Photo

[CLOSED] Merry is the Majestic Maulus! - Free Public Roam Aug. 17 @ 08:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

[OPEN] Merry is the Majestic Maulus! - Free Public Roam August 17 @ 08:00

Yup, another one of Greygal's "holiday" public (drunken) roams!  In keeping with my quickly-becoming-a-tradition "Holiday"  roams, this roam is open to everyone, you do not have to be an Alumni to attend this roam (although it helps!)  So grab some alcohol and come join us for a giggle-inducing roam through nullsec to make lots of shiny explosions!!

NOTE: Form-up location is BERTA!  (Sendaya if you're flashy!)

"HOLIDAY" THEME FOR THIS ROAM:

Well, technically, the holiday I planned to celebrate for this roam is National Bad Poetry Day, but after the magnificent showing of Maulus pilots everywhere throughout the Alliance Tournament, yup, you guessed it, of course I have to host a Maulus roam!  :)  Feel free to bring your worst poetry to share in local or coms (keep it short though!) ... or your best :)  It don't have to be bad poetry, to be honest!

So while this is still my usual kitchen-sink frigate and destroyer gang, the ship preference for this roam is the mighty Maulus!!  

So set up a few Frigates or Destroyers of your choice.   If you're feeling lazy, just use any of the T1/T2/Alumni frigate fits found on our Wiki by clicking here.

Maulus: Fit whatever you want in your highs, blasters are suggested.  Fit a MWD and three damps in your mids; make sure you have one of each script for each damp.  Fit damage control in the low and a small armor tank (or whatever you want in your lows).  Fit damage drones in your drone bay.

Frigates (other than Maulus):  In your highs, fit for as much damage as you can, and as usual, aim for a 6km-10km optimal.  For your mids, fit a prop mod (afterburner/microwarp drive) if you can and in your spare mid, fit some sort of ECM or tackle (damp, track, point, scram or web). In your lows fit a damage control unit and whatever else you want.  We'll be highly dependent upon non-Maulus frigs for tackling, so if you can fit scram/web, do so.   

Destroyers:  In your highs, fit for as much damage as you can, and as usual, aim for a 6km-10km optimal.  For your mids, fit a prop mod (afterburner/microwarp drive) if you can and in your spare mid, fit some sort of ECM or tackle (damp, track, point, scram or web). In your lows fit a damage control unit, and a small armor tank if you can (or whatever you want).   We'll be highly dependent upon Destroyers for much of our damage, so lean towards fits that maximize your damage.

Logistic Frigates (aka "Support" Frigates): If you want to fly one of the Logistic frigates for this roam, you are more than welcome to! Fly one of the armor Logistic frigs if you decide this is the role you wish to fly. Stick to the Logistic frigates - if you bring a logistic cruiser, you're really asking to be primaried!

Skimishers: Alumni are welcome to fly Skirmish if they wish, please state so in your sign-up post below if you are interested in flying as a skirmisher.

Planning on roaming until downtime. For the hard-core don't be surprised if we keep going after the fleet whelps consolidates :)

ROAM DETAILS:

• Date and Time: August 17th @ 08:00 Eve time.
  • Duration: 3+ hours. Plan on running the roam until downtime.  Don't be surprised if it runs longer   :)
  • Price: Free for everyone!
  • Fleet Commander: Greygal. Be afraid, be very afraid...
  • Maximum Attendance: Really don't have a maximum, but our TS server is limited to 100 so... no more than that!
  • Voice Coms: This roam will be held on Agony's Teamspeak server. Information on connecting to it can be found here.
  • In-game Chat Room: Please join the Agony Public chat room for fleet invites at the start of the roam.

Make sure you're in a cheap/naked clone! I routinely get us all killed... honest, it's not intentional...

This roam is OPEN TO EVERYONE. You do NOT need to be an Alumni to join this roam - it's wide-open to the public!

If you have never flown on an Agony roam before, please read this article so you understand our communication philosophy - we like our coms to stay reasonably clear and clutter-free. Being that this will be a mostly casual, alcohol-influenced roam, I'll be fairly lenient on com's discipline for the uninitiated, but I don't want our coms to be a zoo, either.

Please RSVP to this party by posting below using our usual sign-up format:

Forum Name - Character Name (TICKER)

I would really like it if everyone can sign up in advance so I have a good idea of our numbers and needed support, although I won't turn anyone away who is too lazy to register on our forums just shows up, assuming we have room available.

Again, make sure you're in a cheap/naked clone! I routinely get us all killed! I take fights that others run away from... if I think we can kill one of them... I'll take the fight :)  I'm not normal, what can I say?

Remember, this roam's primary target is FUN!  The fact we'll happen to kill a few ships along the way is a really nice side effect :)  Sense of humor is required, alcohol recommended!

Confirmed for Explosions:

1. Socretez - Socretez Momaki (PLA)
  2. Blitz - Blitzkrieg (PLA)
  3. Zael Serine - Zael Serine (GIB)
  4. Gerald - Gerald Dewaere (0UCH)
  5. oweim - oweim (SEPHR)
  6. Jheherrin - Morat (S C)
  7. Bam Stroker - Bam Stroker (ISF)
  8. Delirious Ramathorn - Delirious Ramathorn (ISF)
  9. Bob McGenericname - Bob McGenericname (WEAZL)
  10. Nythyrra Me-Varra - Nythyrra Me-Varra (ISF)
  11. Artadis - Artadis (B-REP) 
  12. mustangalex90 - Alexander Four-Twenty (PLA)
  13. Sebastian Thielman - Sebastian Thielman (U.P.I)

14. xhamr - Jeremiah Cole (--EA-)

15. IUFMarine - IUFMarine (PLA)

16. Veerus - Veerus Weyland (DRAEB)

17. kirurgi - Kirurgi (IS)

18. Arland Marven - Arland Marven (TSCZ)

19. Blunted - Blunted Blazer (VI)

20. Jysella - Lujayne Halcyon

21. Jalisco Eisen Koraka - Something Easy (O-0) (Yay! My favorite poetress!)

22. Othran - Mr Slant (KTFT)
  23. Sephira Galamore - Sephira Galamore (DRAEB)
  24. Dosty - Pixie Pearl (PTS)
  25. Landrik - Landrik Blake (MUSRT)
  26. Miilzy - Astrata Andrard (50UL)
  27. Ookmar Katar (ISF)
  28. RDNx - nGR RDNx

Edited by Greygal, 17 August 2013 - 05:02 AM.
updated confirmed list

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Socretez

Socretez
  • PipPip

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

Socretez - Socretez Momaki (PLA)

Lets do this.

BASIC-20120427 - WOLFPACKS-20130201 - ADVANCED-20120418 - SKIRMISHING-20130405 - COVOPS - 20130420

"You can always end
an argument with a well
developed haiku."
~Socretez

#3 Blitz

Blitz
  • PipPip

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Blitz - Blitzkrieg (PLA)

Yaay!!!

(Should we maybe list what ship we're bringing so you have a bit of advance warning? I volunteer for Maulus/Tackle Frig/Destroyer/Logi, just let me know)

Edited by Blitz, 06 August 2013 - 05:13 PM.

BASIC 20130705           Wolfpacks 20130823          SKIRMISHING-20130920

16gl4zs.gif

Yep, I'm an official Agony fanboy... simply adore them all..unless I'm not with their fleet and pointed

#4 Zael Serine

Zael Serine
  • PipPip

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:04 AM

Zael Serine - Zael Serine (GIB)

#5 Gerald

Gerald
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

Gerald - Gerald Dewaere

#6 Oweim

Oweim
  • PipPip

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

oweim - oweim (SEPHR)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
BASIC-20120310

#7 Jheherrin

Jheherrin
  • PipPip

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Jheherrin - Morat (S C)

Engineers Motto: If it doesn't fit, force it, If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.

PVP Motto : If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it, it might move later.

#8 Bam Stroker

Bam Stroker
  • Pip

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Bam Stroker - Bam Stroker (ISF)

#9 Delirious Ramathorn

Delirious Ramathorn
  • Pip

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Delirious Ramathorn - Delirious Ramathorn (ISF)

#10 Bob McGenericname

Bob McGenericname
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Bob McGenericname - Bob McGenericname (WEAZL)

#11 Nythyrra Me-Varra

Nythyrra Me-Varra
  • Pip

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Nythyrra Me-Varra - Nythyrra Me-Varra (ISF)

#12 Artadis

Artadis
  • PipPip

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

Artadis - Artadis (B-REP) 

#13 Alexander Four-Twenty

Alexander Four-Twenty
  • Pip

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

mustangalex90 - Alexander Four-Twenty (PLA)

#14 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

No need for me to wait till the 11th to announce the form-up location, as I've decided we'll be leaving from BERTA (Sendaya if you are flashy!).  

Since so far this is looking to be a smallish fleet, if you are planning on bringing a Maulus, have a spare frigate and/or destroyer of your choice in case I need to balance the fleet and/or for after we've whelped a time or two ;)

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#15 Sebastian Thielman

Sebastian Thielman
  • PipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sebastian Thielman - Sebastian Thielman (U.P.I)

#16 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

xhamr - Jeremiah Cole (--EA-)

#17 IUFMarine

IUFMarine
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

IUFMarine - IUFMarine (PLA)

mwahahahaha!

#18 Veerus

Veerus
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Veerus - Veerus Weyland (DRAEB)

Alumni, available as a skirmisher.

#19 kirurgi

kirurgi
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

kirurgi - Kirurgi (IS)

#20 Arland Marven

Arland Marven
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Arland Marven - Arland Marven (TSCZ)

(Want to fly logi frigate, but will have spare dps frigs/destroyers.)

#21 Blunted

Blunted
  • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Blunted - Blunted Blazer (VI)

Missed last roam. I must redeem myself!

#22 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Jysella - Lujayne Halcyon (S)

Bringin' the reps. :)

EDIT: Added NPC ticker. :P

Edited by Jysella, 13 August 2013 - 12:08 AM.

BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#23 Jalisco Eisen Koraka

Jalisco Eisen Koraka
  • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Jalisco Eisen Koraka - Something Easy (O-0)

ALUMNI

(Jalisco's Alt)

Bringing some good and bad poetry.

#24 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Othran - Mr Slant (KTFT)

Alumni

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#25 Sephira Galamore

Sephira Galamore
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Sephira Galamore - Sephira Galamore (DRAEB)