Photo

[ Stealth Bomber ] - Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#1 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

Can everyone that is coming along please load the test server for the class. Meet will be 31-MLU for the class.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#2 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Ugh..... I'll try.... My success ratio for loading sisi has been less than 50% for the past 11 months :( BTW, depending on when last mirror was, skills may be less than desired for some.. Edit: YAY!!!! my success ratio just climbed :D

Edited by Vjorn, 14 November 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#3 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

BTW, depending on when last mirror was, skills may be less than desired for some..

Yeah I was just going to say you have some people who are getting skills trained just in time for class. They're not going to have them on sisi.

Probably have to work around - I can guess why you want class portion there.

Edit - looks like last mirror was 8 November (from Winter release thead on eve-o) 30 Oct, people with critical skills (ie ones to actually fly a bomber) finishing close to class date might want to have a check to see if that's going to mess you up.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#4 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Two points of interest: 1. I THINK the discount shopping center closest to Stacmon is Agoze (lowsec). Could be wrong, I think I only checked TOWARDS nullsec. 2. Unless I'm mistaken, Sisi has a patch that makes it impossible for something with a covops cloak to be decloaked by something else with a covops cloak (yay!). TQ does not have this patch. I have no idea if we're going to be learning to do bombing runs assuming we will decloak each other or won't decloak each other. However, be aware that Sisi will not be giving you "feedback" (decloaking you) if you mess up in benign conditions, whereas TQ, to my knowledge, will still give you that feedback. I guess my mission for this week is to spend some time on Sisi getting settings and overview working correctly. Anyone know if it's as simple as copying a folder over? I think I tried and failed at that. Also, there is something I've been using called Singularity launcher or something, it's relatively painless to get the test server up and running (i.e. I did it). Again, I'm ignorant of what's going to be taught but if there's something in the tactics that require us to have some standardized or minimum distance, it may be helpful to know ahead of time (primarily for rigging purposes, i.e. missile velocity vs. dps vs. explosion radius etc). Lastly, Caldak will the lessons include use of lockbreaker and void bombs? Can't forget my EWAR roots... I know these are situational and many people disdain them, but I have to believe they're very effective in certain situations.

#5 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

I guess my mission for this week is to spend some time on Sisi getting settings and overview working correctly. Anyone know if it's as simple as copying a folder over? I think I tried and failed at that.

Export your TQ overviews to somewhere like "Documents" (you should have done this anyway to save your sanity on Eve/Windows reinstalls) then simply import them to sisi via the overview when you launch that. Bookmarks will be unsorted - that's in a folder client-side but take little time to sort.

People should note that unless you have been using sisi to play with bombers then your skills are possibly 15 days behind TQ. You probably want to get on sisi ASAP and check where the characters skills are.

Edit - wooo someone set Heimatar on fire. Amamake looks much more like it should have done. +1
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#6 qwertz_fan

qwertz_fan

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Well John mentioned Sisi launcher, might as well post the link to it. http://wiki.eveonlin...i/Sisi_Launcher howto: 1. copy our existing TQ client to new folder. 2. run Sisilauncher and point it to your TQ copy 3. click "Repair my Test client" 4. wait patiently for it to finish. The download is roughly 700MB if I remember correctly. Oh, and a word of advise to people paying with Plex: It is seemingly possible to have your account expire on Sisi. Plex are on the Sisi market, but if you can't log in anymore you might be out of luck. Update: You can't apply Plex. (derp)

#7 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Even if your skills aren't perfect, you can do the drills. Bombing, tackling in a Cov ops, light a Cyno, use a bridge, do a tackle, run a camp. All without fear of loosing ISK. Nothing like live fire soldier.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#8 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

1. I THINK the discount shopping center closest to Stacmon is Agoze (lowsec). Could be wrong, I think I only checked TOWARDS nullsec.

There's one in X-M2 so pod it up or ask for a move (if they still do that). No need to fly stuff up, although its nice for the new nebulas.

