Photo

[FEEDBACK] Wolfpack Feb 10th/11th

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

If you have any feedback on the class (or roam, after tomorrow) content, we'd love to hear it. Good, bad, ugly, whatever. This was my first teaching experience, so it would be especially helpful to hear about anything I could do better. And remember that your instructors are always happy to receive tips! :)
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#2 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

OK, now that the roam is done too let's hear some feedback, please!
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#3 sovai

sovai

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

I thought the course and it's content was great. I especially like the section on bubble mechanics as that is something that you hear a lot about in various forms, but unless you talk to someone who works with them regularly, you never really get the specifics on. Thanks a lot to both Maudite9 and Azual for the course and the roam! Sovai

#4 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Thanks to the scouts and skirmishers as always. For those after non-stop action, not the greatest roam ever. But for those after disciplined comms and patiently hunting targets it was perfect. Maudite and Azual both did a fantastic job. Needless to say I very much enjoyed it. I even got to fire lasers for a change. I was pleasantly surprised by what we saw of the HSSR destroyer concept but to be fair it wasn't really tested. We'll see how things go next time.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#5 Dreadeye

Dreadeye
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Thx for a very informative class And a good job too Maudite 9 for the teaching, you did well on your first class. good clear comms, and a good thing that you took time to explains things. Im glad that you didnt cover the reading material, as you did on the basics, i read that material and thought that part was a waste of time. On the other it might be a good idea to ask if there are any questions to the said reading material. Another thing is that im a bit annoyed about isthat other students answer questions in fleet chat. They may be right or the may not, and as much as i like to flash my knowledge towards others or help out, i think its best that the instructors answer theese questions. Firstly is that i have paid for the course and if i want answers in general i can ask them in my alliance chat. secondly, it is better to hear a verbal answer than text cause this will be much more clear. There could though be some agony volunteers that answer some questions in fleet chat. Thx. again, hope to so you all on cov ops soon ;)

#6 Dreadeye

Dreadeye
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

i read that material and thought that part was a waste of time.

Not the reading material, but that it was covered again :)

edit: and to clarify again, the questions from instructors to students are okay. My issue was regarding questions from students being answered by other students. hope this makes sense :)

#7 Othran

Othran

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thanks Maudite, I can see you becoming a regular class instructor/FC, very nice job first time out. Well earned +1 from me B)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#8 Fitch

Fitch

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Feedback Class: Well structured. Built upon the foundations provided in Wiki with out repeating and lots of additional material. The practical excercises demonstrating bubble mechanics were an excellent way to learn. I personally would have preferred the chance to repeat the practical exercises (but hey, I can also attend class again and/or get out into the wild to practice). Good clear presentation by both Azual and Maudite9. Maudite9, congrats on taking your first class, I thought you did very well. I hope you enjoyed the experience and will go on to take a fair few more classes. From a learning perspective it was helpful to have alternating topics taught by the different instructors, a new voice to focus on for a new topic. Roam: Another great experience. Really enjoyed this roam, being a bit more relaxed and confidant than on Basic, having more time to listen, try to pick up and learn as much as possible, and appreaciate what is happening tactically. Big thanks to Maudite9 and Azual for class and FCing; to Agony Members, Alumni and Students alike for making it possible, ensuring we got some kills and had fun. Fitch.

#9 Clementina

Clementina
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Fleet Comms disipline was very good, almost too good. I liked the bubble discussion during the first day, it taught me a lot. I was exceptionally busy between when I signed up and when we flew so I couldn't read the materials as much as I would have liked to. A little practice with manual flying on the first day might be useful, particularly if there is more to learn than taught in Basic. (I found myself either using the spiraling technique from Basic or consciously deciding not to depending on the situation, so the Basic class I went to must have been good). I think it is good for the students to answer some of the questions, this causes them to think about it more and helps retension from a educational point of view. Although retension should be good on the second day because you have to pay attention (Even with the nervousness of potentially being killed might decreese learning somewhat). I think we could have taken that RvB fleet.Yes, they outnumbered us 3 to 1 but they were moving like cold molassas, we could have surely split them. I don't know how, but I think it was possible.

#10 rada ion

rada ion
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Great class once again. Some of the the early class portion was repetitive (from basic) but still good to hear again as a refresher.

#11 Vora

Vora

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Just for the giggles.... that happened to the fleet that ought to meet us:

Behold the Holy Hand Granade!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OgtNJoP8E8

Roll back a few months... I was in a Ganked fleet of t1 cruisers trying to meet up with an Agony advanced class which was just working on a carrier somewhere around M2-. When we entered F67 we were hotdropped and mauled by RnK...
It is said that history doesn't repeat itself but it's a fucking good imitator.
Thankfully this time I was in the other fleet.
Cheers to Rooks and Kings!

#12 Garan

Garan
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

Well organised and run. Two instructors did help to keep the concentration on since classes are quite long. Learned a lot about bubbles, something being a hi-sec bear I was definitely missing. Personally I would appreciate if there were more practical sessions focused on gate camps and the ways to try escaping em (basically those squad escape drills) but that's only a minor thing in an otherwise great class. The roam was very good imho, the only glitch being confusion with RvB becuase their spais were sucky and did not report our fleet's location to Mangala :lol:. All in all, great job guys. Looking forward to more advanced classes and some roaming as alumni :)

#13 Hitonme

Hitonme
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

Once again, most of what was covered I have been taught within the uni. However as always you guys seem to give it a much more practical and real world sense than simply teching the mechanics. Excellent class, excellent material and for a first timer you were impressively well prepared Maudite :) As for the roam, okay it wasn't quite as epic as the basic, but crashing that gate camp was awesome and a very introduction to the Dessie (I've never flown one before and have no skills for them) but it was a blast (i wish the uniblob could move that quickly and decisively). It was a shame we never found more targets but living in the low sec camp teaches patience ..... look forward to being educated by you some time in the near future and I still have several ships in Stacmon so hopefully I will see you on am alumni roam sometime soon. Fly safe o7

#14 Othran

Othran

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Nice bombing camp there Vora. Touch of overkill but that's RnK for you ;)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#15 Othran

Othran

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

The roam was very good imho, the only glitch being confusion with RvB becuase their spais were sucky and did not report our fleet's location to Mangala :lol:.

Their "spies" were good enough to report some of our fleet chat PDQ, isn't that right Kaeda :P
Today's word is :