Sign-up thread was getting cluttered, so I have MOVED ALL DISCUSSION POSTS TO A NEW DISCUSSION THREAD Please theorycraft in the discussion thread thanks!
CCP has finally given our beloved Rookie ships some much-needed lovin' and attention! It is only fitting that we celebrate our Rookie ship's new paint jobs and take a whoppin' big fleet of them out and about, showing the universe the Power of the Rookie Ship! What better way to show our appreciation of the new Rookie ships than a Rookie Ship Roam on April Fool's Day? A (hopefully) big blob of Rookie ships roaming through nullsec like a pack of locusts, clearing the way of all targets in front of us, leaving masses of wrecks for the lurking looters and salvagers behind us.
Yes, really, a Rookie ship roam.
- Open to all Alumni of any Agony class, limit 50, plus Agony.
- Alcohol is not required but highly recommended
- A strong sense of humor IS required.
- Meet up in Stacmon V - Impro Factory in your favorite Rookie ship.
- Plan on roaming for two hours, maybe longer
- Fit it however you want, try to get as much DPS as you can. I'll ask some to fit for tackle at the time of the fleet, depending upon how many show up.
Want in on the fun? Sign up in the usual manner below!
List of Confirmed Alumni Attending:
- dizzy - Lolixx (R-FED)
- Othran - Othran ( B )
- Fitch - Drosstein Fitch (TS)
- Kaan - Threyer Kaan (VI)*
- Leonidas Tokugawa - Leonidas Tokugawa (TRECI)
- Tiercel - Tiercel Navarre (OOBK)
- Daedalus - Facta Nonverba (OOBK)
- Vora - Vora Dumem (R-FED)
- Unbent - Unbent John (ALBID)
- Metaloid - Metaloid (R-FED)
- DustyAkachi - Dusty Akachi (FZF)
- Laia Karie - Laia Karie (FZF)
- Polrena - Polrena (DICAD)
- Smantis - Eklest (BCMC1)
- Aethena - Aethraen Azizora (SQRLZ)
- Roddex - Roddex (TGWP)
- Metylteobromin - Metylteobromin[A..E]
- Kinroi - Kinroi Alari (PGGB)
- Xolanie - Xolanie (UKC)
- Nos - Noslen Nosilla (FLIC)
- Sir Locutus - Sir Locutus (SHCK)
- PD Yiffendale - PD Yiffendale (WEAZL)
- Crysantia - Crysantia (OOBK)
- Mekratrig - Mekratrig [R-FED]
- Dusk Nemesis - Dusk Nemesis (DWISH)
- Renegade Jake - Renegade Jake (MASQ.)
- Mr.O Swe - Linnea K (A 0 D)
- sp3lk rejoec (p4yn3)
- Onteros - Onteros (AMBVL)
- Korun Raa - Korun Raa (RKUL)
- Bitman - bitman (OOBK)
- Alain Kinsella - Sognec El'Kendan (D.HG)
- RageChild - RageChild (R-FED)
- sus4 - sus4 (R1FTA)
1. Dock in a station, leave your ship, undock in your pod
2. Warp to a station that you don't have a ship in.
3. Dock up, rookie ship spawned. Buy a station container.
4. Repackage the rookie ship, and store the hull in the station container.
5. Undock, cntrl-space to stop, wait out your 10-second session timer, redock. New rookie ship spawned! Repackage, store in container, rinse and repeat!
EDIT APRIL 1st, 05:35am:
Okay everyone, I was hoping to be able to go through all the suggested fits and ideas here and decide which ones would be our suggested fits for the roam, but a storm is blowing through my area right now and I keep losing power every two or three minutes. I'm writing this on my kindle right now with power out - and trying to copy/paste on the kindle is frustrating, to say the least!
So instead I'm going to just suggest that we balance out the fleet on the fly before we undock. We'll figure it out then. But basically the plan will be for some of us to fit points for tackling, those in fast(er) ships fit scrams and/or webs, those in velators fit for dps and carry two EC-300 drones for jamming, and everyone else fit the mid-slot item of your choice (damps in particular).
So basically plan on flying the rookie ship of your choice, the fit of your choice, that you think will be most FUN for you to fly!
Edited by Greygal, 01 April 2012 - 05:36 AM.
Great idea by Victor