Off topic but OMG people are going to be SO screwed with the way the jump button works now. I foresee epic lulz and FCs tearing their hair out (if they have any left) :lol:
Today's word is :

#9 Silas

Silas

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Off topic but OMG people are going to be SO screwed with the way the jump button works now. I foresee epic lulz and FCs tearing their hair out (if they have any left) :lol:

? ? ?

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#10 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

? ? ?

You jump into MHC, you're going F67. You click on the out gate and oh look, your jump icon isn't greyed out. Click on that then you WTZ AND jump into F67. Going to be very very funny I think ;)
Today's word is :

#11 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Well John mentioned Sisi launcher, might as well post the link to it.

http://wiki.eveonlin...i/Sisi_Launcher

howto:
1. copy our existing TQ client to new folder.
2. run Sisilauncher and point it to your TQ copy
3. click "Repair my Test client"
4. wait patiently for it to finish.

The download is roughly 700MB if I remember correctly.

Oh, and a word of advise to people paying with Plex: It is seemingly possible to have your account expire on Sisi. Plex are on the Sisi market, but if you can't log in anymore you might be out of luck.

Update: You can't apply Plex. (derp)

Thanks for linking what I was too lazy to look up.
Regarding expired accounts on sisi, it can happen to you for no reason (a fully paid and up to date account of mine got deactivated), but there is a thread on the test server feedback forum that you can post in and they reactivate in batches. It took a few days for my batch to go through though. To be on the safe side you may consider asking for a reactivation in that thread now on the character you want to use Saturday, regardless of whether you have the client installed yet or not to check your activation status.

#12 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Lastly, Caldak will the lessons include use of lockbreaker and void bombs? Can't forget my EWAR roots... I know these are situational and many people disdain them, but I have to believe they're very effective in certain situations.

I can't see why we wouldn't drop/discuss them, I've used lockbreaker on TQ once - was OK for that situation as it got three ships out. Void - I can see reasons for it, never actually seen it used. This is sisi though so why not?
Today's word is :

#13 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

Even if your skills aren't perfect, you can do the drills.
Bombing, tackling in a Cov ops, light a Cyno, use a bridge, do a tackle, run a camp.

ummm no cyno's in w-space, therefore that is a skill I never trained. So, class is on Sisi; I assume the roam will still be on TQ? If so, do I need to get a few levels of cyno theory under Vj's belt prior to the roam?

All without fear of loosing ISK.

Nothing like live fire soldier.

Why am I getting the feeling that there are some "pesky Agony" pilots wringing their hands in anticipation??? :P (I read the history today, btw)

#14 Smantis

Smantis

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

? ? ?

You jump into MHC, you're going F67. You click on the out gate and oh look, your jump icon isn't greyed out. Click on that then you WTZ AND jump into F67. Going to be very very funny I think ;)

The jump button now works when you are not within jump range of a gate. If you are closer then 150km you will now approach and auto-jump though the gate. If you are within warp range you will warp to zero of a gate and auto jump though. A bit weird but am getting used to it.

#15 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

ummm no cyno's in w-space, therefore that is a skill I never trained. So, class is on Sisi; I assume the roam will still be on TQ? If so, do I need to get a few levels of cyno theory under Vj's belt prior to the roam?

I could be wrong but I suspect that's why the covops class is running in parallel ;)
Today's word is :

#16 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

The jump button now works when you are not within jump range of a gate. If you are closer then 150km you will now approach and auto-jump though the gate. If you are within warp range you will warp to zero of a gate and auto jump though. A bit weird but am getting used to it.

Yes but can you imagine it late on in a roam. Everyone who uses the icons is conditioned to click the icon furthest right which is active. "Warp yourself down to the gate and hold"...."Oh for fu..." :lol:

I suggest we all start learning shortcuts.

A +1 however is the new AP - eg I click on Stacmon in assets and set destination; I undock and hit AP; go AFK and when I come back I am docked in Stacmon top station. The carebears will love it but it will SO bite them on the bum in low/null-sec. Lovely.

Edit - its so convenient. Great idea for high-sec.

