ECM Countermeasures--Blog Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mynxee

Mynxee
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

Hi folks,

So...do you love ECM or hate it? That question will start a discussion, for sure. And so I have done on my blog in its inaugural Discussion series post. Would appreciate any opinions, ideas, comments, etc. that contribute to the discussion there. If folks choose to post here instead, once sufficient useful posts get added to this thread, I'll link back to this post from a comment on my blog post.

Life in Low Sec: Discussion #!: ECM Countermeasures

Thanks,

Mynx

PVP Basic alumni and AU fan
My EVE Blog: [link=http://lifeinlowsec.blogspot.com]Life in Low Sec[/link]

#2 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

Andrius posted a link on the internal forums and I was just taking a look. I'm sure there are a few people here who might want to comment.
Posted Image

#3 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:01 AM

Would it be appropriate to comment considering that we're about 0.0 pvp and not low sec pvp or is the blog not exclusive to low sec?
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#4 Mynxee

Mynxee
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:40 AM

Sure it would...while there are differences between low sec and 0.0, I'm still interested in everyone's view on the matter. So have at it!
My EVE Blog: [link=http://lifeinlowsec.blogspot.com]Life in Low Sec[/link]

#5 Spinward

Spinward

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

It isn't really important if you love it or hate it. ECM is part of the game; you either exploit its strengths and weaknesses in your tactics or you ignore it and pay the price.
Posted Image

#6 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

Have posted on the blog - very interesting. When in Agony I was either in a CovOps or ECM boat and have pretty much continued that ever since. Simple fact of life is that ECM is in the game and so you have to a) use it and B) think of ways to counter it. If, in these Falcon heavy times, you are putting a gang together without thinking about how you are going to deal with ECM then you are going to get slapped down. There are a huge number of ways to counter it, you just need to pick the one that is good for your fleet.
Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen