How To Enroll
Processing enrollement takes a decent amount of time that instructiors would rather be spending doing something else such as actually playing the game. When students try to be individualistic, creative or are just lazy, it makes more work for the instructors and they tend to get cranky. For this reason IMPROPER ENROLLMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!! In order to enroll properly, please click on the following link and read the article carefully before adding your pilot to the enrollment thread
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ENROLL IN A PVP UNIVERSITY CLASS
In order to learn how to fight back, the student of PvP needs to realize that Eve Online combat is incredibly rich and diverse. It requires not only character skill points but also a good amount of player skills. The difference between a lost encounter and a won encounter is more often the plaer skills than the character skills. Even a three year old player can not use all 30 million of his skillpoints when in an interceptor; against a pilot that is similarly skilled in interceptor flight but only 6 months old, the result of the engagement will come down to skill augmented by a little luck.
The skills taught in PVP-BASIC are fundamental to Eve combat and make a starting platform for the study of tactics, strategy and dynamics of Eve PvP. These skills are applicable to all kinds of Eve combat and thus form a baseline that has to be known whether you are flying in alliance fleets or considering a career in piracy. These skills are augmented and expanded upon in later PvP University courses which is the reason this class is a requirement for those courses.
This course covers how to move in fleets, Make instas, create and use safe spots, reconnaissance and much more. You will learn the basics of how to tackle, coordinate your attacks, jam your opponents and basic pvp fitting. In addition, you will learn how to set up your overview to make sure that you can fight effectively without stupid mistakes made be pilots new to PvP. Finally, You will learn how to prioritize your skill training to make you more capable in PvP. At the end of the course you will be able to effectively fight as a member of a tech 1 frigate fleet wolfpack, some of the most fun pvp in the game. During the course we will be flying in a PvP capacity in lowsec space as well as potentially 0.0 space in one of two pirate infested regions.
- Course Code: BASIC-1712060200
- Required Skills:
- Propulsion Jamming 1+
- Afterburner 1+
- Caldari, Amarr, Gallente or Minmatar Frigate 1+
- Sensor Linking 1+
- Warp Drive Operation 3+
- Target Painting 1+
- Weapon Disruption 1+
- Electronic Warfare 1+
- Propulsion Jamming 1+
- Required Preparation:
- Read all course materials in PVP-BASIC category
- Buy and fit at least 2 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
- Read the article: Your Clone and Your Pod
- Read the article: Removing the CSPA charges
- Read the article: Instajump Bookmarks in Theory and Practice
- Obtain the bookmarks for your class. To do this, come to the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY Eve channel or on ventrilo and ask to be given the bookmarks; the bookmarks will be delivered at the class meeting location only. Import the bookmarks, then copy them back into the can and give them back to the AGONY member that gave them to you.
- Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-BASIC forum and topic
- Cost and Duration: 5m isk Per pilot, Each pilot may bring along one buddy for an additional 2.5 million isk.
- Duration: Estimated 3 hours instruction + indeterminate wolfpack time (Budget for 5 hours and you will be fine)
- Meeting Location: Radima VIII - Moon I - Ammatar Fleet Testing Facilities (Be there with your Equipment)
- Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
- Instructor: Alvar Ursidae
- Course Cashier: Alvar Ursidae
- Minimum Enrollment: 10
- Maximum Enrollment: 30
This information is usually updated nightly at approx 2100 Eve time when the instructor logs in to check fee transfers. DONT CONVO PvP University instructors. Post here if you have an issue please.
- Confirmed and Paid students:
- Sandeep - Sandeep (RAPT)
- Psorion - Psorion (M4N1AC)
- TrogWar - Targor Avelany (P0T) curp account
- Sheria - Sheria Delraneth (P0T) curp account
- Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
- Ariu - Ariu Devine (POT)
- Paid but not properly registered:
- Awaiting ISK:
- Kaiama - Kaiama (SWA)*