Photo

[Feedback] April 27th/28th PVP-BASICS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

Great class today, ya'll were fantastic! Not sure how we did this, but we actually ended the class not only ON time - but a wee bit early! That never happens!

Will update this post after the roam tomorrow, but am opening up feedback thread now. Feel free to share the good, bad, and indifferent about the class today!

---

Roam is still going on, but must share a few small highlights real quick.... ;)

http://www.agony-unl...l_detail/81584/
The pilot, Neooen419, was SO cool during this fight! He was streaming live and may not have realized we could hear his coms :) Someone said that at one point, he started to self-destruct but then cancelled the self-destruct cause he wanted to show the students a good time. Class act!

One of the students, Necro, twitch.tv recorded the fight - in the background you can hear the carrier pilot at times, as the student who made this recording was watching the pilot's live stream at the time.
http://www.twitch.tv/ivvs/b/316523725

http://www.agony-unl...il&kll_id=81574

Props to everyone!

Funniest moment without doubt was when Zen Tai, his blood-lust fired up so high, scram/webbed a drake on a gate... in Orvolle... was so tuned into the nullsec thing that he completely forget we'd just hopped into highsec!

Special notice to Vjorn Angannon for stepping up to call targets when Caldak and so many others were in pods, getting the fleet a few more kills. Very nicely done!

For honoring the temporary cease-fire between everyone, kudos to Test Alliance and Hedonistic Tendencies (RELAX) alliance who assisted on the carrier kill!

Looks like we got 93 ship kills plus I'm not sure how many pods - so we got over 100 kills today! I'll drown myself in the killboard later :)

--------------
Roam is over now, thanks so much to EVERYONE involved! Students ya'll were terrific! Alumni, I can't thank you all enough for the many ways ya'll stepped up to the plate and helped today. And my countless thanks (and hugs!) to all of Agony, especially our skirmishers! Agony rocks! We could not have had a roam like today without all of ya'll!

And of course it goes without say, Thank You Malthraz for co-instructing with me yesterday, and Caldak for commanding the fleet today! I :wub: u!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Virto Nex

Virto Nex

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Great class, you guys were awesome. I really can't think of anything you could have done better. Though I knew most of the concepts already, you guys really helped solidify it into a workable knowledge. You guys did the perfect mix of telling us something works, then showing us how it works. I really liked the making of offline safespots, what I was doing before took way longer, as well as the spiraling. One minor suggestion I could add is maybe a little more time on how to be more efficient with the D-Scan, how to narrow down targets locations and such. I'm really bad at it though and it might add too much time to the class, so it's not terribly important. I'll be sure to watch the seminar and keep practicing. Thanks again for all the work you put into it, and can't wait for the roam tomorrow.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way." - John Paul Jones

"They see me Trollin', They hatin', Pa-trollin' And tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty.
Tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty.
Tryin' to catch me flyin' dirty."

My Blog: Cannon Fodder

BASIC-20120427 ADVANCED-20120418

I like my ribbons!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Blunted

Blunted
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

Awesome class. We really covered alot of material in a short time and you instructors made it easy to grasp. I realize now how much I need to work on my d-scan skills. I'm gonna make it a priority from now on. Really looking forward to the roam tomorrow!

#4 Cris Paladin

Cris Paladin
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

Great class, worth every isk, thankyou. looking for to future classes. cya at the roam :)

#5 BLafisqes

BLafisqes
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Loved the spiraling (I plain suck at tackle), loved the part about EWar tactics and most useful combinations. looking forward to the roam tonight.
Graduated:
BASIC-20120427

#6 Socretez

Socretez
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

I enjoyed the class quite well, you guys said we ended early which is rare, but we covered material which I gathered was extra. Like the D-Scanning rundown we got from Greygal during one of our breaks that extended for a bit. I am fairly new to the game (2 months) and I've already made billions of isk which is rather impressive; I figured I knew my stuff, but after today, I have to reconsider. heh I learned a lot today!

BASIC-20120427 - WOLFPACKS-20130201 - ADVANCED-20120418 - SKIRMISHING-20130405 - COVOPS - 20130420

"You can always end
an argument with a well
developed haiku."
~Socretez

#7 Flash Fingers

Flash Fingers
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hey there. With deep regrets and a similar apology, I missed the class last night due to an "emergency" at work :

I'll catch it next time around! Please hang onto my ISK. I am going to take this class, goddammit! :D

-Flash

#8 Declan Ortun

Declan Ortun
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

The class was great! Like Virto Nex, I learned some new tricks for bookmarking, and got some more practice with D-Scan, which has shown me I'm getting better at it, if still very green. Overall, I was very happy with the class, and I can't wait for the roam tonight! See you all at 2200! o7 Declan

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

BASIC-20120427

#9 iBallista

iBallista

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Yep, great class. Thanks for all that you guys and gals put in to it. o7 Rok

#10 DirtiSanchez

DirtiSanchez
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

I enjoyed the class. I know im a certified carebear but the ideals presented make me realize that Im missing a good portion of the game. Hopefully, Ill be able to attend more classes in the future. Highly recommended!

