• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Meldgaard

Meldgaard

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

In case you haven't notice

I am sure this will make you happy.
Posted Image

Deran Francks > And we really don't operate with reds/blues etc. To be honest, feel free to set us red - it means more fights for us.

#2 Silas

Silas

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

In case you haven't notes

Indeed we have "notes" :)

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#3 Carver

Carver

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#4 Meldgaard

Meldgaard

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

In case you haven't notice

Indeed we have "notes" :)

I even had to look it up to get the joke :(

But good to see you still are watching over the forum, making sure everything are proper spelled. <3
Posted Image

Deran Francks > And we really don't operate with reds/blues etc. To be honest, feel free to set us red - it means more fights for us.

#5 Silas

Silas

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

But good to see you still are watching over the forum, making sure everything are proper spelled. <3

You still spelled it wrong btw, but I'll leave it up to you to figure that out. So when will we see you back in Agony, then? :)

On subject... The corp bookmarks looks like a good change. Will be interesting to see how they implement it, though.

Posted Image

#6 Meldgaard

Meldgaard

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

You still spelled it wrong btw, but I'll leave it up to you to figure that out. So when will we see you back in Agony, then? :)

Crap i cant even use a dictionary. But I dont know, the only fun thing i did in eve for the last month was fighting agony, and i dont really have time or money to play EVE before i am done with my master... So I will guess when the winter expansion are comes out ;).

On subject... The corp bookmarks looks like a good change. Will be interesting to see how they implement it, though.

I want to believe in the new ccp, so i hope they do better then when they moved fittings to the server and only made room to 50 fits.
Posted Image

#7 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

I want to believe in the new ccp, so i hope they do better then when they moved fittings to the server and only made room to 50 fits.

Yeah .... currently I'm a bit worried about the implementation and fear a "limited to 50 bookmarks, good luck with that" sort of deal. Until I see more details, I don't have high hopes.

Edit: Also o/ Meldgaard ... one of these days we have to go roam again so you can get me killed per usual :P

Edited by DaDutchDude, 04 November 2011 - 09:30 PM.

"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#8 Leon Razor

Leon Razor

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

Saw the new vid and came here to post this. You all better tell them on the forums that 50 won't cut it, and they need to be thinking 4 digit numbers.
oz9cB.png

📹 YouTube Playlists 📷 Albums

#9 Gavin

Gavin

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:17 AM

5 digit numbers, I'd say. I have over 3000 gate approach bookmarks myself, and I'd expect some of you guys have more.
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

BASIC 20100702 <|> WOLFPACKS 20100828 <|> ADVANCED 20110102

COVOPS 1909101800 <|> SKIRMISH - 20110129

#10 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

5 digit numbers per region, right?
"Who the F is this knob?"

#11 Othran

Othran

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Corp bookmarks are nice (although always "compromised" IME) but its simple enough to go a step further and REMOVE the copy limit of 5. I cba looking (its on old forums) but one of the db devs confirmed that there's no reason for it any longer. So if we could just copy 1000 BMs across in one go then it wouldn't be such a nightmare and you could probably just give (real) corp bookmarks to (core) people same way as now, but without the pain.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#12 Leon Razor

Leon Razor

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Corp bookmarks are nice (although always "compromised" IME) but its simple enough to go a step further and REMOVE the copy limit of 5.

I cba looking (its on old forums) but one of the db devs confirmed that there's no reason for it any longer.

So if we could just copy 1000 BMs across in one go then it wouldn't be such a nightmare and you could probably just give (real) corp bookmarks to (core) people same way as now, but without the pain.

Your point makes a lot of sense. Since the server side limit is much too low for all of the tactical bookmarks, just remove the copy limit cap. I see the "new" corp bookmarks mainly useful for things like wormholes, POS, etc, and maybe a way to quickly share bookmarks in the field.

I'll post on the the EVE forums about this, maybe we can get their attention. Do you still have the link to the dev post so I can refer to it?
oz9cB.png

📹 YouTube Playlists 📷 Albums

#13 Othran

Othran

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

Corp bookmarks are nice (although always "compromised" IME) but its simple enough to go a step further and REMOVE the copy limit of 5.

I cba looking (its on old forums) but one of the db devs confirmed that there's no reason for it any longer.

So if we could just copy 1000 BMs across in one go then it wouldn't be such a nightmare and you could probably just give (real) corp bookmarks to (core) people same way as now, but without the pain.

Your point makes a lot of sense. Since the server side limit is much too low for all of the tactical bookmarks, just remove the copy limit cap. I see the "new" corp bookmarks mainly useful for things like wormholes, POS, etc, and maybe a way to quickly share bookmarks in the field.

I'll post on the the EVE forums about this, maybe we can get their attention. Do you still have the link to the dev post so I can refer to it?

I have no idea where the post is - was on old forums which eve-search no longer indexes. Was just a thread re bookmarks where someone asked why 5 bms max, I told them and said I didn't think the original reason for it was still a problem. Dev came on, gave a bit more history of it then said it wouldn't be a problem to copy lots more now.

Sorry, I can't even give you a timescale to seach except to say it was after 2009, maybe early 2010.

Edit I wish he'd do it now - I got 300+ to copy to main which I've been putting off for a while now. I actually don't bother creating new alts now for anything other than sale for the simple reason I cannot face the prospect of copying 8000 tacs (was what it was last year, dunno now). I know I could probably get away with copying a lot less but every time I've done that in the past its bitten me on the bum.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#14 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

8000?? Holy Cripes!! and I'm shuddering just thinking copying 500 from vj to bj...

#15 Othran

Othran

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Its an unmitigated nightmare Vjorn and that's why I just make alts to sell now :(
Today's word is :

#16 Nareg Maxence

Nareg Maxence

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Devblog http://www.eveonline...=blog&nbid=3113 250 Bookmarks.. So useless for you guys.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?30756]BASIC-0707071707 [/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?33250]WOLFPACKS-1908071800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70929]ADVANCED-050320081900[/link]

#17 Sarek Minyatar

Sarek Minyatar

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

250 Bookmarks.. So useless for you guys.

not useless, depending on how the "up to 5min" thing works out in practice this could be awesome for scouts.

also: HA-LE-LU-JAH: "Oh wait we also moved the location folder structure to the server which means that no longer will your bookmarks be lost to cache issues on your end."

#18 dzu

dzu

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

HA-LE-LU-JAH: "Oh wait we also moved the location folder structure to the server which means that no longer will your bookmarks be lost to cache issues on your end."

Praise be!

#19 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

8000?? Holy Cripes!!

and I'm shuddering just thinking copying 500 from vj to bj...

Moving them can be done "relatively" quickly in bulk. It's the copying/creating that takes forever.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Aluchem

Aluchem

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

The only fun thing i did in eve for the last month was fighting agony.

Please tell me you are in Syndi Meld, I think I would treasure a killmail of your Ishkur as much as a bear trophy, and find it as difficult to obtain :P
Posted Image

Back 5 minutes, already causing trouble
- Dybbuch

#21 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

Right so now everything is on the server, nothing at all stored client-side anymore. We've made the transitions from having everything stored client side to just folders and now no data at all regarding bookmarks is stored client-side. So why can't we share those bookmarks between accounts now? Its clearly possible to share bookmarks with an entire corp, so sharing between characters on seperate accounts is clearly also possible.
Today's word is :

#22 Silas

Silas

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

So why can't we share those bookmarks between accounts now? Its clearly possible to share bookmarks with an entire corp, so sharing between characters on seperate accounts is clearly also possible.

Post it on eve-o...

Though, it's not as easy as you would make it sound. There's no defininf feature connecting two random accounts (possibly owned by the same person) like there is for characters in the same corp. This means CCP would have to implement som sort of feture for this, a box where you type in the character name etc. to share bookmarks? Imagine the rage if someone through their own stupidity manages to share with the wrong character. It's definately possible... but it has to be designed, programmed and made to work properly and I don't see a way of implementing that feature in a way that makes sense off the top of my head.

Posted Image

#23 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

Its on eve-o already. I can see complications between accounts, but sharing tacs between characters on the same account should have been implemented ages ago. You could quite easily tie the accounts together with a "master" password, which allowed access to "shared resources" such as tacs - however the "master" password is no use for logins etc. Edit - you'd set that up out of game on the website, not in-game. If it can be done for corp it can be done for individuals with multiple accounts.
Today's word is :

#24 Silas

Silas

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

If it can be done for corp it can be done for individuals with multiple accounts.

It can be done. But does the feature justify development time spent on it?

If they could spend the same time on just making bookmark copying less tedious that would be time better spent imo. because it would affect more aspects of the game, sharing of op bookmarks across corps etc.
I personally don't think we'll see sharing of bookmarks across accounts (I don't see a good way of implementing it), but I've been wrong before.

Posted Image

#25 Othran

Othran

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

It probably doesn't justify the dev time - especially since it involves the webmonkey side of CCP who take incredible amounts of time to reinvent the wheel (and bugger it up in the process). They could at least implement it between characters on the same account though. I can't think of a downside/complications for that one. I'm tempted to say "at least they're doing something anyway" but that's a cop-out based on the crap they've given us in the last year+ We'll see what occurs I guess.
Today's word is :