Photo

Zee says "G'day Agony" :)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 zee

zee

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

G'day Agony, Zee Webbose here, I thought I'd stop by and say hello :) I recently re subbed one of my accounts on eve after taking a very long break. Some of you may remember me if you were around back in 2007-ish. I see that Mr Christina Bamar is now ceo :) *waves at bamar* How are ya mate? Looks like a lot of things have changed in eve recently, the last time I played was about 2 years ago... I'd love to catch up with you guys again, maybe I could enrol in a course. I sure could use some instruction... I'm a little (very) rusty lol What have you crazy bunch of kids been up to for the last couple of years? I hope you've killed a titan with a frig fleet, or something equally awesome ;)
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Posted Image

#2 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

Holy crap! Hey Zee, long time no see :) Your timing is perfect, I'm going to be running an old timers gang this weekend after our tourney match since lately we've had a lot of people coming back (Rasql, me, Sever, etc). You should definitely come along if you can make it (exact time depends on when CCP schedules us).
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#3 zee

zee

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

That would be awesome Bamar! But unfortunately I'm heading interstate for the weekend and I won't be back till mid week :( I'll have to take a "raincheck" and get in on the next one :) Maybe you could pm some ts details to me and I'll pop in when I get a chance? All the best for the tournament!
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Posted Image

#4 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Woah, there's a blast from the past. Heya Zee, good to see you're alive and kicking.

#5 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hey Zee, good to hear from you. Our TS details are public and available on the Wiki: http://www.agony-unl...x.php?title=TS3 Stop by some time and say hello!
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#6 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

Wow. There's a familiar face
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#7 zee

zee

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hey guys! Yes Larg, Loon, and Sever, I'm still alive and kicking! More kickin' than livin' lol I'm eager to get back on the internet spaceships bandwagon and blow some stuff up with you guys again :D I'll def' get on next week sometime when I get back.
Posted Image

#8 Kerzack

Kerzack

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Heya! I'm not currently playing but Agony has done a ton of different things since you left. We purchased land in PureBlind... it turned out to be swampland. We harvested moon-goo and destroyd worm-wholes. We tried and eventually led a coalition of space holding PVP'rs... as all things must it came to an end. We built a piece of EVE that will never be removed... a new (Station) We graduated from frig blobs and the occasional RR-BS fleet to BC fleets and then into Hac/Recon fleets of various varieties. We perfected and got bored with Titan dropping... too much setup and too long of a wait till the drop... most of us don't get payed to play by the hour. We have moved through many flavour of the month fleets... and still support the suicidal buggers that love to solo. Long live fishing! (even with sometimes bigger bait)(sometimes with smaller bait) Serriously what the Hell can a Hellios do to me... i'm an intercepter! We have again gotten messed up in the tourney although I'm not sure if it was a choice / gift / task. We seem to be one of the oldest, most respected and talented/worthy/experienced corps in all of EVE now. --------- With that said you now know why it's so hard to not hit the re-sub button. o7
Men of war have long known that warriors must often abandon those verities they defend. Peace, human kindness, love... for they hold no meaning to the enemy. And so, to win, do we become what we despise... and despise what we become?

#9 choran

choran

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Zee! What's up man! Kerzack, thanks for that summary. Very cool stuff. Fishing, yes...so fun. So did the old timer outing happen? Who showed?

#10 Larg Kellein

Larg Kellein

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

It happened, even had a few of said old timers sign back up with us since.

#11 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

Think there were 45+ in channel? Was one of those annoying roams where you get all the action in the first 30 minutes and then roam for a further 2 hours for no reason :D

#12 zee

zee

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Sounds like I missed out on a big roam :) I promise I'll get on ts soon [tm].. I cracked out the inner carebear and smashed some level 4's.. Even did a little mining.... I made some isk, but now I feel dirty... The doctor has prescribed "killmails".. When I get some I should feel right as rain :)
Posted Image

#13 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

So did the old timer outing happen? Who showed?

Engaged a T2/faction cruiser/guardian gang in our frig gang and lost a few. Reshipped to T2 cruisers and made up for it.

Engagement started with ping-pong between 6-C & PVH. Main fight was in 6-C; caught a few stragglers in PVH.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 choran

choran

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

So did the old timer outing happen? Who showed?

Engaged a T2/faction cruiser/guardian gang in our frig gang and lost a few. Reshipped to T2 cruisers and made up for it.

Engagement started with ping-pong between 6-C & PVH. Main fight was in 6-C; caught a few stragglers in PVH.

Holy Deimos Batman!

Too bad about the Dramiel loss, but I'm sure Bamar can afford it :P And the command ship kill made up for it. Am I missing something...2 x 1600mm plates instead of reps? Talk about a slow ass pig. Now that I'm looking at the other kills, they nearly all have plates...man, I'm really out of it. That looks like fail to me.

