Enrollment is open NOW and limited to 30 students plus Alumni & Agony.
By popular demand, we have revamped our much-beloved Wolfpacks class to be a single-day class, and refocused it on the fun strategic fleet movements that were such a favorite in the class of old. The reading material has been cleaned up significantly (and believe it or not is several thousand words shorter!), and most of the class portion is now practical exercises.
Please be aware that this is the first time running the class. We are expecting about 15 minutes of lecture, about an hour to 1.5 hours of practical exercises, then straight into the roam. We plan on roaming for about 2 to 3 hours, and expect the entire process (class, practical, and roam) to last between 4 and 5 hours. Of course, as is true of anything we do, don't be surprised if things run over!
IMPORTANT: CLASS AND ROAM NOW TAKE PLACE ALL IN ONE DAY.
PVP-WOLFPACKS expands upon the knowledge gained in PVP-BASICS, and introduces several new concepts. All required and recommended reading materials and recommended ship fittings for this class can be found on our Wiki by clicking here.
CLASS OVERVIEW: The core topics this class will be covering are:
- Strategic Fleet Movement
- You must be a PVP-BASIC alumni.
- You must be able to fly a T1 Destroyer
- Have 2 or 3 Destroyers of your choice fit out using the recommended fittings.
- You must have a working microphone
- Please read all the required articles on our Wiki
- The class starts out in highsec, then moves into nullsec for the practical exercises and the roam. Therefore, you must be in the class system with ships already fit and ready to go at the time the class starts.
- We WILL get in fights. You WILL lose your ship and potentially lose your pod. Make sure your clone is up-to-date and not too expensive!
- Course Code: WOLFPACKS-20130201
- Time and Duration:
- Class AND Roam: February 1st, 2013 at 08:00 Eve time.
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours. Don't be surprised if it runs longer You are considered a graduate after we have roamed for about one hour.
- Location: Berta
- Price: 30m ISK per pilot. Alumni of prior Wolfpacks classes may attend for free.
- Please send the course fee directly to the "Agony Unleashed" Corporation, and use the course code in the transfer.
- If you are having financial difficulties, Somer Blink has generously set up a scholarship fund for our students. Type SOMER BLINK in your enrollment post to use the scholarship fund for tuition purposes (cannot be used for our JF hauling services, sorry!)
- Click here to learn how to enroll in a PVP-U class.
- Instructors: Greygal & TBA
- Fleet Commander: TBA
- Maximum Enrollment: 30 students plus Alumni & Agony (if demand is really high, I'll probably increase this limit, but since this is the first time we're running the new version of the Wolfpacks, would like to limit it to 30.)
- Post in this thread using our standard format of Forum Name - Ingame Name (TICKER)
Greygal - Greygal (AGONY)
ToranBrades - ToranBrades (AGONY)
Itkovian - Itkovian Beddict (AGONY)
Bamar - Christina Bamar (AGONY)
ATTENTION WOLFPACKS ALUMNI:
ALL THE FITTINGS HAVE CHANGED! BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR SHIP FITTINGS USING THE NEW FITTINGS ON OUR WIKI PAGE!
Because the class is now so integrated into the roam, start time for Alumni is the same as for the students: 08:00 Eve time. Yes, that means you have to sit through the boring bits during the first 15-30 minutes, but you can help out with the practicals cause that's really fun, and then pad your killboard on the roam! After we've run the revamped Wolfpacks a few times, we'll get it set up so Alumni can show up late but for now, please show up at the same time as the class start time.
UPDATE January 24th, 2013: I corrected and updated the "Destroyers in Comparison" article and copied the chart to the recommended fittings page of the Wiki. Thanks Nos for pointing that out!
Confirmed students: Paid
1. Cage Man
2. Col Quaritch
3. Dack MaRoac
4. David Campbell
5. Deimos Ovaert
6. Emma Gardner
7. Furious Lao
8. George Grabov
9. Hann McCarran
10. Jurgen Krauss
11. Khador Vess
13. Kronthar Lionkur
14. Landrik Blake
15. Lowkey Asgaurd
16. Mor Wihn
18. Nyne Lives
20. Paul Seow
21. Sir Thomas Desden
24. Gustavus Adolphus - Gustavus Adolphus (CRTRK)
25. Jezebel Erinnyes (need to verify pre-req)
Socretez - Socretez Momaki (EGO)
AWAITING CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT:
1. 2ofthe9 (probable cancellation)
Confirmed students: Corporate account
26. Donato - Donato Velascare (B-REP)
29. dizzy - Lolixx (R-FED)
30. Zea - Efficient Z (R-FED)
Confirmed students: Using credit from prior missed class
1. Jysella Halcyon
2. Rick Silva
3. Loteaus Seaven
Cancellations/Missed class, credited:
1. Kristin Invictus - Kristin Invictus (XXXPT)
2. Spite - Spite Albator (PVP-U)
3. cageman - Cage Man (EVGP)
4. Deimos - Deimos Ovaert (CAS)
5. grabov - George Grabov (GGCRP)
6. David Campbell - David Campbell (TS)
Cancellations/Missed class, refunded:
1. Aiknaaroe Arvedui
3. Dog Walker
4. Drosstein Fitch
5. Ina Sabezan
8. Viscis Breeze
10. PsychoBitch - PsychoBitch (PLA)
11. Bob McGenericname - Bob McGenericname (WEAZL)
- Col Quaritch - Col Quaritch (EZCO)
- Dack MaRoac - Dack MaRoac (R-FED)
- dizzy - Lolixx (R-FED)
- Donato - Donato Velascare (B-REP)
- Emma Gardner - Emma Gardner (2CNQR)
- Furious Lao - Furious Lao (B-REP)
- Gustavus Adolphus - Gustavus Adolphus (CRTRK)
- Hann - Hann McCarran (RMS)
- Jezebel Erinnyes - Jezebel Erinnyes (CP)
- Kalino - Jurgen Krauss (PTS)
- Jysella - Jysella Halcyon (AGONY)
- Khador - Khador Vess (B-Rep)
- Kronthar - Kronthar Lionkur (FNA)
- Landrik - Landrik Blake (MUSE.)
- Loteaus Seaven - Loteaus Seaven (AGONY)
- Lowkey Asgaurd - Lowkey Asgaurd (FCARE)
- Mor WIhn - Mor Wihn (PNAUT)
- Rublik Dust - Noriky (R-FED)
- Nyne Lives - Nyne Lives (R-FED)
- nyscron - Nyrocron (HALL.)
- paulseow - Paul Seow (.ILL.)
- Sir Thomas Desden - Sir Thomas Desden (XXXPT)
- Socretez - Socretez Momaki (EGO)
- xp3ll3d - xp3ll3d (TSOLE)
- Zea - Efficient Z (R-FED)
Edited by Greygal, 03 February 2013 - 07:44 AM.