Photo

Wolfpacks Reading Material

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Is it possible to unlock the Wolfpacks reading material prior to the upcoming weekend so us working-class folks have a chunk of free time to read it? Thanks in advance, McGuirk

#2 Othran

Othran

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

You still got well over a week John. Reading materials aren't hard to absorb. Class rather than roam is the part of Wolfpacks you need to absorb this time. IMHO people who enjoy the theory of the class tend to make very good FCs. I didn't really enjoy it and I'm not a good FC - I can call it with the rest of you but the idea of planning a roam is a bit much. Then I'm responsible for people's fun and in Eve my idea of fun is unlikely to be anywhere near yours. Think about what you saw on basics - you got some bubble knowledge there. Wolfpacks will teach you a lot more but it will be on class, not reading materials where you learn. HTH.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#3 Leonidas Tokugawa

Leonidas Tokugawa

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

Though I find the roams extremely fun and look forward too them; I am much more suited too absorbing material in the form of class or written manuals. I am looking forward too the Wolfpacks Class that will be coming up at the end of this month. I had my first taste in a command position in a rather large fleet and it is much more than just being a pilot in a gang or quad. You know you are responsible for the pilots so you watch out for them and make sure they know what they are suppose too do. I feel that I was very lucky too have experienced pilots and a pilot with command experience in my group.
BASIC-20110902 | KISS CLUB | ROOKIESHIPSWARM-20120401
WOLFPACKS-20110917 | ADVANCED-20111216 | FLYBYS-20120324

Agony Lectures
Basic Fleet Command Seminar | Bubbles in 0.0 | Scouts and Skirmishers in PVP | Small Ship PvP | Soloing for Success

Posted Image

#4 Othran

Othran

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

Well Wolfpacks (assuming its broadly similar to when I took it) will stretch you a little more on class. Advanced stretches you a bit more on class. I'm not going to go into details but as you work your way through the classes you should expect them to be more interactive than basic. The "problem" with roams is that knowledge does not equate to experience. Its that simple. Even with experience you can screw things up - I've done it many times (as have we all if we're honest). Come back as alumni as many times as you can is my advice. As you do that the Agony guys get to know you and what you're capable of.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#5 Gavin

Gavin

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

I used to think before I started taking these classes that Basic was a "how to fly a frigate in PVP" class, while wolfpacks was a destroyer and advanced was a cruiser class. They aren't, though they do look that way from the outside. Basic is exactly that, basic PVP concepts that newbies need to know first. Wolfpacks covers more specific intermediate concepts like timers, bookmarks, and bubble mechanics. Advanced is still more in-depth, with things like fleet composition and target threat assessment, and at least for mine was a VERY interactive class; it was almost a question and answer session. Each covers certain things and builds upon the previous classes. The Agony guys have posted several times that they've found if they unlock the material too early, the students read it and forget it by the time class comes. If they unlock it too late then people don't always get to read it before class due to real life issues popping up. They found that a week prior to the class seems to be the best for both giving time for the students to cover it all and still retain it when the class rolls around.
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

BASIC 20100702 <|> WOLFPACKS 20100828 <|> ADVANCED 20110102

COVOPS 1909101800 <|> SKIRMISH - 20110129

#6 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

Thank you. McGuirk

#7 TMakto

TMakto
  • PipPip

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

Still can't access the materials and the class is very soon. Is it just me?