Who needs a parachute?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Had a nice day out in the sun watching this :

http://www.telegraph...-parachute.html

He went a little wobbly at one stage but a lovely flare just before landing.

The buddy video should be up soon(ish).
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#2 iBallista

iBallista

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

Yep, I was reading abt that this morning... Can't help thinking he must be one crazy mf to be wanting to do that, I enjoy paragliding but I wouldn't fancy doing that at all!

#3 Othran

Othran

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

He has lots of experience with base jumping and wingsuits so its not as dangerous as you'd think. The last base jump I did was nearly 16 years ago and wingsuit technology was in the early days - home-made mainly and fairly unpredictable due to the loonies making the stuff. These days you can go from 120mph to 20mph in a couple of seconds - and it doesn't dislocate your shoulders as the "wing" inflates. Its apparently a lot of fun but you're not going to get many out the door in one run with those :D What he's wearing in that video is pretty incredible - you can see that as he flares just before "landing" - but you can base jump off stuff now that would have been impossible for most of the year a couple of decades ago. Now you can base jump in a lot of cases without the wind being perfect. Oh and he did actually have a reserve but that was only in case of early wingsuit failure. Adrenaline junkies eh? What next, as if I couldn't guess :rolleyes:
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#4 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Adrenaline junkies eh? What next, as if I couldn't guess :rolleyes:

Wingsuit carrier landing.

At night.

#5 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Adrenaline junkies eh? What next, as if I couldn't guess :rolleyes:

Wingsuit carrier landing.

At night.

1) combat blackout or normal lights?
2) wires or does he get to keep using the field of boxes?
BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#6 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Full black, and the ONLY acceptable result is a three-wire. The 1, 2, and 4 wires are replaced with razor wire.

#7 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Remind me to not piss you off....
BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.

#8 Granger

Granger

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

Full black, and the ONLY acceptable result is a three-wire. The 1, 2, and 4 wires are replaced with razor wire.

And if he doesn't pass Mach 2.35 on the way down thus outrunning an F-14 at full pelt then he should just go home.

Maverick has the ball
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel