Photo

[CLOSED] PVP-ADVANCED - Sat. Oct. 21, 2006 : 1800 Eve Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 rells

rells

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:41 AM

Attention former and current students:

To gain access to the materials again you will have to request access on your new account again. The way to do this is to send an Eve Mail to Rasql or Rells from your character IN GAME and then state the name of your new account on the new site. Please Indicate what classes you have taken to get correct permission.

Enrollment Capped, Course Closed

Introduction:

This is an advanced class in light ship warfare. We will cover the aspects of when to take independent vs. team actions, situational awareness, predictive analysis, differential EWAR usage, postmortem fight analysis, dynamics common Eve engagements, and how to use bookmarks in tactical combat. During the course the student will have to traverse a dangerous route with instas and survive the trip alone by using skills learned in this and previous classes.

You will also learn how to lead a gang from start to finish including configuration of a wolfpack, tactics and strategies in gang lead, general strategic analysis, tactical bookmark work, and discipline management. This will include psychological analysis of your opponent and how to exploit their psychological weaknesses to your advantage. You will also learn how to work with a covops pilot and assemble and analyze recon information.

In addition, this class will teach the concept of squads within a gang. You will learn how to organize, configure,and lead a squad. Skills addressed will include squad level communication, chain of command usage, tactical situation management, squad configuration and the dynamics of atrition within a squad and gang.

Graduates of this course should be extremely capable pvp pilots as well as have the base ability to lead a squad or gang in combat. The entire wolfpack will be part of the a class session and the students will be learning for the whole 5 to 8 hours. This differs from the BASIC and WOLFPACKS class in which only part of the class is instruction. In this class you will be learning the whole time.

Course Details

• Course Code: ADVANCED-1908061800
  • Required Courses:
    • PVP-BASIC
    • PVP-WOLFPACKS
  • Required Skills: PVP-WOLFPACKS Skills or Better -- You should be on the training program introduced in PVP-BASIC.
  • Required Preparation:
    • Read all course materials in PVP-ADVANCED category
    • Buy and fit at least 4 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
    • Obtain the bookmarks for your class. To do this, come to the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY Eve channel or on ventrilo and ask to be given the bookmarks; the bookmarks will be delivered at the class meeting location only. Import the bookmarks, then copy them back into the can and give them back to the AGONY member that gave them to you.
  • Required Equipment: Whatever light ships (destroyers, frigs, elite destroyers and elite frigs) you want to fly but students will be assuming gang lead and the chance of losing a ship is large. You should have 4 or 5 ships fitted and ready. AGONY will priovide EWAR swap outs.
  • Cost and Duration: 15m isk Per pilot
  • Duration: Estimated 5 to 8 hours. Unlike the BASIC and WOLFPACKS course, you will be practicing and learning material the entire time that you are in the class. Therefore, you will want to budget full time to the course in order to graduate.
  • Meeting Location: Stacmon V - Impro Factory (Be there with your Equipment)
  • Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
  • Instructor: Rells
  • Course Cashier: Rells
  • Minimum Enrollment: 10
  • Maximum Enrollment: 30

Enrollment Info

This information is usually updated nightly at approx 2100 Eve time when the instructor logs in to check fee transfers. DONT CONVO PvP University instructors. Post here if you have an issue please.

• Confirmed and Paid students:
    • RakelTaggert - Rakel Taggert (AGONY)
    • CarenthorLoon - Carenthor Loon (AGONY)
    • Dez - Dez Erichs (Agony)
    • waggywaggy - waggi (AGONY)
    • Zarta - Zarta Blastaphart (AGONY)
    • Nova_Z - Nova Z (AGONY)
    • Elseenas - Elseenas (AGONY)
    • Talaras- Talaron_Delar (AGONY)
    • Blackcrowe - Blackcrowe (AGONY)
    • Warbear - Alvar Ursidae (AGONY)
    • Gunning - Gunning (AGONY)
    • Kyle - Kyle Abaya (AGONY)
    • greatermind - Greater Mind (AGONY)
    • SteinVoorhees - Stein Voorhees (AGONY)
    • GreerFynch - Greer Fynch (AHE)
    • stonkus - stonkus (OMINS)
    • datpro - Brad Stone (NIX)
    • Xooja- Xooja (NIX)
    • Galaor - Galaor (PKER)
    • Quentel - Quen Azle(AGONY)
    • Zee - Zee Webbose (AGONY)
    • Comojo - Comojo (Agony)
    • Elum - Elum 6 (Agony)
    • DevLagrange - Dev Lagrange (DAXS)
    • Fyfe - Fyfe (FRCP)
    • mcoyote - mcoyote (GHDV)
    • abernon - abernon (RNAL)
    • ike99 - fook yu (RNAL)
    • Choran - Choran (AGONY)
    • YoungBeard - Ral YoungBeard (AGONY)
  • Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
  • Paid but not properly registered:
  • Awaiting ISK:
    • Kaiyako - Kaiyako (PRVTR)
  • Graduated:

