Photo

Current EVE Glitches

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Granger

Granger

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

So, the recent patch has been a bit FUBAR to say the least. Seems to have introduced more bugs than it solved. I just want to share one that got me killed tonight, and see if anyone else has any other nasty ones that they have found. So - it seems EVE sometimes sets the ALT and/or CTRL keys "sticky" in place - so one or the other (or both) randomly seem to activate. This really stuffed my chances in a fight tonight due to doing silly things like looking at and locking up the gate initially instead of re-approaching and orbitting. The first 5 seconds count for a lot in a frig hull duel - and TBH those bugs cost me a loss. What other bugs have people found? And BTW - this isn't a "bitching" thread - it's a request for people to share experience so we can all be better prepared, but also a reminder to SUBMIT THOSE BUG REPORTS!!!
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#2 Silas

Silas

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

Yes, the sticky key thing is damn annoying... but it's not gotten me in trouble yet. It has cost me some kills, though. I think as long as you're aware of the issue you should be fine... probably. Another problem I keep having is brackets resetting to "no brackets" on every single session change. I have to alt-z after going through gates to get my brackets showing again. Also more annoying than dangerous, as the overview still shows hostiles on grid.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#3 kalamaner

kalamaner

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

mine seems to stay on if i hold key down to long, if i just tap it then it seems ok, but thats annoying

#4 Carver

Carver

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

Brackets seem to turn on and off with targeting locks, and worse, I can't stop locking gates : P
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#5 Fenwulff

Fenwulff
  • PipPip

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

I'm also experiencing what you've described, additionally I'm currently having difficulty just clicking on things while in space as the mouse will skip up to 4inchs away when I click on it. Then there's the times my game completely freezes when using the side bar UI. Fortunately I've not yet lost any ships due to these Issues, although was close last night. I read in an Eve-O thread that clearing cache would help. I've cleared cache, did nothing for me, still having issues.

Dealing out the Agony within
Charging hard and no one's gonna give in
Living on your knees, conformity
Or dying on your feet for honesty
Inbred, our bodies work as one
Bloody, but never cry submission
Following our instinct not a trend
Go against the grain until the end

#6 Leeonwung

Leeonwung
  • PipPip

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

It's a pain isnt it. I was experimenting with the hold control to lock targets and it seems as though the hold key delay hasnt been set long enough by CCP is one part of the glitch, the time difference between pressing control and left clicking to lock a target and holding control to make the left click to lock sticky is very minimal so much so i couldnt really time the difference acurately but its only about a second or 2 different. The other being after holding control to sticky up "Lock Targets" it then wouldnt turn off until i restarted the Eve client.

#7 vRava

vRava

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

I read that rolling back the UI update will help, but haven't tried that yet.
BASIC-20091003 | WOLFPACKS-200910242300
My father used to say that not playing to win is like sleeping with your sister. Sure she's a great piece of tail, with a blouse full of goodies, but... it's just illegal. Then you get into that whole inbred thing. Kids with no teeth who do nothing but play the banjo... eat apple sauce through a straw... pork farm animals.

#8 Sarek Minyatar

Sarek Minyatar

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

found an eve-o forums thread with a dev stating that at least the sticky-CTRL-key (hopefully ALT as well) thing is a known issue and will get fixed. No word when that will be though.

#9 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

It's not just CTRL, but AFAIK all those hotkeys (for me), e.g. orbititing can get stuck as well.

#10 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:00 AM

I've double clicked in space and had my ship go a completely different direction.
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#11 keacte

keacte

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

Yes - this is a pain in the ass - i too also lost my session timer clock - I even checked and unchecked in escape menu and relogged but to no avail - and then lo and behold, it came back without doing anything!!!

#12 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

the most evil thing about the session change clock is that they MOVED it! i almost got myself killed because of that :( also it was bugged a few times, saw it count down from 3 2 1 ... vanish, tried to redock "meeep, wait 10seconds" wtf :|

#13 Ronat

Ronat

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

I can't tell you how many times I locked up a gate yesterday in my scimi and taranis. Luckily, I didn't aggress any gates yet, but I know it's going to happen soon.
Posted Image

#14 Sarek Minyatar

Sarek Minyatar

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

I've double clicked in space and had my ship go a completely different direction.

highly annoying bug that got "fixed" in one of the client patches but is definitely still around. Makes de-cloaking a bitch.

#15 Inskipp

Inskipp

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

I have run into most of these issues on Friday while camping some bubbles. drove me up the wall. fortunately didn't get me killed... However it did make me decide to sit out of eve (or at least anything more expensive then a t1 frigate) until CCP fixes it.
Less QQ and more pew pew

BASIC-20091121

#16 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

I wasn't playing much since patch mainly because I was experiencing most of these bugs. Its really annoying and they better fix them soon or its going to kill eve.
First: Victory is Life!

#17 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

I have a whole list of issues, including: - sticky keys (as described) - bracket settings resetting with each session change - overview containing dead / disappeared stuff but then greyed out (when a cyno goes down, it stays on overview, same for dead ship, or ship that warped off) - overview sorting getting messed up each time, so I have to resort overview every time I warp. - on one occasion, my overview was missing (hostile) ships that were shown as brackets in space (after manually switching on brackets of course) I'm not playing until this gets fixed, because it's doing my head in.

Edited by DaDutchDude, 06 June 2011 - 02:13 PM.
added one problem

"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#18 Granger

Granger

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

The thing I found weird - when I was playing on my gaming rig in Aberdeen it was sweet as a nut - no issues whatsoever. Then I go home, and play on my "regular" PC, and there are loads of bugs. And it's not cache or settings folder related, as I always clear my cache before starting a play session, and copy settings folders between PC's - so they are (to all intents and purposes in terms of software) completely identical installs...
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#19 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

@Granger: There seem to be a lot of issues related to local files on the client that are tied to character and account that perhaps don't get wiped by a 'clear cahce' button in the client and get stored in different directories, because that is the only way I could explain the difference you just mentioned. I cannot image bugs like these caused by different hardware or even operating system, because they seem to be so high up in the 'business logic' layer instead of a graphics glitch on a low level.
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#20 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

In the spirit of idle inquiry Granger, is one an Nvidia card and the other an ATI?

pEGjqYG.jpg

#21 Crazy Kalibanov

Crazy Kalibanov

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

We've also noticed a couple of times when ships are missing from the overview and it is not related to a messed up grid (you can see the ship in space, but not on the overview). It also has not been a result of overview filters. After docking/undocking the ship became visible. This has only happened a couple of times so far.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS - 20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?199338]The FC's Eyes in PVP - 20101605[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?195531]ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?154869]COVOPS-20091010[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?116729]ADVANCED - 0404091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?113601]WOLFPACKS - 2802091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?110563]PVP-BASIC - 1402080200[/link]
Posted Image

#22 dzu

dzu

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

- overview containing dead / disappeared stuff but then greyed out (when a cyno goes down, it stays on overview, same for dead ship, or ship that warped off)
- overview sorting getting messed up each time, so I have to resort overview every time I warp.
- on one occasion, my overview was missing (hostile) ships that were shown as brackets in space (after manually switching on brackets of course)

These. These problems are not showing up on any alts - on the same computer - only on dzu. fk'ng annoying :blink:

#23 Granger

Granger

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

@ Dutch - I never use the clear cache button, I always do it manually @ Goodvibes - both are NVidia, and both have latest drivers

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#24 Silas

Silas

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Doesn't manually clearing your cache remove all bookmark folders etc.?

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#25 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

There's a diff between clearing the cache and all settings. Settings contain the bookmark folders, window setups etc.