Photo

Re: Covops Nov 19/20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

The link to the "Surviving in a Stealth Bomber" wiki page is blocked, so we can't read it to determine suggested prerequisites. Granted, I'm kind of exhausted after my day in the office roaming with Caldak and crew... hehehe... but I found it confusing that it's a covops class and references a stealth bomber wiki page ... ?? :rolleyes: Also, when will the thread be open for sign ups? :) Perhaps this page would be better to link to: http://www.agony-unl...iversity/COVOPS Thanks for all that you do! GG

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

Nope link is right. Must have done Basics and Wolfpacks, must be able to fly it. With only 30 spots for it, should fill up fast. mm Falcons would be nice :lol: I can't edit the link to allow people to read it, so be ready for when you can.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#3 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

Covops prereqs were all probing skills at L4 and covops 4 IIRC. If its bombers rather than covops then I reckon L4 covops will be OK. You dont want to get in a bomber with less than L4. Bombs 3 will prob be fine unless were droppimg void or lockbreaker bombs. Im assuming its bombers due to the recon reference.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#4 Aethena

Aethena

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

Oooooh! Do you know when the thread will be open for registrations? I'm travelling overseas in early November and am hoping signups don't open when I'm 35000 feet over the Pacific...

#5 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

I've done both Basics and Wolfpacks (and a few others) - is the link supposed to be available to those who have done these classes? Or is the link only available for those who get into the class? (Again, pardon my confusion, spent the day Blowing Shit Up™ kinda brain fried) GG

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

m3gAb3q.png

#6 Aethena

Aethena

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

I did find this page entitled 'PVP University/Bombers' which has prerequisites etc., but not 100% sure it's referring to the same class. It might be a bit old – I found it in an old enrollment post from 2008 (Caldak is listed as a student! :lol: ) http://www.agony-unl...versity/BOMBERS

#7 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

(Caldak is listed as a student! :lol: )

I must admit I just can't imagine Caldak as a student... :P He'll always be FC in my eyes B)

m3gAb3q.png

#8 Kalar Freno

Kalar Freno

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

I did find this page entitled 'PVP University/Bombers' which has prerequisites etc., but not 100% sure it's referring to the same class. It might be a bit old – I found it in an old enrollment post from 2008 (Caldak is listed as a student! :lol: )

http://www.agony-unl...versity/BOMBERS

I wouldn't take that link as anything more than a *very* rough indication of contents and requirements. Stealth Bombers have been extensively redesigned since that was written (e.g. you'll find it very hard to fit cruise missle launchers to your bomber in EFT now).

As far as I know, AGONY haven't run a bomber class for a very long time - big props to Caldak for doing something a bit different! :)

#9 Aethena

Aethena

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

I wouldn't take that link as anything more than a *very* rough indication of contents and requirements. Stealth Bombers have been extensively redesigned since that was written (e.g. you'll find it very hard to fit cruise missle launchers to your bomber in EFT now).

As far as I know, AGONY haven't run a bomber class for a very long time - big props to Caldak for doing something a bit different! :)

I thought it might be – I'm probably just a little over excited, heh. I did manage to start training Missile Bombardment IV before downtime. :)

#10 Kalar Freno

Kalar Freno

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

I thought it might be – I'm probably just a little over excited, heh. I did manage to start training Missile Bombardment IV before downtime. :)

I started Missile Bombardment IV the the second Caldak mentioned he was thinking of running a Bomber class on the first day of the WOLFPACKS class :P

EveMon says I should just about be able to make it into a bomber before the class starts - here's to hoping! And seeing as I aquired one as a recent competition prize (thanks again Othran!!!), it seems a shame to pass up the chance to get it blown up :)

As an aside, the idea of a flight of 30 bombers backed up by a couple of Falcons and Arazus is pure awesome B)

#11 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

WHOA!!!! A bomber class??? I'm soooooo all over it, if I can wake up for the sign-ups lmao. Speaking of which, when ARE sign-ups??? I also can't access the pre-req page at this time.....but you can bet I'll be checking back :P ///stops training logi 5 for covop 5\\\ Edit: will there be a preference for racial type/bomb type?

#12 qwertz_fan

qwertz_fan

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Speaking of which, when ARE sign-ups???

Seconding this! For epic forum camping! :blink:

#13 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

The signup thread was cloaked, and with the role bonus of -100% to thread unlocking delay, you couldn't point it. It has since recloaked and warped off, so we don't even know who's in it. Suffice to say, if this is news to you, you missed it :(

#14 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

Edit: will there be a preference for racial type/bomb type?

I too would like to know.

