Photo

EVE Rubicon: Winter Expansion Recap

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#51 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

By the way, I love the warp acceleration change.

I completely, completely agree...   Inty pilots and "fast tackle" will be much easier to separate from there gang now, and be much more susceptible to counter attacks!!!  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

Practice Random Violence, and Senseless Acts of Beauty!

#52 Carver

Carver

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Me too. Also, "very small cargo bays" renamed to "nanite paste bay" - just watch and see.

<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#53 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Me too. Also, "very small cargo bays" renamed to "nanite paste bay" - just watch and see.

But.. but... my cap booster charges for the MASB on the Stiletto!

#54 Carver

Carver

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

But.. but... my cap booster charges for the MASB on the Stiletto!

My luminous golden pod will barely fit as it stands... Figure you keep the boosters that fit in the mod and the ammo barrage that loads into the autocannons

<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#55 Eomar

Eomar

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Ratters definitely won't be thinking nullified inties result in 0.0 becoming a safer place.

#56 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Ratters definitely won't be thinking nullified inties result in 0.0 becoming a safer place.

Faster warping inties to boot...   

I agree that it makes hunting ratters a little easier, as bubble farms on gates no longer helps them from interceptors.  However, I prefer the "ratter" that bubble wraps the gate to "get safe" rather than the inty pilot that can warp gate to gate with safe-easy nullsec travel.  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

#57 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

( a ) Siphon Unit: allows you to steal resources from starbases (like moon mining and reactions.) Anchors outside the starbase and anyone can take from it. 

I'm glad to see the above implemented.  I always wonder if F&I ideas get noticed by devs, and this makes me think it does:  

Moon Mining Deflector:  A mining ray deflector: This is an object you anchor between the moon harvesting array and the moon it is harvesting. Once operational, it deflects a portion of the harvested goods into this module. Essentially, it steals moongoo from the harvester every harvest cycle, and stores it for you to plunder. 

Granted, it's not exactly a unique idea... but I spammed it around a bit as a way for locals to harass "long distance overlords" that attempt to cartel moongoo from long distance.  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

#58 Quest

Quest

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

CCP Unifex is that you? :D

#59 Othran

Othran

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Nice try on eve-o Gizz re nullified inties, seems like we're in the minority given the hostile fire you took.

Ah well at least we can say "told you so" in the months to come before CCP rollback this change - which they will as they haven't thought it through.

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#60 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Nice try on eve-o Gizz re nullified inties, seems like we're in the minority given the hostile fire you took.

Ah well at least we can say "told you so" in the months to come before CCP rollback this change - which they will as they haven't thought it through.

If they want nullified inties they should be "Tech 3" and cost 100m isk.  They should still be able to be killed with a well piloted T1 frigate.

Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#61 glepp

glepp

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Tbh, you could diversify the lineup a bit.

Fleet inties could get the nullification thing, while the current combat inties instead get a 50% reduction to EWAR effects. Both get point range.

One can follow fleets very quickly an be an unimpeded nullsec scout, while the other gets a bonus that helps it survive under fire.

Imagine a Taranis that could only be webbed down to 2500m/s even with three 90% webs on it.

Fleet inties get:

Role bonus: Inderdiction nullified

Interceptor skill: MWD sig bloom reduction

Interceptor skill: Point range

Frig skill: Some weapon bonuses

Combat inties get:

Role bonus: 50% reduction to incoming EWAR effectiveness (at least webs and paints)

Interceptor skill: Point range.

Frig skill: Some weapon bonuses.

Would diversify the lines significantly, while making both very very good tacklers and still give the combat lineup a way to be effective in a 1v1 environment (range control).

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#62 Othran

Othran

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

To be frank I think they should leave inties alone until the warp acceleration change is made first.

I think that will be a big enough game-changer for inties/dictors without also messing with stats/etc at the same time.

Then again maybe there is method in the madness and they're putting the nullifier in to compensate for the warp acceleration change. Essentially dumbing down the skirmish/scout role for all those "leet" inty pilots who will otherwise die in bubbles due to underestimating how fast they can get ahead of fleet.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#63 Silas

Silas

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Tbh, you could diversify the lineup a bit.

Fleet inties could get the nullification thing, while the current combat inties instead get a 50% reduction to EWAR effects. Both get point range.

One can follow fleets very quickly an be an unimpeded nullsec scout, while the other gets a bonus that helps it survive under fire.

Imagine a Taranis that could only be webbed down to 2500m/s even with three 90% webs on it.