Edit2 - yeah I did fly all the way, wanted a look at new nebulas. Heimatar is burning, looks great.
Today's word is :

#17 Kalar Freno

Kalar Freno

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Yes but can you imagine it late on in a roam. Everyone who uses the icons is conditioned to click the icon furthest right which is active. "Warp yourself down to the gate and hold"...."Oh for fu..." :lol:

Protip: If you do catch yourself doing this, you can save your dignity by Ctrl+Spacebar while in warp. You'll still get to the gate at 0, but it won't jump you through. (Or so I'm told - I haven't actually tried it)

re: alternative bombs, I don't think I'll get my bomb deployment skill to 4 before the class, so I won't be able to use whichever bomb it is that requires that. Though I think I have 3mil unspent SP on Sisi so I could potentially use them there.

#18 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Protip: If you do catch yourself doing this, you can save your dignity by Ctrl+Spacebar while in warp. You'll still get to the gate at 0, but it won't jump you through. (Or so I'm told - I haven't actually tried it)

That works. It tells you "you can't do that..." but it works. I should have tried that - CTRL-SPACE is the new right-click :)

However it still requires you to notice you did it and you don't jump immediately anyway, you seem to slowboat in to about 1200m. There's going to be loads and loads of CFs when this goes live as all it says is "warping to <xyz> gate"

Way way off-topic, sorry.
Today's word is :

#19 qwertz_fan

qwertz_fan

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

Just an update for people with activation problems on Sisi. (if any)

Don't bother with petitions, they just get rejected. The thread in the test server feedback forum is the only way to resolve this kind of problem.

#20 Marvin

Marvin

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

Well John mentioned Sisi launcher, might as well post the link to it.

http://wiki.eveonlin...i/Sisi_Launcher

howto:
1. copy our existing TQ client to new folder.
2. run Sisilauncher and point it to your TQ copy
3. click "Repair my Test client"
4. wait patiently for it to finish.

The download is roughly 700MB if I remember correctly.

Oh, and a word of advise to people paying with Plex: It is seemingly possible to have your account expire on Sisi. Plex are on the Sisi market, but if you can't log in anymore you might be out of luck.

Update: You can't apply Plex. (derp)

Thanks will try to get this going when I go sleep tonight. I've not visited sisi ever due to lack of data bandwidth but I'll get by this month.

Skills itself won't be an issue for me though. Seeing that I have had the SB skills for ages

#21 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Nothing like live fire soldier.

So then we are going on Sisi because???

If this were a carrier class or a machariel class or a titan class I could understand, but we can't afford to lose a few t2 frigates???

Will the roam be on TQ?
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#22 Metaloid

Metaloid

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Can everyone that is coming along please load the test server for the class.
Meet will be 31-MLU for the class.

Is that for cov-ops class students too?

#23 Vora

Vora

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Just went in and wow! With the new nebula, new warp effect, new font, engine trails and visible session timer optically it's the biggest thing since Trinity. But the "warp & jump" button will surely make the next BASIC classes hilarious (Caldak will not only need a bucketfull of coffee but a few Valiums as well) :lol: SiSi will bring some problems though... not only the mirrored skills (not for me). I just tried to get to 31-MLU on foot since there was no GM on the moveme channel. The lowsec gates were totally shut down so I tried the highsec route to get at least as far as Orvolle. Well, it worked until an unannounced 1-minute countdown started four systems out and shut the cluster down.

#24 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Well, I've let the Sisi idea percolate for a few hours and I'm gonna skip this one. If that decision is final, please open up my slot (not sure why the sign-up thread is closed it says 30+Agony and there's only 24) and send me a refund. Thanks.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#25 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Frankly, I can see where having the class(es) on sisi can be advantageous. Firstly, yes there is the isk factor....but not only for the students! More importantly tho, is that Agony now has the ability to set up specific scenarios to enforce what they want to teach us, and have us repeat it if necessary 'til we get it right ;) So far, the best example of using sisi to it's potential is Garmon and AT9...