Photo

[Poll] Would you be interested in a Dscan Seminar?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you be interested in a dscanner seminar? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in a dscanner seminar?

1. Yes! I want to know more! (55 votes [88.71%])

Percentage of vote: 88.71%

2. No, I'm already a pro (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

3. I'd only come if we get to pew-pew after (5 votes [8.06%])

Percentage of vote: 8.06%

4. Dscanner? What's that? (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

Vote

#26 Fusada

Fusada
  • Pip

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

yes, if time zone will let me attend it.
BASIC-20110902
WOLFPACKS-20110917

Is there an answer that would satisfy you?
Not really.
Then why ask?

#27 FU 2

FU 2
  • Pip

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Plus one more, count me in.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?131367]BASIC - 0606091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?135781]WOLFPACKS - 200906271800[/link]

#28 Alain Kinsella

Alain Kinsella
  • PipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

If the discussion is still occuring, add me to the list. I am starting to poke about Low in cloaked or cheap ships, and don't always keep scanner probes on them (not the expanded launcher anyway). I still remember most of what Dzu gave out during the CovOps session (regarding camp snapshots), that alone was invaluable. I know I'm still lacking in how to use that tool, fast *or* slow. :-/

BASIC-20091104 | WOLFPACKS-20101228 | COVOPS - 20111119

Past MMO experience (Second Life / Myst Online) does not influence interest in PvP.

Don't assume, ever.

The Kind Healer - Ambassador from Uru

#29 Garan

Garan
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

Although slow, I figure my d-scanning is fairly ok (making my first significant isk in eve by khm, legitimate removal of space junk, khm :)). However, as someone said, it goes away fast and any new tricks are great so +1 here. Regarding content, I would really appreciate (and suggest) having as much practical exercises as possible. Require folks to read ahead so that they know what scan range, angle and 1AU are and where they are located in scan window. Obviously, a roam afterwards would be a welcome bonus.

#30 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Just a quick update so ya'll don't think I forgot about this... the dscan seminar IS a "go" - I just have to set a date for it, which will likely be the first or second weekend in March. As the saying goes... Watch This Space™ ... more info Soon™ :)

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#31 Othran

Othran

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

You sure about that? In any regard? I would wager most members of agony could pass the scan test without an issue. As it was said, d-scans aren't purely for locating a target, they can show range, direction, convey various forms of intel. If you feel it won't be valuable to you, fantastic, but some people could use assistance.

Indeed. However what I said was said to me by one of the cert evaluators last year, so I'm sure about that at least ;)

Hope it goes well GG.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.