Fleet inties get:

Role bonus: Inderdiction nullified

Interceptor skill: Point range

Frig skill: Some weapon bonuses

Combat inties get:

Role bonus: 50% reduction to incoming EWAR effectiveness (at least webs and paints)

Interceptor skill: Point range.

Frig skill: Some weapon bonuses.

Would diversify the lines significantly, while making both very very good tacklers and still give the combat lineup a way to be effective in a 1v1 environment (range control).

I LIKE it...!

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#64 Bloodmyst Ranwar

Bloodmyst Ranwar

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Honestly, I think I like the change;

• I feel it makes null sec even more dangerous, ratters will have to be more alert of what's in system with them.  Bubble wraps are no longer a fail safe.
  • Promotes survivability of tacklers.  I think the better chance your intie has to survive, the longer your fleet can roam.
  • Nerfs Falcon/Sabre camps.  Anything that discourages this sort of play is in my opinion fantastic!
  • Many pilots may turn to inties for hauling small, but expensive cargo.  This could potentially give pilots a false sense of security due to bubble invulnerability.  Could be a new thing to send out small gate camps fit out to target these guys....

I've only thought of the advantages so far though...

Posted Image

#65 Reverend Ellecon

Reverend Ellecon

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

If Solo ratters or null bears are your pray then the combat inty really needs the nullification too. Although we don't see it in npc null too often sov null is full of back end systems were null bears think it is safe to just bubble wrap their gates and print isk. Having the interdiction nullifier does open up some new possibilities on killing these guys and this will be further improved by the warp speed acceleration. I wonder if punting inties will also be quicker. 

Still it seems to me it is a typical ccp fix to change some other part of the game rather than deal with the problems with bubble mechanics and risk piddling in people's chips. I am sure we'll make the most out of it. [Redacted]

#66 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

If Solo ratters or null bears are your pray then the combat inty really needs the nullification too. Although we don't see it in npc null too often sov null is full of back end systems were null bears think it is safe to just bubble wrap their gates and print isk. Having the interdiction nullifier does open up some new possibilities on killing these guys and this will be further improved by the warp speed acceleration. I wonder if punting inties will also be quicker. 

Still it seems to me it is a typical ccp fix to change some other part of the game rather than deal with the problems with bubble mechanics and risk piddling in people's chips. I am sure we'll make the most out of it. Probably be worth loading up stations in syndicate with travel inties to ease reshipping for us and maybe put some on the market too. Peeps will be desperate and buy them to scarper away in their expensive pods after a fight.

The more I think about it, nullified interceptors are in many ways a reasonable answer to AFK cloaking.  If you can enter a system and warp to an anomaly fast enough to get tackle on ratters/miners, then you almost don't need to "afk cloak".  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

#67 Cmore Hanaya

Cmore Hanaya

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I personally like the Gunnery Tiericide

http://community.eve...icate-overhaul/

No more need to Level 4 skill weapon specializatons that you don't wish to use. Finally i may skill for a Oracle

Posted Image

#68 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Updates:
  • Added link to devblog and brief information regarding gunnery tiercide & before/after images: section 12.
  • Added link to devblog regarding high sec customs offices.
  • Added image of new Character sheet UI (Skills): [1]
  • Added image of certificate system integrated into character sheet: [3]
  • Added image of certificate icons: [4]

I'm pretty excited about the gunnery tiercide and can see quite a few bitter vets being... well, bitter about it.

#69 Quest

Quest

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Hot off the press:

http://dl.eve-files....eve_cruiser.png

#70 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

Nice find, Quest. Adding it now. :)

I'm getting more and more excited about these ships.

#71 Quest

Quest

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Yeah same here, I want one (or five)!

#72 Luna Moonsorrow

Luna Moonsorrow

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Must... have... Sisters of EVE ships!!! Since everyone probably wants them, could make alot of money straight away if you could get the BPCs! :D

Posted Image

#73 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Updates:

• Added SoE ship stats.
  • Added warp acceleration graphs.
  • Added links to eve forums for details for:
    • Interceptors Changes
    • Sisters of EVE Ships Stats
    • Electronic Attack Frigates Changes

#74 Carver

Carver

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

SOE cruisers look crazy hot - why oh why did they not include these in the 10-year pack??

#75 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Must... have... Sisters of EVE ships!!! Since everyone probably wants them, could make alot of money straight away if you could get the BPCs! :D

hmmm...I do have a few hundred thousand SOE LP laying around... are they available through the LP store?
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image