Photo

[FEEDBACK] Basic Jan 13th/14th

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#26 Lennox Sinclair

Lennox Sinclair
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

Excellent class. Tons of useful information during the theory portion, though as has been mentioned before some practical work with dscan would have been nice. Overall, a superb introduction to PvP mechanics. With regard to the roam, that was the best chunk of action I've seen since I started playing and was well worth the price of admission. I had a blast and I will be keeping a keen eye out for future classes. I will also be passing on my recommendation for the course to anybody who is even peripherally interested in PvP.

#27 Othran

Othran

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

While they are in no way as structured as the wonderful classes Agony offer, I do feel they are a good alternative way to experience nullsec.

"Burn them all" isn't generally something you hear shouted by the FC on Agony classes :P

Amusing watching someone named after a (defunct) UK internet service provider get popped though. That was a blast from the past :blink:

Thanks for putting up the video Mangala.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#28 Sanfrey

Sanfrey

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

I knew a lot had changed in mechanics recently and I hadn't been keeping track. I was hoping that Agony had updated their courses to cover the changes, and I was right. Somehow I'd missed that dropping bubbles now aggro's a dictor.. Also as alumni, I thought I'd try something I wasn't familiar with. For me, that's ECM; I've never flown caldari so it's never been something I've used much. I didn't have a feel for how effective it would be, how it would work at range, how long the cycle times are and so on, so I flew a Kitsune and got some practice in. The thing that I learned was that it was worth while creating two special ECM overview settings, for Preferred ECM targets and Secondary ECM targets. On the preferred targets, I put logistics ships and one or two others. On the other setting I put everything else that it would be worth ECMing, leaving off ships that weren't going to matter. This way I could quickly filter out the battlefield for the best targets to jam. Also, although the course notes advise calling the loss of jamming, I didn't; and I don't think anyone else did either. We heard targets called as jammed, but comms were busy enough without adding 'jam lost'. i think we had enough ECM that it didn't matter. I think I'll come to more classes as alumni, and be sure to try something outside my comfort zone. I couldn't get away with taking a kitsune on a roam with my alliance!! Thanks for the class Azual, it was nice to occasionally hear little bits of script that I wrote still in use too :D But you've seriously upgraded the course since my time. It's also clear that you work very hard as an instructor because you make it look so easy, and I sure as hell know it's not! CU next time Sanfrey (aka illusive, aka paskis, depending on which toon is available to roam in :)

Wow my classes were so long ago the link stopped working. Look I took a bunch of them ok? It was a long time ago. Just trust me on it.
Radioactive cats have 18 half lives. (Unless in a box, in which case they have half a chance of having no half lives.) 

#29 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

Sanfrey (aka illusive, aka paskis, depending on which toon is available to roam in :)

You cheeky bastard! Good to see you.

#30 Vora

Vora

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

I love you really ;)

"Kill 'em all, burn everything!"
"I want the other RvBers dead."
"Get Vora!"
"Whore as many killmails as you can."

This is my boss Posted Image

PS: Super roam.

#31 Jysella

Jysella

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

I expected that this would be a well-run class and a good roam with some hapless fools trying to get boatloads of "free kills" dying to a cloud of frigates. What it was was entirely different - it was epic. Not in the way that hearing Mangala shout "Bump the Erebus!" is epic, but in the way that doing more isk in damage in a single day than in a month and a half of RvB is epic. Unfortunate that the carriers at the end didn't want to come out and play, but quite the experience nevertheless. Can't wait to bring an inty to the next BASIC as an alumnus. :D
BASIC-20120108 WOLFPACKS-20120420 COVOPS-20130420
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

Yes, this is my freighter. No, I won't help you move.