Photo

New Dev Blog....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

So, the new dev blog lists the changes to drones and incursions.... with additional dev comments about the loot table changes with the upcoming April 24th Patch: http://community.eve...blog&nbid=28587 The T.L.D.R. -- 1.) Drone regions are having their security status moved more positive, meaning less really good ratting systems. 2.) Drones will no longer drop minerals, but give bounties instead. Doubtful they will drop anything else... 3.) Incursions are now changing.... Introducing more spawn variation, 10% reduction in vanguard payouts, and rats spawn on completion of a wave rather than a single rat. Most important hidden Dev Comment: A.) All t1 module drops will be replaced with 1 unit of metal scrap.... This means that all those people that thought Meta items would price change due to shifting loot tables were wrong... If you can capitalize on this... do so!!!!!!
BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

Practice Random Violence, and Senseless Acts of Beauty!

#2 Silas

Silas

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

So no more module drops? What? Or did I misunderstand? Aren't all module drops T1 except officer drops?

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#3 Kazuma Matsuki

Kazuma Matsuki

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Meta 0 drops will turn into scrap, all others will remain at the current/same drop rate (meta 1-4) - no shifting of the percentages by not having meta 0 drop anymore.
=========================
BASIC-20100701
ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100

#4 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

So no more module drops? What? Or did I misunderstand? Aren't all module drops T1 except officer drops?

No more meta 0 module drops
i.e. No More drops for:
1mn afterburner I,
Neutron Blaster Cannon 1,
1600mm steel plates, etc.....
instead, you get 1 unit of metal scrap instead....

Meta 1-4 will still drop like normal....
i.e. same drop rates for:
experimental 1mn afterburner,
Limited Neutron Blaster Cannons,
1600 reinforced tungsten plate, etc...
BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

Practice Random Violence, and Senseless Acts of Beauty!

#5 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Meta 0 drops will turn into scrap, all others will remain at the current/same drop rate (meta 1-4) - no shifting of the percentages by not having meta 0 drop anymore.

And since scrap metal now takes up a very small amount of cargo this will in a way will make looting NPC wrecks easier since you can carry more. Intead of a meta0 module taking 10-20 cargo you'll have some metal scrap taking up 0.1m3 or (some similarly small number...)

EDIT: I wonder if they'll break it and meta0 mods fitted on player ships get automatically converted to scrap as well :P.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

Except metal scraps reprocess to much less minerals then a typical meta 0 module.... so there will be a huge loss in minerals available to the market.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#7 Silas

Silas

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Except metal scraps reprocess to much less minerals then a typical meta 0 module.... so there will be a huge loss in minerals available to the market.

I'm really no expert on the market or industry... I do know, however, that after this change CCP only have to change one single thing (the reprocessing of scraps) to manipulate the amount of ISK created by those drops, where they before the patch had to manipulate a whole lot of stuff. If the prices skyrocket out of control at least they would be able to sort it out (kinda) from one patch to the next (not counting the time it would take the market to follow). Who knows what exactly will happen, though...

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#8 Othran

Othran

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

LOL @ poor old Etherium Reach losing its one and only -1.0 system. I guess the gate into V-IH6B in GW will be even more bubbled than it normally was/is :D Note for those unaware of V-IH - its where all the Russians in Etherium Reach (Solar xdeathx whatever) went to rat when they actually wanted isk rather than alloys. In gate used to have in excess of 100 bubbles on it, Russians used Vigils to get in/out.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.