Edit: Derp, checked the alt I plan to bring to this and he has all frigates V anyway. At the end of August he had 0 SP in missiles but he should be good-to-go by the time this rolls around. I'm shooting for this:

Bomb deployment IV (maybe III is enough)
Missile bombardment V
Missile launcher op V
Missile projection V (maybe IV is enough)
Rapid launch V
Target Nav Prediction V
Torpedoes V
Torpedo spec IV
Warhead Upgrades IV
Racial frigate V (I hope they insist on everyone in same bomber since there's so much advance notice)
Cov ops V (IV is enough but he's already at V)

FWIU Guided missile precision doesn't benefit bombers/torps. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#15 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

Edit: will there be a preference for racial type/bomb type?

I too would like to know.

/smug mode on

I don't care I have them all maxed :)

/smug mode off
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#16 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

I vote Manticore. That's the only one I have trained, and I'm currently remapped away from perception and willpower... Edit: wait I can being a manticore and just do less damage if another bomb type is selected, right?

#17 Vora

Vora

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

And I'll add the bonus of Second to Vora for ..... ( Any course for you mate and a place in it. )

Firetail competition

Ha! Ha! Ha! Yeah!

*rain dance* :P

CovOps 5, Bomb Dep 4, Torp Spec 4 'n' more useful stuff on my toon. All races.

An enrollment date would be nice, though. ;)

#18 roigon

roigon

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

Awesome! I love my cov ops cloaky sneaky stuff, and wouldn't mind learning some tricks and tactics. I'd think that for teaching purposes it doesn't really matter which SB you fly; They are all roughly the same. It would just be that for bombs our DMG would be lower then if everyone flew the same SB. I think purifier is currently the most popular for bombing though, because of the EM dmg type. Also nov 19th happens to be my birthday. :P

#19 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Now the question is "who's got lots of bomb tacs?" Amusingly the first kill I ever got with a bomb was an indy in whatever the null sec system next to Skarkon is. I used one of the ever-present bubble catchpoints as the target and pop went the indy. No problem there. I then tried to kill the pod - with torps. I think I had to reload at least once and maybe twice to kill the sod - local chat was well funny as he slowboated for the gate :D
Today's word is :

#20 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

And I'll add the bonus of Second to Vora for ..... ( Any course for you mate and a place in it. )

Firetail competition

Ha! Ha! Ha! Yeah!

*rain dance* :P

CovOps 5, Bomb Dep 4, Torp Spec 4 'n' more useful stuff on my toon. All races.

An enrollment date would be nice, though. ;)

Best prize ever now eh? :)
Today's word is :

#21 Sir Locutus

Sir Locutus

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Bomb deployment IV Missile bombardment IV Missile launcher op V Missile projection IV Rapid launch V Target Nav Prediction IV Torpedoes IV Warhead Upgrades IV Covert ops IV ( Minmatar , Gallente ) Cloaking IV do you think i should skill something from this list ( or something else ) before class
BASIC-20111006
WOLFPACKS-20111021
COVOPS-SB-20111119
ADVANCED-20111216
FLYBYS-20120324

Posted Image

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind – killer.
Fear is the little – death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#22 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Bomb deployment IV
Missile bombardment IV
Missile launcher op V
Missile projection IV
Rapid launch V
Target Nav Prediction IV
Torpedoes IV
Warhead Upgrades IV
Covert ops IV ( Minmatar , Gallente )
Cloaking IV

do you think i should skill something from this list ( or something else ) before class

Covops 5 will give you the best return for your training time. You get bonuses to torps and bombs; you also get the probing bonuses for the covops ships. As to whether you NEED it then no you don't, but its one of the best L5 shipskills to have in terms of what you get.
Today's word is :

#23 Sir Locutus

Sir Locutus

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Bomb deployment IV
Missile bombardment IV
Missile launcher op V
Missile projection IV
Rapid launch V
Target Nav Prediction IV
Torpedoes IV
Warhead Upgrades IV
Covert ops IV ( Minmatar , Gallente )
Cloaking IV

do you think i should skill something from this list ( or something else ) before class

Covops 5 will give you the best return for your training time. You get bonuses to torps and bombs; you also get the probing bonuses for the covops ships. As to whether you NEED it then no you don't, but its one of the best L5 shipskills to have in terms of what you get.

That was my first choice too , 13d till cov ops L5
thanks for advice
BASIC-20111006
WOLFPACKS-20111021
COVOPS-SB-20111119
ADVANCED-20111216
FLYBYS-20120324

Posted Image

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind – killer.
Fear is the little – death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#24 Prudance

Prudance

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:09 AM

I too would love to know this, oh the suspense...

#25 Othran

Othran

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

I too would love to know this, oh the suspense...

I assume it will be the same as other classes - the week before, so somewhere around 12 November.
Today's word is :