Photo

[AAR] PvP Basic Roam - August 4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

A bit late on an AAR, but here's some highlights for those who missed the roam. Also, I wanted to say a quick thanks to those of you who tipped your instructor / FC (Maudite 9). Much appreciated! The vast majority of the roam took place in Syndicate. I kept edging the fleet "westward" (Dotlan direction) aiming to go to Cloud Ring and Fade, but as it happened targets kept appearing in Syndicate, particularly the Eastern part. This is pretty common as that part of Syndicate is often a good place for fights. 1) First fight was vs. Anger Management (AM) in M2 about 15 minutes after undocking in Stacmon. We killed the following: Proteus, Loki, 2 x Domi, and a few odds and ends Good fight, AM! Good bubbles by Jysella and Esbear, by the way. Fairly easy fight and a good way to get the feet wet. 2) Off to the West a bit where we hit some Tengus and Drakes in FD-. This was a fun battle that ended up over 1000km from the X-M gate. I wanted us to focus on the Tengus and everyone did a great job of doing just that. 4 x Tengus went down! Awesome work by the Agony skirmishers and also a really nice job by the students too. We had quite a few people that had never fought in 0.0 at all before and to keep up with a fight like this where everyone got all strung out was very heads-up piloting. We didn't lose many ships and again, that was heads-up piloting as students warped out when they got in trouble and warped back into the fight. This one was the fight of the roam - lots of fun! Props to SOLAR for taking the fight with us. 3) And back to the East where we met up with Anger Management again! In 97x this time. They were hanging out in Y9G and I sent Jysella (dictor) to the sun in 97X while sending Xik (other dictor) to the M2 gate in 97X. It looked like AM was going to come into 97X, so I wanted to and try and catch them in a bubble. They did come into 97X, but sat on the Y9G gate. I sent the 2 dictors after them.....one to go into Y9G and one to bubble in 97X. I mis-timed this a little and sent Jysella too early. He died before we got the rest of the fleet to the AM gang. But Jysella did hero-bubble our opponents and we got our fight in 97X. Great bubbling by Xik as well who came back from Y9G once the battle commenced. Where's the cyno, where's the cyno.....we kept wondering on comms. We kept expecting it and it didn't come. [In recent Agony roams, we've been dropped by AM a few times. Also, this just looked and felt like it was a cyno trap.] We blew up 10 x T1 cruisers or so. Good job from AM in taking another fight with us. They did kill several of our frigs and GFs were had all around. 3.5) About 5 minutes go by (we were looting) and a few more AM show up! They bring in a Maller, Scorp, and Stabber. Gotta be a cyno in there! Well, we'll go for them anyway - after all they did just get beat up and even if they cyno onto us I figured they wouldn't have much cohesiveness. We'll see what happens to our poor little T1 frigs. No cyno! Three more AM ships go down in a rather strange manner. Not sure what they were thinking there. 4) A bit of a gank here, gank there sort of thing as I headed the fleet West again. We ran into a wall of logi-supported goodness in the A-S area and had to turn around and head for Outer Ring instead of going to Cloud ring. Here we got a little fight in D5 as some campers made a costly error. Their scout (Cane) in 1L- told the campers that we had 3 ships - he had seen some skirmishers. Then he went into D5 thinking he'd join in some ganks. Meanwhile the rest of our fleet came into 1L- and headed straight for D5 and went through. The gankers quickly became the ganked as we killed 2 x Cane and a Blackbird. Funny quotes in local ensued as the Damned Nation guys were none-too-happy with a guy that reported 3 enemy ships. 5) At this point targets started drying up (as they seem to almost always do when leaving Syndicate) and we headed back to Stacmon through Cloud Ring and low-sec. One last little fight in Agoze with some flashies! Once again they seem to have been surprised by the 40-50 frigs coming in a couple of systems behind our skirmishers and a Rapier made the mistake of aggressing Dibbles or Itko. One very dead 225 mil ISK Rapier put the cherry on top of our roam! Someone in the roam mentioned that we killed over 10 bil ISK worth of stuff. Sounds good! Without looking at the details, my guess on our own losses would be perhaps 200 mil or so. More importantly, it was a really fun roam and I was very happy with how well our new students performed. Great comms, fleet discipline, and piloting. It was a pleasure to FC you all. And as always, the Agony skirmishers and scout were top-notch. Thanks for coming!
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#2 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

3) And back to the East where we met up with Anger Management again! In 97x this time. They were hanging out in Y9G and I sent Jysella (dictor) to the sun in 97X while sending Xik (other dictor) to the M2 gate in 97X. It looked like AM was going to come into 97X, so I wanted to and try and catch them in a bubble. They did come into 97X, but sat on the Y9G gate. I sent the 2 dictors after them.....one to go into Y9G and one to bubble in 97X. I mis-timed this a little and sent Jysella too early. He died before we got the rest of the fleet to the AM gang.

But Jysella did hero-bubble our opponents and we got our fight in 97X. Great bubbling by Xik as well who came back from Y9G once the battle commenced. Where's the cyno, AM, where's your cyno? We kept expecting it and it didn't come. We blew up 10 x T1 cruisers or so. Good job from AM in taking another fight with us. They did kill several of our frigs and GFs were had all around.

I wasn't intending to die there. I was hoping to bubble their fleet and then hop through but at least one of them was cagey enough to have been in warp as I popped it. I was caught off-guard and mis-managed my ASBs (should have run them flat out while burning off, went for pulsing and orbiting the gate on AB hoping to jump out) and died in short order to the might of blasters at 0.

If I hadn't shown up when I did and bubbled they probably would have been in warp by the time Xik landed on grid. Pilot error on my part in not having a backup plan when aggroed on gate. Regardless, gf AM.
BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#3 Dibbles

Dibbles

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

FC'ing seems to come easy to you, and you are an excellent reminder of the composure I lack that has continued to keep me from it. I was suprised that MASQ with their AF gang did not at least try something; imo they could of tried splitting us and taken a fight, say, 80-100km from a celestial and inflicted a lot of damage. Perhaps the only 'what if' of the entire roam was during our path through Outer Ring, at which point a couple of decent sized fleets were reported back in Syndicate (a killable size, unlike the FA/Goon gang which we avoided shortly before - although I think one of them was the aforementioned MASQ). At that point the roam had been going 4,5 hours? and it was only through sheer bloodlust that I was disappointed we did not turn round to have one last large scale fight; with hindsight it was the correct decision though. The last reported position of the FA/Goon Gang was FD- and the chances were high we would run into them again.

#4 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

FC'ing seems to come easy to you, and you are an excellent reminder of the composure I lack that has continued to keep me from it.

I was suprised that MASQ with their AF gang did not at least try something; imo they could of tried splitting us and taken a fight, say, 80-100km from a celestial and inflicted a lot of damage.

I have you fooled! I don't know about "easy", but I am pretty calm about FCing now and thoroughly enjoy it.

I was surprised about MASQ too. I thought for sure we'd get a little something there.
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#5 xikorita

xikorita

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

I really liked the way you FCed maudite. Nice roam and time flew by.

#6 Roddex

Roddex

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Was a great Basic roam. Maudite did an amazing job as FC (as he always does) and the skirmish/dictors were great. Another fun roam with the students.
Victor Breau > u can whore when u clear trial

Hey, I just undоcked
And this is crazy
But here's our fleet comp
So fight us‚ maybе?

#7 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

So sad :( I missed all the fun... thanks so much Maudite for taking a class out! Sure glad ya'll had such good fights and great support!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png