Photo

"Late Night" classes?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 vulturesrow

vulturesrow
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hi all, I did a quick wander through the older threads but didnt see anything addressing this. If I missed it then I apologize. Has AU PVP-U ever offered classes that would correspond to night time (say starting at 8 or 9 PM) Eastern Time (GMT -5/-4)? If not, it is it something that is up for consideration? Thanks in advance.

#2 vulturesrow

vulturesrow
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

Ok so I went a little further back and did find a few (btw I was referring mostly to the PVP Basic since I havent taken it yet). But I didnt see any recently. Im assuming that this is due to instructor availability/desire to teach at those times? Not that Im asking AU to cater to little ol' me but I am sure there plenty of people like me whose primary available time to play is during those time periods. Just trying to gain a little insight is all and maybe even fish up a commitment to look to try and schedule some classes during those times. :)

#3 Azual

Azual

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

As you guessed, it's mainly due to availability of instructors, but also general Agony support pilots. We're not a huge corp, and it takes significant effort from a large number of people to run a class. This generally means that late Euro/early US is the most common time.
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#4 Aether

Aether

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

From memory there have been a few classes run on Friday evening around 5-6pm my time, that would be 8-9pm eastern. Most people have no problem attending Saturday class which is usually scheduled for afternoon in Americas and evening in Europe (around 15-18 GMT). But this timing is not very good for Aussie time zone, so then sometimes classes are also conducted Friday evening in NA which overlaps reasonably well with AUS tz. What time zones the next classes are made to accommodate is dependent entirely on who volunteers to run them. There is no direct control over this.
Basic-2911082100 | Wolfpacks-2802091800 | Advanced -0404091800

it was only yesterday's sacrifices that made today's disappointments possible
"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche