Photo

Ammo: Rock, Paper, Scissors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Wensley has a great post up on ammo selection on his blog, Rifter Drifter. With his blessing we'll be adding it to our wiki but in the meantime head over and take a look:

Rifter Drifter: Rock, Paper, Scissors

#2 Azual

Azual

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

Just read this (being a regular follower of Wensley's blog posts) - great article, really useful.
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#3 Garulf Hirgon

Garulf Hirgon

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

This is great! A few days ago we were out shooting some Tengus and I was using Fusion, wondered if I should be using EMP...as a Gallente pilot who's ammo choices are typically "Antimatter or Caldari Navy Antimatter", this summation is wonderful...just gotta try to stuff it into my head...

#4 Esbear

Esbear

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

It's a great article that outlines the big differences in damage results you can get by switching ammo. I did the same thing some time ago for myself but didn't put it on paper or make great graphs. This text also shows how important it is to know what kind of ship and setup you are facing. And third it shows that it's not always a bad thing to change ammo before and during longer fights if that means doubling your effective dps.

#5 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

*sigh* life was so much easier when I could only fly Amarr

#6 Maudite 9

Maudite 9

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Thanks for the link. I read Wensley's blog sometimes and hadn't gotten to that one yet. Very good stuff. Now I need to reload all of my Stiletto guns.... :lol: (joking) Cheers, Maudite
"Across the fields the wagon swept; its cargo bounced and rolled and lept; the Gnome atop, his brow a-sweat, prayed to Heaven his mead had kept."

#7 Silas

Silas

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

I like how he points out the psychological game behind ammo type choice in relation to probable resistance holes. Has the target plugged his resistance hole or not? Who knows... I tend to (as the author) assume that most Crusiers and almost all BCs and up have fitted to plug their resistance hole, but this is not always the case and you might end up taking longer than anticipated killing someone because of your "educated" guess :P

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself