Photo

EVE Rubicon: Winter Expansion Recap

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

CH0Iusq.png

(Click for a 1920x1080 version of Rubicon wallpaper)

CCP Seagull talked briefly today about how EVE Rubicon will be the first step in allowing capsuleers to step out of the NPC limelight and expand across the universe. The goal is to allow players as much control as possible, with teaser images of what looked to be player created star gates and stations (not included in Rubicon) and what is rumored to be a modular POS design.

CCP Fozzie and CCP Rise then went on to talk about features:

1. Customs offices (x): change in influence over high sec offices to players, can destroy existing offices and replace them. Used to control planetary enterprises.

2. New set of deployable structures: entirely separate from starbase system. Concord will not intervene with combat against these, a suspect timer at the most. 4 new types with subtypes. ( a ) Siphon Unit: allows you to steal resources from starbases (like moon mining and reactions.) Anchors outside the starbase and anyone can take from it. ( b ) Depot: Mobile home base, allows you to have storage and fitting service. Entry level, low sp costs. Can drop and anchor anywhere*, refit and pick it back up. ( c ) Automatic tractor beam and looting device: Drop it, it'll tractor in wrecks and loot the wrecks into one hold (won't salvage.) Will grab wrecks based on ownership. ( d ) Deployable temporary short range cyno jammer: Will have short (on grid) range. Will not stop covert cynos.

3. Fixing warp acceleration (x): warp speed attribute affects warp acceleration rage (interceptors will warp extremely fast, battleships will warp very slowly.) Freighters will have higher top speed to balance it out. T1 cruisers will not be changed.

Graphs: Before, After

4. Ship rebalancing:

Interceptor changes: bubble immunity planned. Interdiction nullified, basically. Dropping average HP a little bit, very small cargo bays. Details: (x)

Marauders: two modes (1) standard: reduced Micro Jump Drive activation timers. (2) bastion mode: ship will "transform", gain E-war immunity, can't move, increased tank. Details: (x)

Electronic Attack Frigates: doubling the range on secondary E-war effects (web, point, neut). Upgrading cap recharge and sensor strength a bit. Details: (x)

Interdictors: core role will stay the same, big beneficiary from the warp acceleration change. Fitting and weapons bonuses are changes. Details: (x)

5. Graphics: Interdiction bubbles are having their appearance reworked.

6. New launcher (x): Rapid Heavy Missile launcher, battleship module. Will be great at killing medium to small ships.

Type ( CPU need / PG need / rate of fire)

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I (50 / 960 / 9.3s)
Rapid Heavy Missile launcher II (59 / 1210 / 7.45s)
'Arbalest' Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I (46 / 1160 / 7.45s)
'Limos' Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I (49 / 1160 / 8.37s)
'Malkuth' Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I (43 / 1160 / 8.84s)
YO-5000 Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher (51 / 1160 / 7.91s)

7. New Sisters of EvE Ships (x): combination of two factions (Gallente and Amarr). Long deployment, exploration that can do a lot and be away from home for a long time (with combat capability.) Armor resistance bonuses (Amarr), drone bonuses (Gallente), exploration bonuses (i.e. hacking) and covert cloaking device capability. 

Astero (Frigate) Stats

Role Bonus: 100% reduction in CPU requiement for cloaks
Role Bonus: 37.5% increase Scan Prob Strength (maybe this should be a rounder number? right now it follows the t1 bonus)
Role Bonus: +5 Virus strength for Relic and Data Analyzers

Can fit Cover Ops Cloaking devices

Amarr Frigate Bonus:
4% bonus to Armor Resists

Gallente Frigate Bonus:
10% bonus to Drone hitpoints and tracking speed

Slot layout: 2H, 4M, 4L; 2 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 32 PWG, 170 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 540 / 600 / 600
Capacitor (amount) : 430
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 312 / 2.87 / 975000 / 3.88s 
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 25 / 75
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 37km / 620 / 6
Sensor strength: 13 
Signature radius: 35
Cargo Capacity: 210

Stratios (Cruiser) Stats

Role Bonus: 50% reduction in Energy Turret capacitor need

Role Bonus: 37.5% increase Scan Prob Strength (maybe this should be a rounder number? right now it follows the t1 bonus)

Role Bonus: +5 Virus strength for Relic and Data Analyzers

Can fit Cover Ops Cloaking devices

Amarr Cruiser Bonus:
4% bonus to Armor Resists

Gallente Cruiser Bonus:
10% bonus to Drone hitpoints and damage

Slot layout: 5H, 5M, 5L; 4 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 920 PWG, 400 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 1950 / 2400 / 2450
Capacitor (amount) : 1700
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 182 / .47 / 9350000 / 6.09s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 500
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 55km / 275 / 7
Sensor strength: 20
Signature radius: 150

Cargo Capacity: 550

8. New certificate system (x): certificates will not be a prerequisite. New concept called Mastery. I.e. One certificate for Navigation with V levels of Mastery.

Image: (1), (2), (3)(4)

9. Interbus Ship ID: a tree that shows you your progression of ships you can fly and will be able to fly, will display Mastery icons by ship. More to come.

Image: (1)

10. Character Selection screen: making redeeming items easier, info about character easier to find, easier starting as a new player/character. More to come.

Image: (1), (2)

11. Integrating Twitch.tv into EVE Client: won't have to use 3rd party software at all, only a twitch account. Plug info into a window within the client and stream.

12. Gunnery Tiercide (x): Following in much of the same format as the ship rebalancing, gunnery tiercide will be changing the training requirements to be more consistent with a pattern similar to missile launcher requirements.

Image: Large (Before), Large (After), Medium (Before), Medium (After)

13. New Command Ship Models (x): While originally scheduled for deployment with Odyssey, the Command ship model changes are now scheduled for release with Rubicon. While not altogether new hulls, they will be changing from the static one hull with two skins to two different hulls. For example. the Vulture will remain a Ferox hull and the Nighthawk will become a Drake hull. Images linked below.

Images: Nighthawk (1), Nighthawk (2), Eos (1), Eos (2), Absolution (1), Absolution (2), Sleipner (1), Sleipner (2)

14. Multiple Character Training: Multiple character training is a step forward from where CCP last left off with the Odyssey expansion, allowing an account to simultaneously train two characters with the use of a PLEX. With the release of Rubicon, players will now have the ability to train all three characters on a single account for the price of one PLEX per character (two to train the two alts.) When the time for additional skill queue training runs out, the character with the lowest amount of skill points will have their queue disabled. Here are the details: details.

Edited by Jeremiah Cole, 18 October 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Interdiction nullified for interceptors is idiotic.  People can now travel through null with impunity if they want.  Tech 3s cost half a billion and were cruisers in align time, interceptors are next to impossible to catch without bubbles or gimmicky setups.

Otherwise, I think most of the changes are reasonable and a few are even 'interesting' but they really need to relax a bit and do something more groundbreaking with their expansions.  Incarna was a disaster, sure, but no one wants this 'careful iteration, don't rock the boat' shit from 'fearless' CCP.  A few expansions (Crucible, Inferno, Retribution) of consolidation made sense, Odyssey and now Rubicon....get back on it guys.

#3 Wulfrunner

Wulfrunner

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

doubling the range on secondary E-war effects (web, point, neut).

60km webs on the Hyena? Nice!

Posted Image

#4 Silas

Silas

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hm... some interesting stuff for sure.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#5 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Interdiction nullified for interceptors is idiotic. 

QFT. 

Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'm finding myself extremely pleased with the concepts for the SoE ships. It looks like they'll be utilizing Beam/Pulse lasers, if I see correctly (the cruiser, anyhow). The frigate actually looks like it has artillery?

Will be buying several of those to test them out.

They remind me of Jedi Starfighters from the newer ones :)

http://images.wikia....concept_art.jpg

#7 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Holy goodness that are Marauders and Sister ships!!!

#8 Quest

Quest

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

QFT. 

QFT x2

Nullifiers are crap and make T3 cruisers next to impossible to catch, this change to interceptors additionally compounded with the change in warp speed is beyond dumb, 0.0 shuttles!

#9 Virto Nex

Virto Nex

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

QFT.
QFT x2

Nullifiers are crap and make T3 cruisers next to impossible to catch, this change to interceptors additionally compounded with the change in warp speed is beyond dumb, 0.0 shuttles!

x3 really stupid. On another note though, those Sister of Eve ships look awesome!
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way." - John Paul Jones

"They see me Trollin', They hatin', Pa-trollin' And tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty.
Tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty.
Tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty."

My Blog: Cannon Fodder

BASIC-20120427 ADVANCED-20120418

I like my ribbons!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Nullification of interceptors is such a poorly thought out change. It would make flying the taranis, claw, and those lesser intercepters more viable.

#11 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Nullification of interceptors is such a poorly thought out change. It would make flying the taranis, claw, and those lesser intercepters more viable.

A celestial is bubbled and you chase a target cruiser/BC/BS w/e toward the celestial... they land in the bubble warp and off because you don't get pulled into it.  I guess you need a different tackle ship...  so much for "more" viable.

Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Or how about this more realistic use of the ship for me. I go through a wormhole. I try to catch a ratter in a dead end pocket. I now can completely ignore an 80 kilometer bubble wrap. It is a damn sight more viable.

#13 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Torn on the inty change, but getting the skill to V anyway.

People who want to run stuff through bubbled systems are going to do it no matter what it is that they have to fly to do it.

The nullification of wrapping the in-gate in a ratting system is a good change, give small groups the ability to do actual damage to the big groups unless they form up response fleets.

BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#14 Silas

Silas

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

No matter the change interceptors will always be the nr 1 tackler. I don't see how this change would discourage anyone from getting lvl V either... it's a buff to intys if anything. (And I don't like the bubble thing either)

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#15 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

Added a link to an image of a Kronos during Bastion mode.

#16 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Added a link to an image of a Kronos during Bastion mode.

Thanks for that new desktop wallpaper.

#17 Quest

Quest

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

A celestial is bubbled and you chase a target cruiser/BC/BS w/e toward the celestial... they land in the bubble warp and off because you don't get pulled into it.  I guess you need a different tackle ship...  so much for "more" viable.

I guess we will see more catch bubles. Just put a bubble 70km off celestial so that at least you can warp at range to it, so you can mitigate that negative somewhat.

I really don't like that change, but IMHO it is a big buff to interceptors, the issue with not caught in the bubble when you need it is minor compared to invulnerability in being caught everythere (coming through the gate, warping on grid though bubbles, scouting ahead etc.). In low sec inty's are next to impossible to catch (even with sebo and remote sebo's) and this will just extend that to 0.0. I don't think that they thought this one through properly, don't like it at all.

I hope that syphon unit is worth it (it actually does sound good) as it could be fun harrasing tool for small gangs. As long as it is worth putting it up for 30min incursion, however if it takes 2hrs to anchor and if it can be popped by POS guns forget it (not to mention if it costs 300mil ISK).

Other than that and the SOE/Vulcan ships, it seems that the expansion is quite light. I guess CCP is understaffed with all the other projects.

#18 Felix Oskold

Felix Oskold

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'm a bit undecided about the nullifier on interceptors, on one hand it will make safley scouting and catching fleeing targets much more viable (pretty much what an interceptor is made for). On the other hand it will make them next to impossible to catch with little or no pilot effort, esentially making them 0.0 shuttles; I don't see this as all that much of an issue as a properly flown interceptor is still quite hard to catch currently.

However I don't see this being a problem. Due to the warp acceleration incrase you will probably come out of warp significantly ahead of the target and have time to see there's a catch bubble, burn towards it and point the target when it lands.

