Photo

Current EVE Glitches

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 Silas

Silas

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

There's a diff between clearing the cache and all settings. Settings contain the bookmark folders, window setups etc.

???

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#27 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Well, there's a folder called "cache", and a folder called "settings". If you clear the cache, the settings stay untouched. If you delete both folders, you don't just clear the cache, but delete your settings as well - and those settings include the data for your BM folders, your window setup, your channels to join upon logging in etc.

#28 Silas

Silas

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

And how is clearing said cache folder different from clicking the button in the esc menu in game?

Posted Image

#29 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

I never claimed there's a difference ;) One could say it's potentially faster than starting EVE, restarting it etc, but other than that, the "EVE provided" method seems to delete all files from the cache sub folders. I was rather responding to your "will manually clearing kill my settings" - nope, it won't.

#30 Granger

Granger

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

I read that rolling back the UI update will help, but haven't tried that yet.

Yeah - I realised tonight that the only difference between my gaming PC and my "normal" PC is that I hadn't applied the client update #3 to the gaming one. As soon as I applied it, the stick key and weird manual flying bugs appeared, so I have just uninstalled it. About to test...
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#31 Silas

Silas

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

There's a patch coming tomorrow that looks like it might fix a lot of these issues... hopefully

http://www.eveonline...?patchlogID=228

Posted Image

#32 Yamir Ke'Shark

Yamir Ke'Shark

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

Warped to a gate, and landed at a Customs Office. Tried to lock a target with Ctrl held down, and it locked the one above it. The sticky keys screw up royally when flicking between clients Text that the sticky key has been enabled doesn't always show Dragging a system name into a chat opens the system context window when you drop it Using both left and right mouse to zoom in/out opens the in space context window when you release the right mouse button Unable to select bookmarks on the map (F10) Unable to get the name of the bookmarks on the map (F10)
--
Posted Image

#33 Othran

Othran

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

On two characters the scanner window is closed by default every time they dock/log, meaning that the first thing you have to do is reopen it. Another character on the same account doesn't have the problem - same settings, usual stuff done (cache/rename settings folder etc). Bloody annoying to say the least. The overview appears to freeze on the client with window focus when running two clients. Selecting another tab/closing overview gets it working again for a while. Seems to be more reliable with one client running - I've seen it only once. The tactical overlay is attempting to show the vertical indicator for celestials off-grid - this seems to get worse the longer I play but that's probably subjective. Excellence eh? :rolleyes:
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#34 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

Seems like most if not all of the issues were fixed, although now my clients crash when I dual-box. Yay progress :)
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#35 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Reassigning my look at hotkey solved one of the glitches for me. I haven't had many problems lately except sometimes it doesn't like to accept ctrl click to target on the overview... I found out today that one of my losses due to the glitchy overview has been reimbursed. So at least they're not denying the issue and have taken some attempts to offset losses from it. It's been a lot better since the last patch.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Seems like almost everything I had is fixed, but I still get crashes from using the auto pilot (yes, I use that in high sec). Oh, also quite funny: my repair.exe crashes, and refers to a log for details, but that log isn't there.

#37 Sebastian_GZ

Sebastian_GZ

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

Yeah I have locked the gate a few times I have also had modules go into overheat despite only clicking on them once Almost got me killed when I cooked my entire ecm rack for no reason. I havent experienced the overview grey bug this time but I have in the past. Alt Z seems to make it go away. I have seen hostiles not appear and sorting be completely off.
BASIC-20110521

#38 Silas

Silas

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

The autopilot thing was allegedly fixed in today's patch

Posted Image

#39 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hmmmm .... seems CCP are on the ball and providing me with the fixes of problems I state here in short order. Hmmmmmm .... I wonder ....

Posted Image

How about 15B Isk in my wallet, an Aeon in my hanger and the ability to train multiple characters on each account at the same time? CCP? How about that huh? Well?

/me goes to test the patch while F5ing

#40 Challenger70

Challenger70

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

-Ctrl+Space sends my ship off at full speed. Occasionally. Other times it works fine. (Ship stopping) even appears regardless of what my ship chooses to do. -Dragging scroll bars will often drag a window (and subsequently merge it if it were a seperate window) from random places on the screen. -Not sure if this is resultant of the patch, but holding CTRL and spam clicking the bottom of your overview (where new things should appear) doesn't approach as consistently as I recall. Sometimes I'll get a "object left" if it cloaks, sometimes it'll think it hadn't appeared yet. I get better (more reliable) results holding A (approach/align) and clicking slower. Result of patch? Don't know.

#41 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, I sometimes get the not being able to control-space as well, and sometimes weird sticky key issues.

#42 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

-Ctrl+Space sends my ship off at full speed. Occasionally. Other times it works fine. (Ship stopping) even appears regardless of what my ship chooses to do.

I ran into this recently, as did an alliance mate. It was more than just ctrl-space: I couldn't stop my ship no matter how hard I tried. Using the "stop ship" triangle in the HUD didn't work either. I could slow down to a crawl, but never stop.

In all cases, I would get the comforting "ship stopping" pop up message, but it was a lie. The ship didn't respond to any stop command.

#43 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Ditto, hit me last night. Eventually I managed to stop by clicking in the speed bar to set a speed, then on the left hand triangle dooberie to stop ship. Lucky for me it was right outside our home station. only thing that seemed to fix it was relogging.

Oh, also, although that might stop you, it takes a long ass time.

pEGjqYG.jpg

#44 Sarek Minyatar

Sarek Minyatar

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

ran into this as well, even though it was "fixed" according to the patch notes (first client fix after 1.6 I think). Seems to occur more rarely though since that, no idea what triggers it, seemed random to me. Which reminds me: Set a LONG skillqueue on all toons, Incarna could be messy :D