stabilizing when the market will be saturated after Rubicon.

My indy is already producing a few, just in case I either feel like trying them or selling them.

I wonder how much difference will they actually make, if it's gonna be worth to have a fleet inty or two fitting those or it's just a waste of rig slots.

I think you'll find its a waste of a slot for inties.

For a BS then its looking more like a "must have one" rig. Without a T1 cheap rig then the BS loses 2 secs/10AU on cruisers and 1 sec/10AU on BCs. The acceleration/deceleration sequence loses the BS a LOT more time but thats not looking easy/cheap to change. So you may as well try and save some time by upping max warp speed as accel/decel time increases due to upping warp speed are trivial compared to losing 5 secs on a 50AU warp.

Swings & roundabouts and some interesting choices....

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#121 Rynnik

Rynnik

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

For a BS then its looking more like a "must have one" rig. Without a T1 cheap rig then the BS loses 2 secs/10AU on cruisers and 1 sec/10AU on BCs. The acceleration/deceleration sequence loses the BS a LOT more time but thats not looking easy/cheap to change. So you may as well try and save some time by upping max warp speed as accel/decel time increases due to upping warp speed are trivial compared to losing 5 secs on a 50AU warp.

In what scenario do you see that mattering for BS level combat?

xXx~E>BeeberFan69<3~xXx

#122 Othran

Othran

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

I see it mattering in any small/medium gang moving at pace but needing some extra DPS. I do take your point but I don't like slow shit so I tend to try daft things ;)

Today's word is :

#123 Rynnik

Rynnik

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I see it mattering in any small/medium gang moving at pace but needing some extra DPS. I do take your point but I don't like slow shit so I tend to try daft things ;)

Which I think pushes alternatives like ABC use in that particular scenario.

While I also bemoan time spent warping as less than interesting game play on its own, I actually like that it adds meaning to another variable for ships to be balanced around and adds more gameplay where meaningful decisions can be made for choosing a particular ship for a job.  If this means small gang BS (or even more so, solo BS) become obsolete due to warp time it may result in the balance team being able to compensate them more in other aspects someday to promote their use.

I see it as a good change for the game overall despite the pain felt in particular use cases.  And I don't actually ever see the meta dropping something like a large trimark for a warp speed rig on standard fits (maybe shield BS get another oblique buff?).

xXx~E>BeeberFan69<3~xXx

#124 chrome diopside

chrome diopside

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

At the moment the fleet warps at the speed of the slowest ship, (assuming a Warp Fleet action as opposed to 'everyone warp yourselves') - will that still apply?  Mainly it just looks like inties will need to hold their targets solo for longer while fleet attempts to catch up.

And I agree with Rynnik - the idea of dropping a tank/dmg rig on a BS for faster warp speed is a non-starter.

CERT-IGPVPO.gifCERT-AESTRUCT.gifCERT-BPVPO.gif

| BASIC | WOLFPACKS |

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

redemptionroadmastheadhalfsize_zps05decb

#125 Rynnik

Rynnik

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

At the moment the fleet warps at the speed of the slowest ship, (assuming a Warp Fleet action as opposed to 'everyone warp yourselves') - will that still apply?

Yes, that was confirmed.

https://forums.eveon...554#post3685554

xXx~E>BeeberFan69<3~xXx