Photo

New player wishing to join Agony?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Chiyeung

Chiyeung
  • Pip

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Hi I am a new player who just finished his 15 day trial. I really wish to learn PVP and I have enough money to support myself. I was unable to sign up for the October basic test, is it still possible for me to join Agony without taking the course first? I am diligent, hardworking and I take criticism well. I want to learn as much as I can. Thank You! Best, Chiyeung

#2 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

With your experience, taking the classes will really be the way in for you.

#3 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

Chiyeung, As a new player you'll need to take our basic and wolfpacks classes to be considered. Agony is a tough place for very new players and the adjustment can be harsh. Just the fact that you'll be limited to frigate sized ships for probably the first 6+ months can be extremely limiting. After you've taken basic and wolfpacks feel free to PM me and we can talk about where you're at and if Agony is a good fit for you.

#4 Azual

Azual

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:07 PM

Remember that Agony isn't a training corp (i.e. you don't join Agony to learn to PvP).

If you want to learn to PvP, sign up for our classes; we will be running another BASIC class every few weeks.

Actually joining Agony, if it's something that interests you, is really a move that you might look at a few months further down the road at a minimum, and it's a decision that is really difficult to make without at least flying with us a few times and knowing how we do things.

For that reason, even if it wasn't a requirement already (which it is) I'd strongly recommend that any potential applicant attent at least one of our classes, if not a whole bunch. Not so that I'm sure they know their stuff, but so that I'm sure that their decision to join us is an informed one.
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#5 Chiyeung

Chiyeung
  • Pip

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

Thank You. So I guess Ill attend the classes, and for now just focus on my skills and perhaps join Eve University.

#6 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

Thank You. So I guess Ill attend the classes, and for now just focus on my skills and perhaps join Eve University.

Eve University will teach you many things, including a bit of PvP. We've had a few people come to Agony after a stint at Eve-U. It will also help you focus wht you really like, by giving you a broad view of Eve.
Posted Image

#7 Aether

Aether

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

Another option if you would like to get involved in PVP is checking out Red vs Blue, which are two empire corporations that are under permanent mutual friendly war with each other. There is nothing set up in terms of official training, save a few guides and setups posted on forums, but there is a lot of fighting and gangs happening every day so new players can pick up things on the go. Only problem is that attrition rates are high because it is common for people to lose up to a dozen ships a day, so having some good financial backing is recommended before applying. Otherwise there are no other requirements whatsoever to join. RVB is only good if you're looking specifically for pvp and pvp only. EVE Uni will provide you with a much broader introduction for the game of course.
Basic-2911082100 | Wolfpacks-2802091800 | Advanced -0404091800

it was only yesterday's sacrifices that made today's disappointments possible
"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#8 Chiyeung

Chiyeung
  • Pip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:02 AM

I joined Noir Academy. But im still looking forward to the lessons

#9 Spinward

Spinward

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:15 AM

We'll be glad to have you along.
Posted Image

#10 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:21 AM

any and all are welcome.... classes for everyone!
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#11 Aether

Aether

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:01 AM

Noir's got an academy now? Interesting, seems like a bunch of pvp groups are opening training corps - i noticed veto now has something called a veto academy (requirements for joining are still pretty steep), and there was another empire merc corp that also opened a training division for newbies. All in all though, 0.0 pvp is more fun than highsec or lowsec pvp - there are more game mechanics to experience in 0.0 and pvp is also more risky with bubbles and without sentry guns. In empire in a small or cloaky ship it feels almost like you're invincible.

"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#12 Jebei

Jebei

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:17 AM

So you are coming back?
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?102444]BASIC - 2012080200[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?157432.0]WOLFPACKS-200910242300[/link]

#13 Aether

Aether

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:32 AM

So you are coming back?

I am not very active in EVE right now. In 3 weeks with RVB my alt is only on about 90 kills, which for RVB is pretty low considering that it is relatively easy to get on 20-40 kills a day.

#14 Discipline

Discipline

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:39 AM

So you are coming back?

I am not very active in EVE right now. In 3 weeks with RVB my alt is only on about 90 kills, which for RVB is pretty low considering that it is relatively easy to get on 20-40 kills a day.

Somehow you dont sound exciting :) See your app soon aether! I know youve missed me
Posted Image

#15 Aether

Aether

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

Somehow you dont sound exciting :) See your app soon aether! I know youve missed me

<3 :shy:
but i think i need some months break from EVE

#16 Tzimon

Tzimon

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

<3 :shy:
but i think i need some months break from EVE

When you come back please bring back the sound effects. I still cant step into a catalyst w/o thinking about it.

#17 Aether

Aether

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:06 AM

When you come back please bring back the sound effects. I still cant step into a catalyst w/o thinking about it.

I am sorry, Tzimon, but I have been informed that opening my laptop to find out wtf is wrong with it is apparently against my agreement with apple ... hence i cannot re-create the effect, so i hope you can use this as a substitute in the mean time ;) :P