Photo

Thanks for all the fish

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 roigon

roigon

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

I just wanted to leave a thanks to agony's pvp-u branch, and the people who take their time to make that happen.

Over the previous year I've done various classes as listed in my sig, joined alumni fleets in the recruitment push and on the side started signing up for rvb's ganked to get some form of "pvp" done.

This last few days I've seen the fruits of that labour when a few people pushed me to try solo roaming again. Unfortunately some Agony members had to lose some ships for that, but I'm sure it's for the best and they didn't want those ships anyway.

Either way, I wrote a blog post about my last two days and I figured since it featured quite a few agony pilots who brought the fight I'd leave a link to the blog post for your amusement or perhaps chagrin. Because obviously you have trained me too well. By no means do I think my learning is done, but since these where my first "proper" solo kills, I wanted to share.

Anyway, enjoy the fruits of your labour. http://www.the20minu...m-bear-to-pvper

No doubt we will be seeing each other again. o7

#2 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

That was a most excellent read, Roigon! One of my favorite lines: "...because you are not a single grunt among many, you are the only target on the field and you are always primary."

But giving away all of Caldak's secrets... tsk tsk! :) "But then I remember a tactic that Caldak from agony often used... "

Keep it up - you'll just get better and better!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#3 roigon

roigon

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Thanks Greygal, I will certainly try my best to become better, and about caldak's secrets. Well I'm sure he has plenty more tricks up his sleeve ;) Actually the thought of creating a caldak owned ship wreck has crossed me mind, would be nice since he's been my main instructor over the past year. *makes note on his todo list* Talking about excellent reads though, when will you be continuing your agony blog posts ;) (yes I'll keep nudging and pushing you about it :P )

#4 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ya I know, I'm total fail at getting back to that! And now that I've taught my first Basic class, I've got a great new experience to share! I'll get around to it Soon™ I promise! Right now I'm working on some more videos and dreaded Real Life stuff ... sigh...

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#5 Garulf Hirgon

Garulf Hirgon

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Roigon! I've never been written about in a blog before!

Meanwhile the first rifter goes *poof*.

:lol:

I was going to mention to Fletch that our likelyhood of survival was very slim to none, but when it comes to learning it is better to do than to hear. I engaged a Rapier once in an Incursus just...well, I'm not sure why. I knew what was going to happen because people said it was so, but I wanted to see for myself, I suppose.

Thanks for roaming around Syndicate, keep at it!

#6 Kaeda Maxwell

Kaeda Maxwell

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Oh look I get mentioned \o/

BASIC-20101226 (Kohana Maxwell)
WOLFPACKS-20101228 (Kohana Maxwell)
I R HAZ BLOG; http://kaedamaxwell.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

#7 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

When it comes to pvp, solo kills are one of best. I still remember my first 1v1 I won. And coincidently it was only after I took my first pvp-basic :)
First: Victory is Life!

#8 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

I don't remember the first solo kill. I do remember the first time I killed a properly fit Taranis with a Claw - 15% structure left but I knew he was dead from the moment he engaged. Someone in Agony was telling me not to engage but I can't remember who that was - it was an Echo Friday roam is all I remember about timescale. That gave me a huge amount of confidence for future solo work. The stupidest "solo" kill (someone else came in at the end - that's FW for you) was a Thorax. I was in a plated Thrasher and was so annoyed about people running away/me failing to get a scram on anyone all day that I went for it. It was only when I scrammed him that the thought of all the drones and blasters entered my head. Fortunately he had rails and my biggest worry was him deaggressing or something else arriving from Amamake. Solo kills or times when logis have resurrected me are pretty much the only fights I remember, the rest sort of blurs together, not that I do that much now. Was a nice read Roigon, especially nice that you did it with Agony people. Sort of closes the circle really - they taught you and now you're beating them. I'm sure they're delighted, can't do better than that with training mmm? :)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#9 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

Great read - I love the Grandmother line. Keep it up!
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#10 roigon

roigon

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Thanks for all the great replies guys. I don't specifically went after agony guys though Othran, it just so happened that it were consistently agony people who brought the fight. Flew ships I felt i could engage and resulted in interesting fights. Well I guess when you travel to 31- you are bound to find agony pilots zipping about, but still. Perhaps they are just the only ones crazy enough to sit in a rifter and think, "hmm a trasher. It'll probably kill us, but the least we can do is try.". Well and that Hydra pilot, who apparently had a few seconds of fame in the recent garmon 9 video. (in the form of getting shouted at for disturbing comms while garmon was trying to save his legion)

#11 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'd go for it were it me in the Rifter and I had a buddy around. I used to suicide tackle all sorts of stuff in Rifters - admittedly that was more a case of "what the hell, nothing ventured, nothing gained" than actually having a viable plan :D . I remember Vagas and Rapiers were usually my nemesis, but at least with the Vaga, if you land a scram and overheat the repper you can hold him. Bloody Rapiers did my head in, never did come up with a repeatable method of holding them for long in a Rifter while being double-webbed myself. Doesn't matter what you lose as long as you're having fun. I have absolutely no idea how many kills or deaths I have, couldn't care less TBH as long as its fun.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.