The Directional Scanner is a powerful tool, simple to use but somewhat challenging to master. One comment we see repeatedly in feedback threads for our classes is that students wish we would spend more time on using the Directional Scanner.
In response to this feedback, Agony has put together a free seminar on the Directional Scanner. The Seminar consists of a 22-minute video followed by hands-on, practical exercises and demonstration scans.
The goals of this seminar are to provide you with a low-pressure environment to practice dscanning, answer specific questions on scanning, and provide guidance on the aspects of using the Directional Scanner that you may be having difficulty with, and to have fun.
This seminar is aimed at players of any experience level.
This seminar is free, and expected to last around two hours. The entire seminar will take place in high security space in and around Stacmon.
PREREQUISITES: There are no prerequisites to attend this seminar.
SHIPS: Arrive for class in a T1/T2 frigate or covops of your choice. You may fit it anyway you wish, as we are not expecting to engage in combat during the Seminar. However, if there is enough interest, we *MIGHT* go for a spontaneous frigate roam after the seminar is over (in which case, typical Basic class frigate fittings are recommended).
HOW THE SEMINAR WILL RUN:
(1) Watch the video BEFORE the seminar date. This video covers just about everything you need to know
(2) Meet in Stacmon, we'll do a quick roll-call and fleet-up.
(3) We will briefly touch on the material in the video, and do a question/answer session (around 30 minutes)
(4) We will undock and begin practicing scanning each other out, having a great deal of fun in the process.
I want to spend the majority of our time together actually scanning eachother out, practicing using the dscanner and answering questions/trouble-shooting difficulties anyone has with using the dscanner. Because I desire that most of our time is spent with hands-on activity, it is VITAL that all attendees watch the video before we meet.
We have put together a video that we expect ALL participants to view BEFORE the seminar meeting time. This video is available on the Agony Youtube page at: http://www.youtube.c...re=results_main Direct Link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WydGHvTH7NA&list=UUdJvRAcltnXm2t3XD8PX8Aw&index=1&feature=plcp
- Course Code: DSCAN-20120303
- Time and Duration
- Class: March 3rd @ 21:00, for approximately two hours.
- Roam: No roam planned, but we might do something spontaneously
- Price: FREE!
- Meeting Location: Stacmon V - Impro Factory
- Instructor: Greygal
- Maximum Enrollment: 25 (not including Agony)
AGONY_SITE_DISPLAY_NAME - PILOT NAME (CORP TICKER)
If you chose to be creative, sloppy, use different brackets, put in your pilot name twice or anything else like that we may not process your enrollment and you may lose your spot.
Bamar - Christina Bamar (AGONY)
- Confirmed students:
- Sar Hasarin - Sar Hasarin (D-N-S)
- Ensign X - Ensign X (CP)
- Vora - Vora Dumem (R-FED)
- Fitch - Drosstein Fitch (TS)
- sus4 - sus4 (R1FTA)
- dizzy - Lolixx (R-FED)
- AkJon Ferguson - AkJon Ferguson (FERGY)
Smantis - Eklest (BCMC1)Cancelled
- Garan - Garan Nardeiu (TFHG)
Metaloid - Metaloid (R-FED)Cancelled
- Vjorn - Vjorn Angannon (FLEET)
- staley johnson -staley johnson (e-uni)
- bjorn.asgard - Bjorn Asgard (UC)
- NewportBox – Repudiated (A)
- Ina Sabezan - Ina Sabezan (VI*)
- cooperkhoo - Shu Jia (HN-L)
- Kalar Freno - Kalar Freno (RIOT.)
VenUri - VenUri (R-FED)Cancelled
- sovai - Sovai Elaaren (KOFED)
- Xolanie - Xolanie (UKC)
- Xi'ang - Xi'ang (GIB)
- Hectar - Hectar Flay (E-UNI)
- Big Monkey-Big Monkey (Interwebs Cooters)
- Lennox Sinclair - Lennox Sinclair [PWWN]
- Stompsya -Stompsya Slappahoe - House of Nim-Lach
- AGONY Students:
- Sancho - Sancho Pwnza (AGONY)
- Ba'al Hadad
- Rox Ghengis