#15 Silas

Silas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

And the command ship kill made up for it. Am I missing something...2 x 1600mm plates instead of reps? Talk about a slow ass pig. Now that I'm looking at the other kills, they nearly all have plates...man, I'm really out of it. That looks like fail to me.

I think you're really out of it, indeed... :P How much use do you think one local armor rep would be against the DPS of 15+ Deimoses and assorted support vs the alternative; buffer/resists and remote reps from fleet logistics.

Local rep is usually only useful in small gang or solo PvP.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#16 choran

choran

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

And the command ship kill made up for it. Am I missing something...2 x 1600mm plates instead of reps? Talk about a slow ass pig. Now that I'm looking at the other kills, they nearly all have plates...man, I'm really out of it. That looks like fail to me.

I think you're really out of it, indeed... :P How much use do you think one local armor rep would be against the DPS of 15+ Deimoses and assorted support vs the alternative; buffer/resists and remote reps from fleet logistics.

Local rep is usually only useful in small gang or solo PvP.

lol! I guess I'm not used to "fleets" roaming Syndicate. Yes 2 plates would indeed last longer than a couple reps against 15 Deimos's. Is Syndicate always this crowded nowadays? Or were they just responding to your frig fleet?

#17 Sancho

Sancho

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

HOLY SHIT IT'S CHORAN! Dude! How the heck are you!
Fight them, sure.
Fight to win, always.
Just don't be dicks about it, as usual.

glepp

#18 choran

choran

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

DUDE! Doing great :) Been raising my two boys, 3 and 3mo. Been playing casual MMOs like WOW, Rift, and SWTOR. I should be saying the same of you! HOLY SHIT IT'S SANCHO! :) Did you resub?

#19 Sancho

Sancho

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

I did resub sometime late last year. And your name was the very first I looked up. I swear! Still in Reno? I had to move out of Vegas and I am now living in Santa Fe, NM. Loving my life and job. Still traveling to Vegas quite a bit for work and I like it more now than I ever have. Grats on your boys! Boys are so fun raising. I love my daughters but my son... he's something special. I think that's just the way nature made me. So Agony accepts casual members, you know. <wink>
Fight them, sure.
Fight to win, always.
Just don't be dicks about it, as usual.

glepp

#20 choran

choran

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

Yep, still in Reno. Glad to hear things are going well. Yes, it's been a lot of fun with my oldest.

"So Agony accepts casual members, you know. <wink>"

Oh yeah? I remember when I left, Agony (Rells) was all about full tilt involvement...didn't like "casual" members. I agreed to a point, but now I have a different point of view...if I need to get up from the computer without warning for 10min, I gotta do it...that usually means losing your ship if you're in 0.0, and people may have been depending on you if you're performing a role like scout or dictor duties, while in a roaming gang or whatever.

Obviously there's a new CEO now and I'm sure things are pretty different. I'm actually curious how Bamar runs the corp; I always remembered him as a laid back kind of guy. Maybe I'll resub and take 1 or 2 pvp classes and see how it goes... Just have to convince the wife to let me do 2 MMO subs...lol right!

#21 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

Agony did away with most of the ranks and certifications a while back (Before I had joined some 2 years ago). It is a great place and if you are enough of a bear, playing eve is free.

#22 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

I'm actually curious how Bamar runs the corp;

Drunk and belligerent for the most part :D

Things are definitely different. Like Dior said we undid the entire rank structure. Now everyone's either Trial, Core or Director. The drama llama has been banished. Definitely more laid back structurally.

PvP-wise we're a lot bigger and advanced than back when you played. While you've been gone we've competed in alliance tourneys (including one right now, watch our matches this coming weekend), engaged in POS warfare, held sov space, led a (small) coalition, etc etc. The game's changed a lot and we've changed with it. Still end up coming back to small/medium gang no-blue PvP though.

Oh and hey Choran, long time no see :D
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#23 zee

zee

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

Drunk? You? No never! ;) lol I watched your tournament fight last night! More jams than a confectionary shop! Epic win. You guys slaughtered em! Good work. Did those guys fly out of bounds in some kind of silent protest? I laughed so hard. It's good to hear you guys still have a no blue policy. I really miss that. My time with the big alliances was kinda boring pvp wise. Sure, I killed a lot of POS's and flew in massive BOB cap fleets and got my BS doomsday'd a few times.... But the rest of the pvp was pretty few and far between :( (on that note.. The whole "max" campaign and the aftermath was kind of exciting though. Does anyone remember that?)
Posted Image

#24 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Choran! Long time no see :)
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#25 choran

choran

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

Drunk and belligerent for the most part :D

lol

Yeah, small/med gangs were always my fav.

I'll try to watch a match or two this weekend; that's awesome you guys are doing so well.