Robots > Spaceships

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Madorris

Madorris

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

Sunday morning Perpetuum pvp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be0xdJ4dhFc&feature=feedlik

Had some other great fights too but no one frapsed.

Broke up with girlfriend also and got a little bored of tanks so have been trying Perpetuum. It is very similar to EVE but has enough differences to keep it interesting.

The game has some major bad points like not being Battletech so most of the robots are not what you want them to look like which kinda sucks.

Its in indy game so it lacks graphics, content etc but it is slowly improving.

The community is small so the markets are not very active and the only way to get by atm is to join a communist corp and contribute to the collective which in return supplys all your pvp needs.

On the plus side the pvp is awsome i have not had this much fun in ages. Sometimes it can be a little hard to find with the small community but when you do find it the experience is second to none. It is very similar to EVE but faster paced with cover and detection mechanics comparable to WoT which leads to very human skill intesive pvp. In Perp a 20 man gang is a blob!!!!1111

Perp Kill

The customer service is the best i have ever witnessed in an online game, within 5 mins of logging into the game for the first time i was pm'd by a GM for a chat, he asked what game i played before, offered his help and then made a joke about 60$ monocles. There is no ticket system instead you can just pm a GM (always one online) and they will fix the problem right away. The general chat always has a Dev in it and they talk plus answer questions all day keeping us up to date with there ideas, what they are working on, etc.

If you decide to give it a try, you like it and choose to sub PM "Noshana" and i will get you into my corp for some pew pew.

Miss you all <3
Kerzack: Wish he wasn't a special olympic's kinda pilot but a kill is a kill!!!!!!

Bazman: I anticipate we will have a number of people who are rubbish at battlecruisers/life

#2 Silas

Silas

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

I'm sticking with EVE for now :)

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#3 DaDutchDude

DaDutchDude

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

Looks nice, but I'm sticking to one "for pay" MMO, so you'll have to "FOR FRODO!!!!" without me I'm affraid :P
"As always, speak softly and carry a big stick."

BASIC - 1403091800 | WOLFPACKS - 2103091800 | ADVANCED - 0404091800

#4 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Was tempted to try it out admittedly, but only shit payment methods that I can't/won't use so no PO for me :angry: Also, get your ass back into EVE :P

#5 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

Also, get your ass back into EVE :P

+1
You know you promised to get my carrier blown up?
First: Victory is Life!

#6 Madorris

Madorris

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

I'm sticking with EVE for now :)

You log into EVE????!!!!! :P

so you'll have to "FOR FRODO!!!!" without me I'm affraid :P

Already had my first "For Frodo" charge this weekend, i died in a blaze of glory but we won the fight \o/

only shit payment methods that I can't/won't use so no PO for me :angry:

They accept paypal, credit card, debit card and you can use Shattered Crystal. WTF were you trying to pay with Camels or Stone Tablets?

You know you promised to get my carrier blown up?

Shit you got me there, i guess i will have to re sub for a month at some point then :D
Kerzack: Wish he wasn't a special olympic's kinda pilot but a kill is a kill!!!!!!

Bazman: I anticipate we will have a number of people who are rubbish at battlecruisers/life

#7 Tzimon

Tzimon

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

hay mad, i may check this out at some point. can i still use you as cover to snipe around?

#8 Corywyn

Corywyn

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

They accept paypal, credit card, debit card and you can use Shattered Crystal. WTF were you trying to pay with Camels or Stone Tablets?

When I checked (week or so ago) they only showed CC (which I don't have) and some weird system that I never heard of before.
If Shattered Crystal is an option I might take another look.

#9 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

This definitely made me slap my knee.

I'll probably check it out in the next couple of days. Just finished both Portals(no jokes fellas lets keep it pg-13), downloaded WoT & plan on BF3.

#10 Los Lecrosis

Los Lecrosis

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

looks ok but way NOT better than eve
Posted Image

#11 Silas

Silas

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

When I checked (week or so ago) they only showed CC (which I don't have) and some weird system that I never heard of before.
If Shattered Crystal is an option I might take another look.

So the number one preferred method of payment in the world, a credit or debit card, is shit because you don't have one? LOL
Also who the hell doesn't have at least a debit card? The banks throw them after you... even a monkey could get one...

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#12 Azual

Azual

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

Stop pretending to play Eve and play Eve! :P
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#13 Los Lecrosis

Los Lecrosis

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

hmm, maybe ill switch my subscription to my monkey's creditcard instead of mine.... they'll never be able to catch him
Posted Image

#14 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:50 AM

Los, your wife will kill you if she ever finds out you called her a monkey :P
"Who the F is this knob?"

#15 Madorris

Madorris

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

hay mad, i may check this out at some point. can i still use you as cover to snipe around?

Unfortunatly not :(

You wouldn't want to anyway as robots explode and do damage to everyone around them which makes a really nice anti blob mechanic.

Also the more robots are near you the more interference you recieve so it takes you longer to lock.

looks ok but way NOT better than eve

EVE is still a better game but i prefer the pvp in Perp it is much better.

Stop pretending to play Eve and play Eve! :P

Why would i want to get blobbed, blueballed or hotdropped in EVE when i can have small gang and solo pvp in Perp everyday? :P

#16 glepp

glepp

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

MAD! COME BACK TO US!11!! We're not getting blobbed, blueballed or hotdropped anymore! Honest! (well, 1/3 ain't bad) Miss you!

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#17 ChromoZ

ChromoZ

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

Why would i want to get blobbed, blueballed or hotdropped in EVE when i can have small gang and solo pvp in Perp everyday? :P

Depends on which end of the blob/hotdrop/blueball you are.:-)

I will use my spanking new 5 days free game in EVE, but after that I might give perp a chance if it runs on my old computer...
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?159155.0]BASIC-20091104[/link]

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183633]WOLFPACKS- 1203102200[/link]