Photo

In-game Class Announcement Mailing List

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

Agony operates two methods of in-game communication with our students / potential students, a chat channel (AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY) and a mailing list (AU_PVP_CLASSES).

Both of these require you to join them IN GAME - nobody else can sign you up for them, so posting here asking to be added will do you no good.

Ok - detailed instructions:

Chat Channel
Select Channels and Mailing Lists from the menu.
Open the Channels Tab
Click Join
Type in AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY

Mailing List
Select Channels and Mailing Lists from the menu.
Open the Mailing Lists Tab
Click Join
Type in AU_PVP_CLASSES

New classes will be announced both here in our Enrollment forum and on the mailing list - to sign up for a class you will need to follow the instructions *here*.

Please do not reply to the class announcements or otherwise post to the mailing list.

Any questions you have about Agony or our classes can be asked in the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY channel.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#2 Xalorous

Xalorous
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

Class announcement mailing list fails. There was no announcement for the recent Basic class.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?99084]BASIC-0612082100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183633]WOLFPACKS-1203102200[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?185995]ADVANCED-2603102400[/link]

#3 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

aye it filled up in 6 hours - before the guys running the list could even get a message sent out... :(
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#4 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

I sent the mail out very early after the class was announced. The instructor PM'd me and I sent the mail almost immediately. Unfortunately for some, we had to delete the e-mail from the list only a few hours later when the class was closed, because it was already full. Apologies to those who missed out, but I can assure you that I personally sent out the mail within 30 minutes of the class being announced.
Posted Image

#5 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

damn see even i missed it in my in-box.... there and gone again
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#6 Salinity Now

Salinity Now
  • Pip

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

Good Day People, Lurking on your forum now for about a month and I would really like to take one of your basic PVP classes. However, as you know the classes fill up imediately. I will continue to visit daily and hope to get lucky. That being said I am wondering if you might consider allowing people to sign up and pay in advance of the next class. If you would be willing to do that please advise and I would be happy to remit payment imediately. Thank you for your time, regards Salinity Now

#7 Azual

Azual

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

To quote Spin in another thread:

We've experimented with the waiting list and it was far too much work. I'm afraid it has to be the waiting game :(

Given how quickly the classes fill up, I expect the delay in getting on a class would be massive. When you add in the problem of having to track down people who signed up 6 months ago who may or may not still be playing, I can see why the system wouldn't work.

The best tactic is to just sign up to the waiting list and/or refresh the forums like crazy whenever you think there might be a class coming up, and hope you get lucky =P
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#8 Riley Kendrik

Riley Kendrik
  • PipPip

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:59 PM

I wonder if the solution might simply be to drop hints on the forums/evemail a week or so ahead of time so that people know to look. Alternatively, you could keep doing the same thing you're doing now, as I check several times a day, every day, and have never had problems missing the cutoff. :D Persistence is its own reward.

#9 Pyrostasis

Pyrostasis
  • Pip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

I got a tent and smores over at my forum camp spot, you guys are welcome to come hang out. I'll be f5ing my way to the next class as well.

#10 Strags

Strags
  • Pip

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:36 AM

Hello, Looking to enroll. Seems a pretty tight window for the selection. Was curious if consideration was made towards a "Lottery" for students? In basic form (example); Announce a 1 week time frame for class enrollment. A number is assigned to each person interested. At the end of the week, Hold a drawing for the total number of students desired. Those drawn are entered. If one or a few fail in payment, requirements.. or other essential needs - they are DQ'd and the next # assigned student in the drawing takes the place...? However it works - I'll seek out the camp site with the smore's and wait my turn ;)
I'm rock, your scissors... nerf paper!

#11 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

Hello,
Looking to enroll. Seems a pretty tight window for the selection.

Was curious if consideration was made towards a "Lottery" for students?

In basic form (example); Announce a 1 week time frame for class enrollment. A number is assigned to each person interested. At the end of the week, Hold a drawing for the total number of students desired. Those drawn are entered. If one or a few fail in payment, requirements.. or other essential needs - they are DQ'd and the next # assigned student in the drawing takes the place...?

However it works - I'll seek out the camp site with the smore's and wait my turn ;)

While this is an excellent idea....it would just be too much administration. We're looking for ways to reduce the administrative overhead. Many tens of man hours go into each class with administration, instructor preparation, signing up support pilots, reviewing and revising class materials, etc. These are hours that could be spent actually playing the game, but are necessary to run these classes.
Posted Image