Photo

http://www.battledb.com/forums

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

Heya, I know if you read EO General and CAOD you know that a new forum that's lightly moderated went live earlier this week. http://www.battledb.com/forums/ It is ran by some PL guys, but they have made numerous people in the EO community moderators to make things appear to be evenly managed. Anyhow, thought I would mention it since I am forum whore, which all Agony peeps can attest to... ;) Ykatni/Serj Darek edit: I am also one of the moderators, but I don't do much since not much is moderated.
Posted Image

#2 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

Why exactly would I want less moderation? Eve-O is already overun by freaking idiots because the mods don't crack down on people. The reason SHC's GBBS is far better than CAOD is precisely because of the moderation. Maybe it's just me but I don't like having to weed through 20 crap posts to find the one that actually has content.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#3 Arkole Blake

Arkole Blake

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

Why exactly would I want less moderation?

Eve-O is already overun by freaking idiots because the mods don't crack down on people.

The reason SHC's GBBS is far better than CAOD is precisely because of the moderation. Maybe it's just me but I don't like having to weed through 20,000 crap posts to find the one that actually has content.

Fixed it 4 U :P

and

/signed

-Ark
Posted Image

#4 Aether

Aether

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

so what's wrong with scrapheap? i thought that is that very lightly moderated place people go to post things that they cannot post on CAOD as to moderation ... some people visit these kinds of forums for entertainment purposes i.e. for fun, not to extract information, so for them light moderation is a welcome thing
Basic-2911082100 | Wolfpacks-2802091800 | Advanced -0404091800

it was only yesterday's sacrifices that made today's disappointments possible
"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#5 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

so what's wrong with scrapheap? i thought that is that very lightly moderated place people go to post things that they cannot post on CAOD

as to moderation ... some people visit these kinds of forums for entertainment purposes i.e. for fun, not to extract information, so for them light moderation is a welcome thing

SHC is lightly moderated in the general forums, but the CAOD equivalent GBBS(now wars and politics) is heavily moderated. Basically it's for talking about what actually happens instead of general smack and pointless posts. It's a good combination because people can mess around in the general forums, but then the CAOD forum is actually useful and interesting.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#6 Meldgaard

Meldgaard

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:41 AM

What is this now forum doing that caod, shc's gbbs and kugutsumen not all ready is doing? caod has the spam. shc/gbbs has battle reports and almost no spam (compared to caod). kugutsumen has all the pl/goon spy propaganda
Posted Image

Deran Francks > And we really don't operate with reds/blues etc. To be honest, feel free to set us red - it means more fights for us.

#7 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:25 AM

Why exactly would I want less moderation?

Eve-O is already overun by freaking idiots because the mods don't crack down on people.

The reason SHC's GBBS is far better than CAOD is precisely because of the moderation. Maybe it's just me but I don't like having to weed through 20 crap posts to find the one that actually has content.

Well, the reason EO is a cesspool is because goons just want the lulz on getting forum bans since it's a useless forum. That's why they threadnaught everything constantly. Scrapheap is so heavily moderated that you make a normal post and the mods get lazy and delete seven pages of threads on a region. The guys from PL were some of the first backers of SHC and themselves have grown tired of the moderation level on SHC. If you make any comment not specifically a battle report of some sort, they will delete your post, warn you and ban you if they feel so inclined.

Since battledb is moderated by numerous people from all corps/alliances in eve there isn't the normal need for epeen waving and smack. It does happen, but it happens in more of a community feel, which caod and eo was like pre-goons. The bets way I can describe it is organized chaos w/ a touch of humor. :)

No biggie, just thought I would mention it.
Posted Image

#8 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:30 AM

What is this now forum doing that caod, shc's gbbs and kugutsumen not all ready is doing?

caod has the spam.
shc/gbbs has battle reports and almost no spam (compared to caod).
kugutsumen has all the pl/goon spy propaganda

Moderation from all walks of Eve and not one Alliance. The admin team is PL, the moderation team is PL, BoB, Goons and a handful of others. The reports can include video and the forum is more modern than most sites.

CAOD - If you are bored and want to stir the trolls
SHC - If you are bored and want to get highlights
Kugu - If you like stirring the trolls and hanging out with them
battledb - the site that all of the forum whores from the above go to shoot the shit.

More importantly, it's the only eve forum that I am a moderator. :)
Posted Image

#9 Meldgaard

Meldgaard

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

What is this now forum doing that caod, shc's gbbs and kugutsumen not all ready is doing?

caod has the spam.
shc/gbbs has battle reports and almost no spam (compared to caod).
kugutsumen has all the pl/goon spy propaganda

Moderation from all walks of Eve and not one Alliance. The admin team is PL, the moderation team is PL, BoB, Goons and a handful of others. The reports can include video and the forum is more modern than most sites.

CAOD - If you are bored and want to stir the trolls
SHC - If you are bored and want to get highlights
Kugu - If you like stirring the trolls and hanging out with them
battledb - the site that all of the forum whores from the above go to shoot the shit.

After reading bdb and shc's coverage of the 49- withdrawal yesteday i must say that the amount of spam on bdb is much lower then on shc, so i actual think you are right in that bdb is the best place to keep up with the 0.0 power blocks right now.

But i still dont belief the the "we dont moderate" policy is a good thing when the trolls start notes bdb.

More importantly, it's the only eve forum that I am a moderator. :)

Thats hard argue against ;)
Posted Image

Deran Francks > And we really don't operate with reds/blues etc. To be honest, feel free to set us red - it means more fights for us.

#10 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

You must also see for the most part, everyone gets along with an occasional show of ass, but it's funny when it's the exception instead of the rule.
Posted Image