Photo

[PVP-U] Under New Management

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Azual

Azual

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

After 2 years at the helm, I'm finally stepping down as the leader of Agony's PVP University in order to pursue other things.

I'd like to say a big thank you to all of you who have supported the university over the past few years, whether as student, alumni, instructor, or any combination of those. It's been great to meet and fly with you all, and I hope that I've made a positive difference to your Eve experiences.

Thankfully, I'm leaving PVP-U in safe hands - the capable trio of Greygal, Sancho and Brititos will be heading up the admin side, and with Maudite and Sadamu joining our instructing team too there should be plenty of classes for you to sink your teeth into.

Please join me in welcoming this merry band of victims volunteers to their new posts!

As for me, I'm sure you'll still see me on classes every now and then! :P
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#2 Othran

Othran

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Well done for carrying the flag for so long. I hope your replacements do as well. No pressure at all :P Edit - Maudite and Greygal certainly have what it takes to "front" PvP-U, they're good fun, said as much to them this week. Sancho, Brititos and Sadamu will hopefully not leave themselves doing the class prep. Come play with us :)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#3 Major Floor

Major Floor

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yes thanks Azual, your work for the Uni has been invaluable and is really appreciated. :)
Posted Image
BASIC - WOLFPACKS - STEALTH BOMBERS - FLYBYS

Fly it like you stole it

#4 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thanks, Azual, for such a great job with PVP-U! You've provided the face of Agony for a long time and I know I speak for a lot of people in EVE when I say that the world of 0.0 PvP would be a lesser place without you. You've been mentor and comrade to a hell of a lot of people and it was always appreciated. You've also made it a pleasure for those of us taking over the PVP-U duties. Your groundwork has made it easy for us to step right in and become part of this fantastic EVE institution. Well done!
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#5 Pappy Stirling

Pappy Stirling

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thank you Azual for all the long hours and hard work!

#6 xikorita

xikorita

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Congrats for everyone =D

#7 roigon

roigon

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

You've done an awesome job Azual, thanks for doing it. I totally understand that with preparations for next years CSM elections you simply don't have the time for PVP-U. I am sure that Greygal, Sancho and Brititos can fill your shoes in that role, and of course also congratulations to both them and Maudite and Sadamu.

#8 Brititos

Brititos

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

How it was... "Those who can't do, teach" :D
But seriously, avoid PB, it's nothing but a headache with 8 alliances trying to blue each other and pew pew each other as well... bloody mess

#9 Xolanie

Xolanie
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

All the best Azual

#10 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

gf
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#11 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Oh noes! I've been hit with the stealth Admin bomb! I thought you liked me! We'll all do our best to keep PVP-U at the excellent standards you've set. I cannot thank you enough for what I've learned from you both as a student, alumni, and finally as an Agony member. It's not going to be the same without you. Hrm... maybe, just maybe, one of our class fleets will hear the FC say "Primary is Azual, Azual is Primary" ... May the targets be plentiful where ever your wanderlust takes you, Azual.

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#12 ChildofDestruction

ChildofDestruction

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

King is dead, long live the Queen ! Its about time to make things run by a woman's hand and by all means; Hail to Azual for his great effort to make all of us a better PvP Capsuler for many years. Rest in peace buddy (or better crush and burn in fire alone in space) From now on, primary; Azual Skoll !
Posted Image

#13 Vora

Vora

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for all your efforts behind the stage that most students can only guess but never see, indeed a real altruist. And of course, for an RvBer you always will be primary (Mang told us so). :D

#14 Leonidas Tokugawa

Leonidas Tokugawa

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

Sorry to see you let go the reins but the time has come. You did a great job and from what I have seen you are leaving PVP-U in very good hands. Thank you for all your work and congrats on all who will be continuing on the good fight; I mean University. Fly Dangerously. B)
BASIC-20110902 | KISS CLUB | ROOKIESHIPSWARM-20120401
WOLFPACKS-20110917 | ADVANCED-20111216 | FLYBYS-20120324

Agony Lectures
Basic Fleet Command Seminar | Bubbles in 0.0 | Scouts and Skirmishers in PVP | Small Ship PvP | Soloing for Success

Posted Image

#15 Unbent

Unbent
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

The class and a half I was taught by Azual were quite a nice experience and from the other class and a half that Maudite taught, I'd say the PVP-U is still as recommendable as before. Sad to see you go (somewhere else), Azual, but I wish you loads of fun! Gz on the promotions to those that are now spearheading the PvP-U!

#16 Lady Dhalia

Lady Dhalia

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

King is dead, long live the Queen !

+1 ( not forgetting the other guys... ummm.. who ever they were ;) )

I love you guys! <3

#17 Smantis

Smantis

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Really a pleasure flying with you, I think you took my first basics class which was my first introduction to this wonderful world of blowing up ships for fun :). Welcome to all the new bods, I hope to do a lot more flying with you in the future. Eklest

#18 Azgard Majik

Azgard Majik
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Cheers Azual - my first instructor and I owe you a lot. That class removed my fear of losing a ship and going into 0.0; made me actually enjoy this wonderful game. All the best chief!

#19 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Just adding my sincere appreciation for all that you have done as PVP-U Director, as well as an instructor. You were my basic class instructor, and as such, the cause of my ship-explody thirst :P Best of luck in your future endeavors!

#20 Xel Set

Xel Set
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Congrats to both parties, the departing and the arriving. May you each enjoy this new leg of the path.

#21 Talr Shiar

Talr Shiar

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

i wish you well m8 u will be missed, good luck to the new "victims"