Photo

A proposal for changing the EWAR system

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Laurentius

Laurentius

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

After some discussions on the subject with fellow corpmembers, I've decided to give game design a shot, so I have posted this thread on EVE-O. Feel free to contribute, troll, flame or whatever. :P

TLDR version:

1) Introduce modules that affects missiles (a gallente module) and drones (a caldari module)
2) Let propulsion jamming be a Minmatar speciality
3) Introduce scripts for all modules.

#2 Tea

Tea

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

Made a suggestion about webs, the rest is interesting and I'll have a think about it.

#3 Laurentius

Laurentius

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

how do you propose to add a strenght scripts to warp scramblers/disruptors? I went for cap use to facilitate some small ship fittings and think we can leaave optiomalø range bonus to ship bonuses.

#4 Laurentius

Laurentius

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

double post

#5 Pesets

Pesets

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:03 AM

Frankly, missile-based weapons are already crappy enough, introducing ewar against them without boosting them is pointless imo. Cba to flame about it on the OF though :)

#6 Laurentius

Laurentius

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

Well as stated on EVE-O, this proposal would raise a number of balancing issues. Maybe the current low damage profile on missiles is precisely because there are no effective ewar against it. So a missile guidance disruptor module should perhaps be accompanied by a buff to missile damage. I have simply proposed a EWAR system that will broaden the scope of tactics and allow for more interesting gameplay. I have not attempted to adress the obvious balancing issues.