Photo

Attending Alumni

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#26 Othran

Othran

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

Last one I was on was probably July 2009 or that might have been Wolfpacks. I've been on a couple of Wolfpacks (I think) and never seen them - they'd be superb in Wolfpacks IMHO, its a class I always thought lacked something on the roam. A dictor was probably it. Strangely this started me thinking about my first PvP-Basic class. Surprisingly the only things I remember about it was that it was Caldak's first class and the low-sec portion to 93PI - some dumb "pirate" got his BS shot by the class. The rest of the classes just sort of blur together - only other thing that I remember clearly on class roam was my cane being resurrected by logistics in Provi while most of CO2 primaried it. That was fun - I thought I was dead for maybe 30 seconds as I bounced in and out of structure. Oh and I remember an Eve-Uni fight somewhere - damned if I can remember where though. Syndicate? Dunno. I'm not sure about the rest of the alumni but I just don't get the same buzz from fleet work (NB not blobs) that I get from solo. I suppose thats because the risks you take are constrained by the fleet and your role in it. I'm in a very small minority I suspect. Heh - what a ramble, sod it I cba editing it :)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#27 Glory Hound

Glory Hound
  • Pip

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

How did the Keres setup work? (I don't think Othran joined us, but I'm sure I saw at least one Keres in fleet.)

How did the students feel about the alumni post-roam?

I didn't do my best. I was pretty hungover but we would have killed a lot less without the alums along.

I didn't go on that one as there were people I knew attending as students. I figured that they might start chatting to me on "breaks" and disrupt stuff.

Anyway I wasn't aware Agony made such extensive use of dictors on basic classes - they sort of make my previous questions null & void. They make the fit pointless (no pun intended) too :D

Hmmm, I might be mistaken about the Keres. We had Oli in an Eris and Mayssa in an Ares, but seemingly no Keres after all (that I can see.) Glory Hound was in a Kitsune, though. Props to him.

I'm trying to figure out what you're getting at with 'bubbles make my damp-boat useless' and I don't really get it. I guess you planned to range damp whoever had you pointed and warp off? As Dos Equis guy says "I don't often die, but when I do it's in a friendly bubble." They get us lots of kills but yeah sometimes you wish they weren't there.

I had a ton of fun in that Kitsune! I didnt get any killmails, but I was on most of them. It was fun locking down BS from range.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?88134]BASIC - 1909081900[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?99088]WOLFPACKS - 2211082100[/link]

#28 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

I was hesitant about bringing along a Kitsune, but I'm glad I had company. It was an absolute blast, and would have been even if I had lost her. I'm also glad we didn't get selected as bait :)

#29 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

I think alot of people get more out of a roam the 2nd time around. All suicide squads, bait groups, rear guards - Alumni shine. The bigger the basic gang, the more fun. Specially when people know we are going to be around. What they don't understand. We are willing to die fighting, not run away because we are out numbered. This isn't about keeping the killboard looking 95% effecient. Its about getting people over the "O M G" I'm going to die and get podded. - But we did kill stuff. So all those you payed to die comments in local by someone we took the fight too even if they had bigger Battleships, carriers ect on the field. Makes me smile that they so weak they had to make sure they can win, we win just by been willing to fight.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#30 Othran

Othran

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

I've never seen a Hyena used in PvP (or anything else for that matter) so I'm going to bring one of those for the "Fathers Day" class. It may be a huge steaming pile of crap but I'm never likely to find out in any other situation. I'm certain a rookie ship can do more DPS but I'd like to play with the webs - bound to be someone running away from that many frigates. Reliable ranis/wolf coming too just in case its too awful for words, which I rather suspect it will be. I was going to bring a Sentinel until I realised I don't have Amarr Frigate 5 on Othran yet - shame as its a mini Curse with lovely track disruptor bonuses (62% per track/script). Neut bonuses are nice too but unlikely to be much use with this many frigates - nos is lovely at 20km though :) Having said that there's probably a disco/durka likely somewhere so you could amuse yourself with capping him out. Anyone who does take a Sentinel, remember to scoop your drones - I never do :(
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.