Photo

PVP Basic Feed back - 6/7th Oct

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Coverage (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Coverage good

1. Yes (26 votes [92.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.86%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Would like more time or depth on a specific Area. (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote

#51 Marvin

Marvin

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Most of these are the same comments I had after I did my first Basic class. What I know now, but did not know then, is that all these things are covered in the later classes. It's probably because of the roam structure, but I thought Basic was a "how to fly a frigate in PVP" class; it's not. It's really a "basic PVP concepts" course. Bookmarks, timers, and bubble mechanics are all covered in Wolfpacks. The class is already 4-5 hours long on the lecture. I guess over the years Agony has sorted these topics by priority (what do you need to learn first) and grouped them accordingly.

I understand, some basic information on those topics would be handy for new players so they are not fully confused when it does come up, it can very likely be that it's there and I can't recall reading it. I probably knew 95% + of the basics already coming into the class, there were the odd thing I didn't know. I joined the class primarily to 'unlock' the other classes which is understandable to ensure everyone has the same basis knowledge.

The one thing I forgot to mention on the initial post was that on the Zealot gang encounter it was confusing on who was primary, I'm not sure if it was because Caldak got forced off the field or that I'm just used to a different way of primary calling (which was at least part of it).

#52 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

also im sad i missed saturdays op, the other guys were all very happy about how things turned out =/

Bemir - The Tuskers

That's OK, if you had come in a recon or logi I probably just would have jammed you. This is in reference to one of my big learning moments on this roam: have the corp and/or alliance column on my overview. This was the first time I had been in a big fight where flashy reinforcements were on the field. I wasn't collected enough to realize that ALL the recons and logis were friendly, so over time I think I probably threw a couple jams their way. After all, when I see those hit the field, they are high on my priority list to jam. So if you could apologize for me to your corp and all have a laugh at my expense, I'd appreciate it. I'm glad my lesson learned was "cheap," and it didn't go downhill with me winding up on a bunch of friendly killmails.

#53 Othran

Othran

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

this is not correct
if player A goes GCC on player B in open space he will not get any counters toward any npc faction(other than concorde)
if he shows up on grid with other faction npcs with GCC and they atleast manage to lock him, only then will he get a counter towards them

this matters if you have agression towards gate guns but nolonger any GCC, you are free to warp to a station and will not be agressed by the stations gun (unless its a concorde station) even while still running a counter towards the gate guns, also matters if you jump into a new system since agression will not transfer unless you still have GCC
so in a very real sense its GCC that kills you

also im sad i missed saturdays op, the other guys were all very happy about how things turned out =/

Bemir - The Tuskers

Anyone reading this then go with what Bemir says as he has more experience in these matters than Othran. Do note the "open space" bit though - its important.

However its been my experience that warping onto grid with faction npcs when you have aggression to them (which started with a GCC) results in those npcs aggressing you again, and hence resetting the timer. I know it doesn't transfer between systems without GCC but I was trying not to be too confusing :P

Shame you missed it matey - I found it quite annoying that after holding onto two carriers for 35 minutes (and the Rorqual) we end up with two self-destructs. It was a damn good fight - even the ninja unicorns said that - but they then have to go protect their "efficiency" :angry: If I get popped in "normal" PvP (ie not wardecs or sov shit) then I hope the nice mods drop. Better someone who killed me gets them than they go to dev/null.

It was a good plan which required a batphone for DPS and you were very welcome (I'm the guy saying "do NOT shoot the Tuskers" :P ) as we'd been holding them a fair old time.

All I can say is lets do it again soon B)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#54 Bemir

Bemir
  • PipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

That's OK, if you had come in a recon or logi I probably just would have jammed you. This is in reference to one of my big learning moments on this roam: have the corp and/or alliance column on my overview. This was the first time I had been in a big fight where flashy reinforcements were on the field. I wasn't collected enough to realize that ALL the recons and logis were friendly, so over time I think I probably threw a couple jams their way. After all, when I see those hit the field, they are high on my priority list to jam. So if you could apologize for me to your corp and all have a laugh at my expense, I'd appreciate it. I'm glad my lesson learned was "cheap," and it didn't go downhill with me winding up on a bunch of friendly killmails.

no need, everyone makes mistakes
with that mess of different corp/alliances/fleets/flashies/nonflashies im just amazed nothing serious went wrong
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?133286]BASIC - 1107091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?157432]WOLFPACKS-200910242300[/link]

#55 Bemir

Bemir
  • PipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

However its been my experience that warping onto grid with faction npcs when you have aggression to them (which started with a GCC) results in those npcs aggressing you again, and hence resetting the timer. I know it doesn't transfer between systems without GCC but I was trying not to be too confusing :P

you are right in that npc will refresh their timer for ever and ever
but the guns on a station belongs to the corp that owns the station, so its perfectly possible to warp to a different station with a different owner even if it technically belongs to the same faction (assuming you no longer have GCC)

all gate guns belong to concorde but get their own agression counter separate from GCC

so the only timer that is universal is GCC and all other agression timers are renewed separatly

yeah maybe im going into too much detail and confusing the matter, all i can say is that this is kinda important to someone spending half their ingame time with GCC ;)
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?133286]BASIC - 1107091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?157432]WOLFPACKS-200910242300[/link]

#56 Othran

Othran

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

Mmm yeah theres all sorts of stuff that people don't realise - I was trying to keep it simple. For example I think a few of the Agony people learned some new stuff about how to extend aggro ;) Horses for courses. Edit - keep the tips coming.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#57 glepp

glepp

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

For example I think a few of the Agony people learned some new stuff about how to extend aggro ;)

Who's this Aggro you speak of and how can i shoot him?

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#58 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

For example I think a few of the Agony people learned some new stuff about how to extend aggro ;)

Who's this Aggro you speak of and how can i shoot him?

He's in the minnie npc corp but you might have a bit of a wait to shoot him ;)
Today's word is :