Photo

Forum Server Move

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Over the next few days we will be moving our forums and other sites over to a new server. If you are unable to connect, just try again later. Hopefully the process won't be too painful.

UPDATED: The forum & kb move will happen on Today, Dec 19 starting around 21:00 (game time) and continue until I feel like it. I'll leave the forums in read only mode for as long as possible. Go kill shit.

#2 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

Skrewed, you realise that every time an Admin says that, the entire database is lost and the DNS reconfig takes 400 attempts and requires sacrificing a small child to make work, right?
"Who the F is this knob?"

#3 Sadamu

Sadamu

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:05 AM

If you are unable to connect, just try again later.

Which is to say, go kill stuff instead.

In EVE, not Skyrim, I mean.
Just to be clear.

BASIC-20110805 | WOLFPACKS-20110917 | COVOPS-20111119

Jeg er ikke sint, bare veldig veldig skuffet.

#4 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

yeah draelor, stfu

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#5 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Change over will happen on Monday.

#6 Othran

Othran

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

Hope it goes OK, I've been doing much the same on a live production system today; switched over 21 minutes ago and no problems yet, site is accepting/processing orders OK and hasn't lost any in the few seconds of switchover. Time for a beer or 3 I think.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#7 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

UPDATED: The forum & kb move will happen on Today, Dec 19 starting around 21:00 (game time) and continue until I feel like it. I'll leave the forums in read only mode for as long as possible. Go kill shit.

#8 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

Lots of new stuff. Skin has to be upgraded. I'll turn it on for a while so that you all can start bitching now.

#9 Lady Dhalia

Lady Dhalia

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

o/ u rule!

I love you guys! <3

#10 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Lots of new stuff. Skin has to be upgraded. I'll turn it on for a while so that you all can start bitching now.

My eyes!

#11 Marvin

Marvin

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

My eyes!

This is what brought me to this section, can't say it's horrid but some of the icons could be better as a personal preference. But then again I know I don't like much of the current GUI changes all round which seems to be popular.

/me goes off to work in vi

Skrewed, you realise that every time an Admin says that, the entire database is lost and the DNS reconfig takes 400 attempts and requires sacrificing a small child to make work, right?

These things tend to happen when an application is moved to a new server and the developers that maintain software interacting with said application is only notified a few hours before the actual change over is started...

#12 vRava

vRava

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:36 AM

Great job man, the new forums are quite nice!
--
To all the worriers - Meh, hot switch over on a production system, business as usual. Which reminds me ...

Posted Image
BASIC-20091003 | WOLFPACKS-200910242300
My father used to say that not playing to win is like sleeping with your sister. Sure she's a great piece of tail, with a blouse full of goodies, but... it's just illegal. Then you get into that whole inbred thing. Kids with no teeth who do nothing but play the banjo... eat apple sauce through a straw... pork farm animals.

#13 Othran

Othran

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Looks OK, doesn't insist on javascript to do stuff. Its an improvement on the last forums/site.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#14 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

really not liking the new forum at all....

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#15 Silivay

Silivay

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

The "Joining Agony Empire FAQ and New Applicant Questionnaire" link on http://www.agony-unl...-of-recruiters/
is not working. Has recruitment been slow ;)
“Moros' are like dinosaur, you have to hold really still.” ― Deran Francks
BASIC-20101226 * WOLFPACKS-20101228 * FLYBYS-20110212 * COVOPS-20110219 * ADVANCED-20111216

#16 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

The "Joining Agony Empire FAQ and New Applicant Questionnaire" link on http://www.agony-unl...-of-recruiters/
is not working. Has recruitment been slow ;)

Wiki is still down.