Photo

[DISCUSSION] PVP-University Policy Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#26 Weeks

Weeks

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

The new price list applies to all classes after FLYBYS. The ADVANCED class you see above is at the new pricing rate. This applies to individuals AND corporate accounts.
Weeks - Dad. Developer. Gamer.
* Former PVP-U Lead & Sneaky Fucker Extraordinaire

#27 Tyranis Marcus

Tyranis Marcus

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Hmm..that's not very good business pracitce if they've already paid.

DO NOT RUN.  WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS.

#28 Kazella

Kazella

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

In Agony's favor, I don't thing the alliance/corp accounts were to pay a particular price. They were more like a cash card at McDonalds or Starbucks - mainly for convienence while they earn intrest off your cash. McDonalds and Starbucks are free to do whatever they want with their prices after you have put money on your account, and after taking the Basic course Saturday, the Agony courses are well worth the price. In fact Agony is in some way mirroring RL. They said they are raising their prices because of inflation in game - watch what McDonalds and Starbucks do when that 10 Trillion the Federal Reserve printed up starts filtering to us serfs... :)
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?115505]BASIC - 1403091800[/link] <--- PROUD participant in the 'EPIC' class!!!
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?115812]WOLFPACKS - 2103091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?114210]FLYBYS - 2903091800 PostPwned 0205092200 PostPwned Again[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?116729]ADVANCED - 0404091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?123086]COVOPS - 1804090001[/link]

http://www.agony-killboards.com/?a=sig&i=39962&s=zealot

#29 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

Hmm..that's not very good business pracitce if they've already paid.

No-one can have paid, because those courses aren't open yet. All courses that have been opened for enrollment are at the existing prices.
Posted Image

#30 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

If the Corporate accounts were to prepay X students for Y course then it would be a different matter, but our accounts are just a deposited sum of Isk that can be applied to any class at a discount rate (very much like the cards Kazella described). Apart from anything else, it would be an absolute nightmare to administer, as we would have to check who paid what and when every time we adjust an account. If any of our account customers are unhappy with the new prices I will be happy to close their account and refund their remaining Isk.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#31 Tyranis Marcus

Tyranis Marcus

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

Don't do that. It was my personal isk and I'm not in that alliance anymore. Make them spend it on training no matter what.

#32 Sanpaku Deska

Sanpaku Deska

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

Read the changes and I think they're completely reasonable. I especiallyu like that AU will work with new players to earn the money -- which I think is ideal. Love to see an Interceptor/SKirmisher course someday....

#33 Tea

Tea

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:25 AM

Read the changes and I think they're completely reasonable. I especiallyu like that AU will work with new players to earn the money -- which I think is ideal.

Love to see an Interceptor/SKirmisher course someday....

We have some stuff being worked on but we tend to run them in house a bit first to fine tune the curriculum.
No eta for a public course as far as I know.

#34 Tyranis Marcus

Tyranis Marcus

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

BTW, to all the people who chimed in about prices being resonable, I'm not the least bit interested in your opinion, so save your breath. I donated enough to get 40 of that alliances's members through basic, which was really needed and would help them immensely, now it's down to 20, since the corporate price for basic doubled. I'm just a little disapointed with that, but it looks like those guys aren't real busy enrolling in courses anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. Don't bother replying with any more disagreements or input. I'm not reading this thread again. I've said what I have to say and I'm done with it. Life's a bitch. I'll get over it.

#35 Kieler

Kieler
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

If any of our account customers are unhappy with the new prices I will be happy to close their account and refund their remaining Isk.

Seems like a reasonable option if someone was really unhappy about these prices. I like that you guys use a common sense approach to things.

/chime

#36 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

I donated enough to get 40 of that alliances's members through basic, which was really needed and would help them immensely, now it's down to 20, since the corporate price for basic doubled.

No, you did not deposit enough for 40 alliance members' basic classes, you deposited enough for 200 mil worth of classes. At no point anywhere in anything did we make any indication that prices would never change. If you buy a gift card at a store and their prices go up you don't get to pay the old prices just because you bought your gift before the prices changed. All an alliance account is is a convenient way to pay for a group of people to take classes. You're not prepaying for classes, you're just pre-depositing money. If you assumed it worked differently then that was your false assumption. Like Loon said, we have no problem with refunding your alliance account.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#37 Tyranis Marcus

Tyranis Marcus

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:45 AM

Actually, I changed my mind. Could you refund the isk to my personal wallet? Emperor will verify that it was my personal isk, and not that of the alliance. Thanks.

#38 Thadeus Uatar

Thadeus Uatar

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:42 AM

PVP-Spider course sounds full of win, cant wait! That is all.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com///e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?126760]BASIC - 2305091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com///e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?129615]WOLFPACKS-3005090030[/link]

#39 Tyranis Marcus

Tyranis Marcus

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:17 PM

No, you did not deposit enough for 40 alliance members' basic classes,

Yes, Bamar, I deposited enough to get 40 people through basic. I remember doing the math and choosing my amount based on that.

edit: removed a few things I shouldn't say on a forum.

#40 KrazyTaco

KrazyTaco
  • Pip

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

A friendly reminder to Agony that they should update this topic (link) with the new prices.

And Tyranis, no one guaranteed you the prices would not go up. Agony did not have you prepay for a class specifically, they had you setup a virtual wallet of sorts, much like the gift card analogy presented earlier in this thread.

If you buy a gift card at a store and their prices go up you don't get to pay the old prices just because you bought your gift before the prices changed

#41 Tyranis Marcus

Tyranis Marcus

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

Yes, a virtual wallet with a discounted price list attached. Right there in the thread. I would never have sent any isk at the current rates. For the number of people we wanted to train, the price hike made it so it's no longer an economical option. We were told specific rates we'd pay if we set up corp or alliance accounts. That was one of the benefits of having an account. At any rate, I don't want to argue. Just send a refund pls. Thanks.

#42 Azual

Azual

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:24 AM

No, you did not deposit enough for 40 alliance members' basic classes,

Yes, Bamar, I deposited enough to get 40 people through basic. I remember doing the math and choosing my amount based on that.

edit: removed a few things I shouldn't say on a forum. (Even though they are true.)

I'm not looking to join the argument here, but I think you're misunderstanding what he was saying.

You made a corp account of 200mil, which at the previous prices would have paid for 40 basic classes, as you say. As far as I can tell nobody is disputing this.

I think what Bamar meant is that the account didn't contain 'payment for 40 basic classes' (which implies it would always pay for 40 classes regardless of whether the price was 100mil or 1mil per class) - it contained 200mil, which pays for 200mil worth of classes (which would equate to 40 basic classes at the old rate).

I understand your position and why you're disappointed, but the way it's been done makes sense - if we had lowered the prices and still charged you one fortieth of your account each time because it was for '40 basic classes', I doubt you would think that fair either.
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#43 Azual

Azual

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:35 AM

A friendly reminder to Agony that they should update this topic (link) with the new prices.

Thanks, done!
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#44 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:49 AM

At any rate, I don't want to argue. Just send a refund pls. Thanks.

I've Evemailed the Executor of The Fifth Syndicate Alliance - as soon as he gives the okay, I will refund the remaining 195 million Isk.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler