Photo

Remembrance Day (Veteren's Day in the US)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:00 PM

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow Between the crosses row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below. We are the Dead. Short days ago We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, Loved and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders fields. Take up our quarrel with the foe: To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high. If ye break faith with us who die We shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders fields. -Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#2 Granger

Granger

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

Lest we forget...

I still think of my Great Uncle much more at this time of year because of remembrance. RIP
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#3 Laurentius

Laurentius

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

And for those of you that couldn't care less about it....

This is why

#4 Spinward

Spinward

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Great rememberance day turnout and weather here :). Since Prince Charles is in town we had a little more F-18 support for the ceremony than usual ;)
Posted Image

#5 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

Bump .... And special thanks to the many Agony members who have served / are serving.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#6 Commander Bonzo

Commander Bonzo

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

-Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD

Me and my uncle spent a couple of holidays now in France and Belgium visiting all the war-time battle sites and memorials, including the grave of one of my great-uncles who served and died in the Great War. I remember distinctly visiting the site where that poem was written, and just tried imagining what it was like. My imagination terrified me, and I'm sure it was 10 times worse than that. I thank those who fought so that I might enjoy my freedom today. It is easy to take it for granted when faced with modern concerns.

#7 Fooavenger

Fooavenger

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

Indeed we must give thanks to all those brave men and woment who have fought and are fighting for our liberty.
Posted Image
Fooavenger- locked and loaded