[COMPLETED] PVP-BASIC (ACCELERATED) (18-AUG-2007) 19:00 Eve Time
Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:54 PM
Only students in "Awaiting ISK" may pay and enroll. The cutoff for those students is 48 hours before the course.
How To Enroll
Processing enrollment takes a decent amount of time that instructors would rather be spending doing something else such as actually playing the game. When students try to be individualistic, creative or are just lazy, it makes more work for the instructors and they tend to get cranky. For this reason IMPROPER ENROLLMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!! In order to enroll properly, please click on the following link and read the article carefully before adding your pilot to the enrollment thread.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ENROLL IN A PVP UNIVERSITY CLASS
In order to learn how to fight back, the student of PvP needs to realize that Eve Online combat is incredibly rich and diverse. It requires not only character skill points but also a good amount of player skills. The difference between a lost encounter and a won encounter is more often the plaer skills than the character skills. Even a three year old player can not use all 30 million of his skillpoints when in an interceptor; against a pilot that is similarly skilled in interceptor flight but only 6 months old, the result of the engagement will come down to skill augmented by a little luck.
The skills taught in PVP-BASIC are fundamental to Eve combat and make a starting platform for the study of tactics, strategy and dynamics of Eve PvP. These skills are applicable to all kinds of Eve combat and thus form a baseline that has to be known whether you are flying in alliance fleets or considering a career in piracy. These skills are augmented and expanded upon in later PvP University courses which is the reason this class is a requirement for those courses.
This course covers how to move in fleets, create and use safe spots, reconnaissance and much more. You will learn the basics of how to tackle, coordinate your attacks, jam your opponents and basic pvp fitting. In addition, you will learn how to set up your overview to make sure that you can fight effectively without stupid mistakes made be pilots new to PvP. Finally, You will learn how to prioritize your skill training to make you more capable in PvP. At the end of the course you will be able to effectively fight as a member of a tech 1 frigate fleet wolfpack, some of the most fun pvp in the game. During the course we will be flying in a PvP capacity in lowsec space as well as potentially 0.0 space in one of two pirate infested regions.
This will be an accelerated course. if you have not prepared yourself properly, you will get lost quickly. Prepare diligently in advance by reading the articles twice and being ready to fly. We will not wait for late students.
* Course Code: BASIC-1808071900
* Required Skills:
* Propulsion Jamming 1+
* Afterburner 1+
* Caldari, Amarr, Gallente or Minmatar Frigate 1+
* Sensor Linking 1+
* Warp Drive Operation 3+
* Target Painting 1+
* Weapon Disruption 1+
* Electronic Warfare 1+
* Required Preparation:
* Study the Agony Unleashed Rules of Engagement.
* Read all course materials in PVP-BASIC category
* Buy and fit at least 2 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
* Study throuroughly the article: An Introduction to Bookmarks in Eve
* Come on Ventrilo before the course to verify that your microphone and headset are working.
* Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-BASIC forum and topic
* Cost and Duration: 7m isk Per pilot
* Duration: Usually 6 to 8 hours
* Meeting Location: Nonni V - Lai Dai Corporation Factory
* Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
* Instructor: Rells
* Course Cashier: Make payment directly to Agony Unleashed corporation (ticker AGONY).
* Minimum Enrollment: 10
* Maximum Enrollment: 30
* Enrollment Deadline: 48 Hours before the start of the course.
Handy BASIC preparation checklist
* Confirmed and Paid students:
* Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
* Ecatherina W - Jenina Hawke (TCD)
* Baka Lakadaka - Sherpa Sherpa (BKL)
* Drix Danubus - Huntress X (NEST)
* Darken - Darken Kharn (AGONY)
* Dancing Ferret - Dancing Ferret (AGONY)
* Delbaeth - Delbaeth (AGONY)
* Patro Clese - Patro Clese (PG13)
* Wang - Zach Wang (SWA)*
* Vasilisasan -Vasilisasan (IVY)
* Beren Haderach - Beren Haderach (ARC-I)
* Osama Haderach - Osama Haderach (ARC-I)
* Zenix Necrul - Zenix Necrul (-TKO-)
* Da Feng - Da Feng (A)*
* Khaladan - Khaladan (MW)*
* Waroah - Waroah (XOTH)
* Gibb0 - Gibb0 (BTCL)
* D'Fenixus - D'Fenixus (EKT)
* Ssera - Ssera - (CP)*
* Lhassa - Lhasssa (PF3)
* Quincy - Quincy Tawharr (S)*
* Galapagan - Galapagan (DCMI)*
* Cynn Ayres - Cynn Ayres (ARDL)
* Ed Anger - Ed Anger (FNA)
* Dannii Monarkh - Dannii Monarkh (CEE)
* Fluke - F'luke Hfors (
* Dak Rungar - Dak Rungar (SPH)
* Power's Urge - Power's Urge (P)*
* General Tso - Ludi Cross (DGAF)
* Joc - Joc (DSMR)
* Dannii Monarkh - Dannii Monarkh (CEE)
* Sikanra - Sikanra (SP3)
* Kerzack - Kerzack (CEE)
* Jackall - Tha Jackall (BGBR)
* Azlea Rayn - Azlea Rayn (IS)*
* VooDoo Man - Vodoo Willie ( MMDA )
* Star Bock - Star Bock (SWA)
* Spinward - Spindward Bound (SWA)*
* Water Lady - Water Lady(FE.AR)
* K4 - Mr GoodK4t (SLUG)
Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:07 PM
Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:42 PM
Graduated Wolfpacks 11/24/07
Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:20 PM
***** Lucifer's Handmaiden *****
Dromedary Goat Albatross and Fish - because we DGAF!
[link=http://www.bbq-alliance.com/forum/index.php]BBQ Forum About Everything Eve[/link]
Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:38 PM
Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:28 PM
Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:31 PM
Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:52 PM
Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:30 AM
AKA: Loo_pa[LIT] [link=http://www.teampalit.com]www.TeamPalit.com[/link]
Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:35 AM
Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:17 PM
The choices you make, not the chances you take, determine your destiny
Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:01 PM
Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:27 AM
Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:55 PM