Photo

Blu-Ray Drive Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrius

Andrius

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:26 PM

Since everyone here has helped me in the past, I'll chat with the experts again about some computer trouble. I received an LG GGC-H20L from the better half of me. It works splendidly enough until I put in an audio CD. Every CD it reads the first song as 1:18 seconds. Every other song it reads as 0:00 and just skips through. It reads the titles of each song when I import into Winamp, WMP 11, etc.

Opening explorer and the drive, I see that each song shows up as 44 bytes. Windows recognizes the drive HD DVD ROM (E:) and the drivers are updated via LG's website.

System:

Vista 32 Home Premium
eVGA nVidia 780i sli (sound on board, drivers up to date)

Sound works fine from DVDs, game installations, etc.

I am, how do you say, stumped.

In exchange, here is a gamer's delight treat I conjured up that any married, bachelor, college student, teenager EVE player can enjoy:

Natural/organic peanut butter (tastes better and is the key)
Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips

Take 1 Cup of Chocolate and melt in a coffee mug or glass in the microwave. It takes about 2 mins. Stir it around to ensure it is properly melted.
Next take 1 TBS (can add more or less to taste) of peanut butter and plop it in. Stir it around to mix it all up. Instant and simple treat. Enjoyed while on those long roaming gangs. Blows Reese's PB Cups out of the pod and back to Jita.

You can freeze it overnight, eat it then, put it in the fridge for later, whatever. Nom nom nom.
You'll succeed if you do the exact opposite of what I do.

PVP Basic 1111061800

Wolfpacks 1908071800

#2 Phobos

Phobos

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

I almost bought the same drive. I remember reading one of the reviews and they said something similar that windows only recognized one aspect of the drive and not all. Not sure about the prob though. Others said there was a lot of compatability issues.
Posted Image

#3 Andrius

Andrius

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

Yep, there are some compatibility issues. Maybe a fix in the future, but other than that, it burns Blu-Ray like mad. I just can't use iTunes to import my Neil Young :-(
You'll succeed if you do the exact opposite of what I do.

PVP Basic 1111061800

Wolfpacks 1908071800