#11 matzone

matzone
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

Pro stuff tbh worth every single ISK spent, I'm pretty sure I'll be joining other fleets as well. On top of that the second night was amazing, lots of fun and a very colorful killboard as well. Nothing really to complain about. o/ Necro Seven
Graduated:
BASIC-20120427

#12 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

Thanks to everyone that was onboard. As a roam we got some good fights off the bat and things just kept rolling. Hoping that from just taking fights in the begging to break the ice to trying to frustrate and out maneuver some bigger fleets gave you boys and girls some insight and fun too. AT least 3 of these engagements stand out. Glad to see some E Honor is still out there. Thanks Rotte. Looking forward to when we do all this again.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#13 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Thanny kill was very funny - might be nice if some of the peeps on roam gave Apathetic Brent some iskies to reward him for cancelling self-destruct/insurance stuff. I did as he came out to play and didn't take the "protect my efficiency" route at the end. I feel ever so sorry for the Tengu pilot, had he landed 10 seconds later he wouldn't have jumped with us. A big +1 for the person who got the point on him though B) For Claire xxx of Rote Kapelle who I bet will read this - well done for trying to help your buddy but HG snakes in an Abbadon are just :blink: For Mangala - I saw you within 10km and thought "fuck the primary" :D You welped us first time around anyway but seems Vora got away second time due to GG having him blued up :P Was fun. A really fun night boys and girls. I hope we all learned the value of patience when Caldak spent 10-20 minutes setting up that fight. He spent a lot of time explaining it which was much appreciated. +1 to GG & Malthraz for such good students, I don't remember any of them seriously screwing up; in fact I don't remember many (if any) of them jumping the gate by mistake. +1 to Sanfrey for flying a ship he obviously hates ;) I had a couple of Sabres at Stacmon but no bits to turn them into double bubble cloakies. +1 to Vjorn for calling. I thought there was still Agony on field so I thought I'd leave it to them, Vjorn did the right thing by stepping up. Oh and as always Caldak you manage to find viable fights where others would fail. It was a nice slow burn roam, got better the longer we went on. Those of you that were on TS at the end know I had a bit of a "windfall" in Jita today. I think once the goonies pause with their "we have 15,000 dessies to lose" campaign I will jump some stuff into either side of the F67 pipe. I'll contact GG about it as we need to have somewhere stocked for class reships. Running around like headless chickens trying to find a prop mod is no fun :( Will sort something out when Burn Jita is over....
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#14 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

For Mangala - I saw you within 10km and thought "fuck the primary" :D You welped us first time around anyway but seems Vora got away second time due to GG having him blued up :P Was fun.

Hey, that was a PERSONAL blue setting... from a prior roam ... some fight or another... well I fixed that problem now anyways ;) Hey, we got Mangala at least! ;)

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

m3gAb3q.png

#15 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

For Mangala - I saw you within 10km and thought "fuck the primary" :D You welped us first time around anyway but seems Vora got away second time due to GG having him blued up :P Was fun.

Hey, that was a PERSONAL blue setting... from a prior roam ... some fight or another... well I fixed that problem now anyways ;) Hey, we got Mangala at least! ;)

Excuses excuses we all know you let him go GG :P

Mangala said he'd be looking for me so I thought I'd return the favour second time around. Besides that how often do you end up within 10km of a Zealot in a Taranis without having to burn for it? I'll take that bit of luck ta :)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#16 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Wow! What a roam this was!!! Started out kinda disappointed in myself for losing 3 ships and a pod in each of the first 3 fights....lack of situational positioning on my part. However, I did feel i did a few things correctly to help the fleet......so more experiences for me to chew on and learn from. Mega kudo's to Neooen419 for sticking it out to the bitter end and not self destructing the Thanny! 'Twas my first ever cap kill. Much respect from me!!!!!!!!! As far as stepping up to call targets in the last fight......boy was that a scary feeling hehehe. That was my first time target calling, but it was made much easier for me by the excellent class instructors, Caldak for setting ewar roles prior to the fight, and all the students doing what they had learned! I don't remember who it was that said "just keep talking, Vjorn", but that was EXACTLY what i need to hear....thank you! I keep stating that I am always learning when I fly in the Agony Basic Class roams....and today was no exception. Thank you to all of Agony, alumni and students for a GREAT time today!

#17 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

I don't remember who it was that said "just keep talking, Vjorn", but that was EXACTLY what i need to hear....thank you!

It was either me or Caldak, as we both said it. Think one other said it too but can't remember. I kept typing to you in fleet to keep it up, keep on going, keep it up :)

I would never have known it was your first time target calling, Vjorn! You did great!

m3gAb3q.png

#18 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Started out kinda disappointed in myself for losing 3 ships and a pod in each of the first 3 fights....lack of situational positioning on my part. However, I did feel i did a few things correctly to help the fleet......so more experiences for me to chew on and learn from

I lost :

1) Vengeance + pod to RvB;
2) Taranis + pod to Sedition and friends;
3) Wolf to TEST about 15 seconds before we did temp blue :rolleyes: ;
4) Reaper to random bomb while scramming Thanny - "pro tip" carriers don't care about newbie ships, ammo is free and this reaper held onto the thanny when someone said "no points on thanny now"
5) Reaper to TEST 15 seconds after Thanny went down :rolleyes: ;
6) Half-fitted Rifter to whoever the last fight was with.

I think the last time I had this much fun was the fight in Covryn. Time to go lose some ships solo I think and I haven't felt like doing solo for a long time now.

So you didn't do so bad Vjorn in terms of losses :D
Today's word is :

#19 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

@ GG.......ummmm to be honest......I didnt look at that half of my screen during the fight :wacko: gotta check my logs now :P @ Othran....it wasnt so much how many ships I lost....but HOW I lost the ships hehehehe... ... but then again, I am trying to be a bit more aggressive....so perhaps that could be a measure of success??? :lol: Edit: for GG... hmmmm there may actually be a hidden lesson at not looking at my left side of the screen where all my chat windows are......to include Local (and intel)....

#20 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

@ GG.......ummmm to be honest......I didnt look at that half of my screen during the fight :wacko: gotta check my logs now :P

Edit: for GG... hmmmm there may actually be a hidden lesson at not looking at my left side of the screen where all my chat windows are......to include Local (and intel)....

Then you have the makings of a real good FC... my favorite FCs never seem to read chat cause they are too busy reading the field and the targets!! :)-

m3gAb3q.png

#21 Sanfrey

Sanfrey

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Bloody brilliant as always. I love how Caldak sets up a fight and draws the enemy into it, so many 'regular' FC's don't go to those lengths and it really separates the pro's from the wannabe's. It's the second time I've been in a fleet where Caldak's run an enemy fleet around in circles just to frustrate them into doing something stupid, and the second time it worked. So, it's been a few hours now, I may as well be the first to ask..... when's the next BASIC? *Grin*

Wow my classes were so long ago the link stopped working. Look I took a bunch of them ok? It was a long time ago. Just trust me on it.
Radioactive cats have 18 half lives. (Unless in a box, in which case they have half a chance of having no half lives.) 

#22 Othran

Othran

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Bloody brilliant as always. I love how Caldak sets up a fight and draws the enemy into it, so many 'regular' FC's don't go to those lengths and it really separates the pro's from the wannabe's. It's the second time I've been in a fleet where Caldak's run an enemy fleet around in circles just to frustrate them into doing something stupid, and the second time it worked.

So, it's been a few hours now, I may as well be the first to ask..... when's the next BASIC? *Grin*

I remember you from SP0RE Sanfrey - both from when I was in a GC alliance corp and in SP0RE. I don't know you well but.....

Just put in an app to rejoin Agony. Unless there is some dire history then you're the perfect match - you have some contacts with the longer-serving members of Agony but most of your old gangmembers are likely gone. You'd be a good bridge between old and new.

Do it.

Sorry, way off-topic guys.....
Today's word is :

#23 thalos

thalos
  • PipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for the good class! Couldn't make the roam, but I'll try to catch the next one. Looking forward to more classes (try to be considerate to EUtz players, pleaaaaase :D) And wow, Thanatos kill, great catch!

#24 Mithrellas Rusco

Mithrellas Rusco
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Thank you for the impressive class. Definitely I'll join next ones. +1 for being nice to EU players ;) Thanks Neooen419 for the Thanny. It was fun ;)

#25 Carathas

Carathas
  • PipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

This is my second BASIC after a long break and it was just as good the second time around. Props to all of the Agony folks who helped organise the class and run the roam. I'm only gutted I bailed out at 3:00am and missed the juicier half of the roam. I'll see you at the next Wolfpacks for sure and at some BASIC or roam in the future. I'd set you guys blue cause you're so much fun to fly with, but I know you don't want that. :D