Photo

[CLOSED] Jan 1 @ 21:00 Happy Newb Year! Free public roam!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#26 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Steven Koskanaiken - Steven Koskanaiken (B-REP)

Always in for some massive welping :)

Can I fit snowballs and fireworks :P

If you want you can, but ship loss probability is RIDICULOUSLY high, I'd hate to see you lose them without getting to truly enjoy them! Seriously, the odds are oh, probably 99.99% that we'll get whelped the moment we enter nullsec, potentially before you get to shoot off a single round :( I've gotten intel that bombers are already planning on setting up on the Sendaya gate in Doril waiting for our arrival (and yes, I know they are likely reading this so if they are smart, they'll set up someplace I'm not expecting them! lol!) Then again, maybe I'm not planning on heading straight into Curse as we often/usually do... B)

Of course, I should say that it's better to fit your ship with something useful to the fleet... I think they'd be of more fun value in a situation other than this roam, but on the other hand they are yours to lose and if you really want to fit them, then go ahead. Just make sure FRAPS is running!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#27 kor kilden

kor kilden
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Kor Kilden (WNDR) I should make it, can't guarantee though. Your requirement of an afterburner is really crimping my ability to get my reaper up to pod killing alpha, can I run 2 points instead or should I see how else I can maximize the overkill of the noobship?

#28 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Kor Kilden (WNDR)

I should make it, can't guarantee though. Your requirement of an afterburner is really crimping my ability to get my reaper up to pod killing alpha, can I run 2 points instead or should I see how else I can maximize the overkill of the noobship?

Fit it however you want - we've found having a prop mod is extremely helpful whenever possible, but if it's crippling your desired fit, then fit however you decide is best. You may find it difficult to get in range of pods to kill without an afterburner... on the other hand, it is extremely optimistic of you to expect that we'll actually create pods for your pod killing reaper :) I love it :)

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

m3gAb3q.png

#29 Kronthar

Kronthar
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Kronthar - Kronthar Lionkur (FNA) and Happy Newb Year!

#30 Gustavus Adolphus

Gustavus Adolphus
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Gustavus Adolphus - Gustavus Adolphus (CRTRK)

#31 Patchouli Airuta

Patchouli Airuta
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Patchouli Airuta (L1B3R) joining with a nice logi frig (shield)

#32 Stemax

Stemax
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Stemax - Stemax (PHAIL)

#33 McReaper

McReaper
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

McReaper - McReaper (FT100)
BASIC-20100220
WOLFPACKS- 1203102200

#34 ePIMP

ePIMP
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

ePIMP - ePIMP (S-B-A)

#35 LOBPO

LOBPO
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hi I will sign up late to the party :) .. LOBPO - LOBPO (I have no idea what a ticker is sorry)

#36 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Great roam today, had a hell of a lot of fun flying with everyone! Thanks to those who threw their ships at our newbie guns - we got some nice kills! Also, all those who attended who have not previously taken a Basic class, my New Year's gift to you is free tuition to the Basic class of your choice in the future so you can stick to your resolution of moar explosions! :) Drop me an evemail so I can add you to my list, and don't forget that I gave you this :)

m3gAb3q.png

#37 Othran

Othran

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Was a very fun night. FRAPS should be......interesting :D
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#38 Druur

Druur

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

My equipment is currently not quite in shape for elaborate FRAPSing (much less processing), but I could record enough to remind me what had happened. It's not a proper AAR, and tomorrow I'm probably going to tear out my eyebrows over all the stylistical and grammatical oddities which escaped my proofreading.

http://hazardousgood...free-ships.html

Nac Mac Feegle!
BASIC-20091121 -- FC BASIC-20091114 -- WOLFPACKS-20091201 -- ADVANCED-2603102400 -- ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300
The FC's Eyes in PVP-20101605 -- SKIRMISH-20110129 -- FLYBYS-20110212 -- PVP-COVOPS-20110219

Greygal> I am getting bored. Let’s do this.

#39 Othran

Othran

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Nice read Druur :) I think we got fights because the fleet looked easy to welp/kite, even after we'd moved out of newbie ships. Never really thought about it but if you have a decent sized roam then you either need to look like a bunch of muppets (I think we had that nailed :D ) or you have to hand the advantage to the opponents. Or you get no fights/have to wait hours for a fight.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#40 Fitch

Fitch

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

That was a good read Druur. Had me grinning from ear to ear as your words prompted a recall of events from the roam; and wincing ever so slightly as I remembered the fleet's err.... choral efforts. Othran, your birthay could have only have gotten better from that point on :D

#41 cooperkhoo

cooperkhoo
  • Pip

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

happy new year to you all :)

#42 Dece Goo'Ba

Dece Goo'Ba
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Sorry for the long delay, I am shit :-( but I have FINALLY sorted out the footage from the Newb Years Day public roam and posted a vid on youtube:-

Thanks again for a superbly run and fun roam :-)

#43 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Great video!! That was EPIC fun to watch! Gosh, I can't believe how :serious: I sound half the time... then I suddenly burst into giggles, ya'll must think I'm manic or something! Loved your text comments, burst out laughing several times at them. Great stuff - hope you fly and fraps the next open roam! (I'll probably do another for-fun pubic roam for Valentine's day btw... maybe sooner!)

m3gAb3q.png

#44 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Thank you so much for including the "Happy Birthday" part. My kids are now even more convinced that anyone over the age of 25 is a senile dribbling idiot, which leaves me in the zombie categeory :D Was much appreciated by me - I'm sure it must have been the Agony TS server which made it sound so unique ;) A nice way to enter the New Year, thanks to all.
Today's word is :