Photo

Introducing myself.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Firvulag

Firvulag
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

hey. I'm really exited to be on this forum and learning about Agony. i intend to join the next BASIC class and even be so bold as to apply to join the corp :o just a little about me and EVE i guess.. names Alex i'm from Norway. (anyone else?) I started playing a year or so back for a couple of months. i started training mining skills and did alot of that. it got old after five minutes and when i had played the game for months and had been just mining it was STILL kinda old:P and then i quit for a while cus i moved. but now i'm back and focusing squarely on combat and eager to learn!:D so i hope to be flying with you guys some day! (next class maybe?) oh and i was wondering. it seems Agony loves frigates alot? no harm in that of course but would there be room for someone who likes the bigger ships? i like to pick ships based on looks (it adds a bit of challange but i think its fun) and i'm leaning towards Amarr ships:P
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com//e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?122207]BASIC - 1104091800[/link]

#2 Tea

Tea

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

oh and i was wondering. it seems Agony loves frigates alot?
no harm in that of course but would there be room for someone who likes the bigger ships?
i like to pick ships based on looks (it adds a bit of challange but i think its fun)
and i'm leaning towards Amarr ships:P

It is a common misconception that agony only fly frigates.

Rest assured we fly all types of ships depending on gangs but for training purposes there is nothing wrong with some nice fast frigs :)

Besides, killing tech 2 ships with tech 1 is a giggle too ;)

#3 Firvulag

Firvulag
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

like fighting with you're hand slightly tied behind your back? :P i have this dream of flying an Abaddon (and fly it well) because it just looks awesome...sigh.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com//e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?122207]BASIC - 1104091800[/link]

#4 Tank Charlie

Tank Charlie

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

i like to pick ships based on looks (it adds a bit of challange but i think its fun)
and i'm leaning towards Amarr ships:P

At least you picked the right ships based on looks! :)

Look forward to flying with you in basic.

#5 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

like fighting with you're hand slightly tied behind your back? :P

Once you take basic class you will realize that bigger is not always better, esp. in the hands of an inexperienced pilot. In Eve many people are under the assumption that no matter their skill, a bigger ship must be better....simply not true.

#6 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:30 AM

Welcome. If my memory serves me correctly, Laurentius is Norwegian.
Posted Image

#7 Dranearian

Dranearian

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:53 AM

cough.

Posted Image

leet photoshop skills from like 2 years ago from when we stomped nxt level :P
Jack Cannon > good luck with that... think you'll have to fight agony in their frig blobs for it
WarGod > smart bombs man!!
Jack Cannon > we've tried that
Jack Cannon > they have a low effectiveness rating

#8 Sanfrey

Sanfrey

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:00 AM

leet photoshop skills from like 2 years ago from when I last got in a fight

Fixed!!

Wow my classes were so long ago the link stopped working. Look I took a bunch of them ok? It was a long time ago. Just trust me on it.
Radioactive cats have 18 half lives. (Unless in a box, in which case they have half a chance of having no half lives.) 

#9 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

Fixed!!

The NC and GKC have begun the forum wars! !lol
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#10 Mystic

Mystic

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

Fixed!!

lol
I'm a simple man. I like pretty dark haired women and breakfast food.

#11 Firvulag

Firvulag
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

that is an awesome burn :P

#12 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

I love the name and love the books you (may) have got it from. o7
Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#13 Laurentius

Laurentius

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Welcome.

If my memory serves me correctly, Laurentius is Norwegian.

Aye.

When I started out in 2007 I was into a battlecruiser within 3 weeks and moving towards battleship. Now I mainly fly frigate sized hulls because of the sheer fun factor.

Btw Sanfrey, whats the word in Iron after we smashed your l33t 50 ship gatecamp with a destroyerfleet on Saturday? !lol

#14 Firvulag

Firvulag
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

I love the name and love the books you (may) have got it from.

o7

The Many Coloured Land?
i have only read the first in the series many a darn years ago, was thinking of continuing it at som point :)