Photo

CSM5 - Getting the ball rolling

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tea

Tea

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Dates have been announced for the CSM5 nominations, elections and summits. To answer the question, yes I plan to run again. As this is a 10 month term and all the previous delegates are eligible again (no more term limits) I'll need all your support :)

*Clicky* for details.

#2 Kasandra Mae

Kasandra Mae

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

Since the election seasons seems to have officially started let me throw a question in for you: Miyamoto Isoruku just recently wrote an an Open Letter to CCP Regarding Tyrannis which I pretty much completely agree with. What's your position regarding the issues he addressed in the letter?

Please excuse me if this is the wrong forum for this kind of questions. If you point me in another direction I'm happy to repost somewhere else. Also I don't expect more than two or three sentences actually.

#3 Zargyl

Zargyl
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

Yeah Tea plz go for it! :)

Since the election seasons seems to have officially started let me throw a question in for you: Miyamoto Isoruku just recently wrote an an Open Letter to CCP Regarding Tyrannis which I pretty much completely agree with. What's your position regarding the issues he addressed in the letter?

Please excuse me if this is the wrong forum for this kind of questions. If you point me in another direction I'm happy to repost somewhere else. Also I don't expect more than two or three sentences actually.

I too read Miyamoto's letter. I'd say that CCP read that letter before Miya even wrote it, as there does seem to be a dedicated effort (especially for Tyrannis) to address Dominion lag (it is even mentioned in Torfi's first dev-blog announcing Tyrannis not to mention all the scheduled testing events on Sisi to correct the lag issues of Dominion).

Regarding the other two part of Miya's letter: With the UI we have seen a greater focus on that one already (thankx to Dominion) and I do see the EVE Gate part to be quite some help in that same direction (that is simpilying player interaction via mail, as well as looking into the contact/standing system).

I for one would not vote (like Miya seems to do) to get all the CCP devs to work on bug/UI issues as I am not unhappy that other devs (especially artists and web developers) get to do something nice for us as well (PI graphics, new ship graphics, that web page and so on).

Btw plz also do take a look at Kirith's blog post about planetary interaction.

/me is looking forward to see Tyrannis.
[link=http://zargyl.evepress.com/]Posted Image[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?133286]BASIC - 1107091800[/link], [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?172553]WOLFPACKS-20100119[/link]
Participated in [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?162904]FC BASIC-20091114[/link] - thankx for that one Spin and Tea!

#4 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

If I may make an analagy to WoW => new content is like raising the level cap. It opens up new things to players who no longer have to compete in the same old activities that older players have more experience and a better foundation to perform. It allows for things to "shake-up" rather than settle down. We could debate about the benefits of the changes - maybe every 6 months is too often - but on the other hand you're paying $90 every 6 months for a game. Isn't it nice to have something new to show for it?
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Tea

Tea

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

We discussed Dominion and the lack of expectation management with CCP for a couple of hours. This covered fleet lag, mothership changes, treaties and other things. CCP did take our comments on board. As far as dedicating an entire expansion to bugfixes, CCP tried that with Quantum Rise (IIRC) and it wasn't a great success. For commercial viability there needs to be a balance between bugfixes/iterations of existing stuff along with some new features to sell Eve to new players. We want to tip the balance towards existing players, CCP want to keep current players happy whilst also growing the subscriber base. There is common ground here :) Ultimately the CSM represent the existing playerbase and CCP giving us some control over priority (by becoming a stakeholder in the Eve project) will help focus necessary changes, but this all takes time so don't expect them all at once ;)

#6 Kasandra Mae

Kasandra Mae

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

I do understand that CCP agreed to make the CSM a stakeholder in the game but that still means you need to prioritize what changes you want to push. I personally could live without any new content until CCP fixes the existing one. And I am not talking about the lag in fleet fights where they seem to be on the ball, I am talking about tons of content that is plain broken/useless for years now. Some examples (mostly from Miyamoto's letter): Faction Warfare, the overview, certain ships/weapon systems, low sec, bounties, hidden aggro timers, ...

#7 Tea

Tea

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

I do understand that CCP agreed to make the CSM a stakeholder in the game but that still means you need to prioritize what changes you want to push.

I personally could live without any new content until CCP fixes the existing one. And I am not talking about the lag in fleet fights where they seem to be on the ball, I am talking about tons of content that is plain broken/useless for years now. Some examples (mostly from Miyamoto's letter): Faction Warfare, the overview, certain ships/weapon systems, low sec, bounties, hidden aggro timers, ...

We are currently doing a priority list which will be presented to CCP next week.

I agree with you on the fixes, but CCP themselves (as I was saying above) are unwilling to do a whole bugfix only expansion again.

As far as FW etc, we argued the those cases for a number of hours. I even attempted to point out that for many people 0.0 is not the Eve endgame and that many people prefer lowsec for various reasons, so buffing that would be good.

#8 Arkole Blake

Arkole Blake

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

1) My Rapier still doesn't have a web strength bonus

2) Your participation in Agony related events has dropped off steeply since your election to CSM

Given these two facts, I simply cannot support your bid for re-election.

-Ark

Fake edit - Of course all of the above is complete bullS**T and I will be casting my votes for Teadaze when the time comes
Posted Image

#9 Tea

Tea

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

2) Your participation in Agony related events has dropped off steeply since your election to CSM

I thought that was one of the reasons the corp supported me last time :P