Posted Image

#19 Vedenhenki

Vedenhenki

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

I don't see nullified shuttles as a big problem. Sure, they make moving yourself around in 0.0 easy, but it can already be done in covops - and killing lone people fit for travel is not very interesting anyway. But easier movement of people (not goods) around 0.0 might lower the psychological barrier of entry and make nullsec a livelier place. The potential for more people means potential for more interesting targets, which far outweights the fewer opportunities to gank travellers. :)

#20 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

I don't see nullified shuttles as a big problem. Sure, they make moving yourself around in 0.0 easy, but it can already be done in covops - and killing lone people fit for travel is not very interesting anyway. But easier movement of people (not goods) around 0.0 might lower the psychological barrier of entry and make nullsec a livelier place. The potential for more people means potential for more interesting targets, which far outweights the fewer opportunities to gank travellers. :)

The difference between a covops and a nullified interceptor is significant.  Covops are fine because they can be caught easily enough if you have bubblers and a mid-sized fleet to decloak.  I still get a bit of a 'oh shit, better concentrate' moment when hopping into a camp in a covops, in a nullified interceptor, I won't even look at my overview.

#21 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

People who want to run stuff through bubbled systems are going to do it no matter what it is that they have to fly to do it.

Again, there's a difference between the half a billion isk, cruiser align speed T3s and an interceptor.  One is risking quite a lot of isk to have bubble immunity but you can still be caught by even the 15 man, non dedicated (to catching T3s) gangs we run because it takes a while to warp.  A nullified inty is risking maybe 20-30m of ship but really unless something is setup specifically for lock speed (and that is only going to be campers) they have no chance of catching you. 

Catching a properly flown inty isn't that easy anyway (as someone else said) but now 'properly flown' just means 'hit warp'.

#22 Othran

Othran

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

The nullified inty is a transparent attempt to get more people into null. It won't have any effect on that at all.

The people who REALLY want to go to null (rather than whinge about how life, the universe and everything is SO UNFAIR on the forums) will go anyway, the rest won't unless you make it into happy-clappy land - which most of sov null already is.

Its a bloody stupid idea, simple as that.

Interesting that they are (I assume from the above) going to finally do something about warp acceleration. I was under the distinct impression that this part of the Eve engine was totally undocumented and nobody currently in CCP had the first clue about how it worked. I bet this part gets quietly dropped from the "expansion".

Not very impressed really, more (very slow) rebalancing and some new modules again. Doesn't look as if anyone in CCP has any vision for the game other than maintenance and the occasional new shiny.....

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#23 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

I am interested in final changes for EAFs. Nullified inties is silly idea.

First: Victory is Life!

#24 Vedenhenki

Vedenhenki

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

The difference between a covops and a nullified interceptor is significant.  Covops are fine because they can be caught easily enough if you have bubblers and a mid-sized fleet to decloak.  I still get a bit of a 'oh shit, better concentrate' moment when hopping into a camp in a covops, in a nullified interceptor, I won't even look at my overview.

It is still quite hard to catch covops piloted well. I have seen it done, but not too many times. But that's is beside the point - i was thinking more from the viewpoint of hunter. Covops, travel inty - boring prey. I don't really care. Sure, traveling is easier, but if that get more people in, i'm all for it.

The nullified inty is a transparent attempt to get more people into null. It won't have any effect on that at all.

The people who REALLY want to go to null (rather than whinge about how life, the universe and everything is SO UNFAIR on the forums) will go anyway, the rest won't unless you make it into happy-clappy land - which most of sov null already is.

It would have effect on me. Granted, last time i was subbed i was in nullsec, but i have several times considered resubbing and going for FW or something. Making mundane travel (and decentralized hunting, for that matter) easier in nullsec is, for me, significant step in making it more fun. It could very well be the thing getting me back - surely i'm not the only on in the whole new eden who thinks this way. If i'm not some freak of nature, some people, at least, will come. How many? I have no idea. But you are making the issue way too black-and-white. For some, small change is all they need to be pushed over the edge.

#25 Dybbuch

Dybbuch

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

doubling the range on secondary E-war effects (web, point, neut).

60km webs on the Hyena? Nice!

might make it interesting to fly at last