Founder of AGONY

#2 cs3sl2

cs3sl2
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:53 AM

32. Cs3sl2 will not be able to attend this "going for a meal with GF (Aniversary)" may i take credit for it and use it on another course as the 2:00A.M. on a sunday morning for the other PvP - Advanced course would ever so slightly kill me for work....? 'yeah so im a light weight' Regards

#3 Dez

Dez

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:51 AM

Of course CS, you will get credit.
Dez Erichs: "Veni, Vidi, Caedi"

#4 Rasql

Rasql

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:20 PM

Cs if you want I can use that towards the Cov-ops course, then you would just need to find 5mill more.
Posted Image

#5 cs3sl2

cs3sl2
  • PipPip

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:26 AM

Sure Thing Sounds Good :) Thx (I will forward the isk as soon as im back online)

#6 Guest_RaphaelSemmes_*

Guest_RaphaelSemmes_*

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:12 AM

Dear Rells, I hope to make this class Sat 28th at 1800 EVE time. Lizzette> ( RIA ) No wars, no buddies

#7 Guest_Greer Fynch_*

Guest_Greer Fynch_*

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:27 AM

Rells, Greer Fynch cannot make this class. I will try to arrange to attend a later one as soon as possible.

#8 Guest_Fyfe_*

Guest_Fyfe_*

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:28 PM

Required Preparation:
Read all course materials in PVP-ADVANCED category
Buy and fit at least 4 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have). Obtain the bookmarks for your class. To do this, come to the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY Eve channel or on ventrilo and ask to be given the bookmarks; the bookmarks will be delivered at the class meeting location only. Import the bookmarks, then copy them back into the can and give them back to the AGONY member that gave them to you.

Is there any course material to read for the PVP-Advanced? or even a forum section like the other courses that Im not seeing?

#9 Guest_Dev Lagrange_*

Guest_Dev Lagrange_*

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

Required Preparation:
Read all course materials in PVP-ADVANCED category
Buy and fit at least 4 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have). Obtain the bookmarks for your class. To do this, come to the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY Eve channel or on ventrilo and ask to be given the bookmarks; the bookmarks will be delivered at the class meeting location only. Import the bookmarks, then copy them back into the can and give them back to the AGONY member that gave them to you.

Is there any course material to read for the PVP-Advanced? or even a forum section like the other courses that Im not seeing?

There is: an artical called "Fire Teams".

On a side-note: are those bookmarks mentioned different to the syndicate pipe BMs from the BASIC class?

#10 Guest_abernon_*

Guest_abernon_*

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:00 PM

rells due to rl situation it will be necessary to postpone attending advanced class scheduled for OCT 21 . i will register for the Advanced Class on oct 29 if not filled already . thnx for your attention ,sry for the inconvience. abernon --> abernon (RNAL) no wars

#11 stonkus

stonkus
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:55 PM

On a side-note: are those bookmarks mentioned different to the syndicate pipe BMs from the BASIC class?

Where can i find this article called "Fire Teams"?

#12 Guest_Dev Lagrange_*

Guest_Dev Lagrange_*

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

Where can i find this article called "Fire Teams"?

Under the "PvP University" box on the bottom left, there is a listbox called "-- categories --". In that list box, there is an option for "PVP-ADVANCED". That will bring up a page with one article called "DRAFT: Fire Teams".

If you don't yet have access to the PVP-ADVANCED documentation, I guess you should ask Rells or Rasql or someone.. :)

#13 stonkus

stonkus
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:35 PM

I still have no access to the stuff mentioned above. Tried to pm and evemail rells but no luck. If any admin could please fix this...

#14 Guest_Fyfe_*

Guest_Fyfe_*

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

The Fire Teams content isnt ready for public release yet, but as soon as it is the admins will let us know

#15 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:16 AM

Rells, Apologies but some issues in RL mean I won't be able to make this Saturday. Apologies for the late notice. I'll have to sign up for a later course. Stein.
Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#16 rells

rells

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:57 AM

NP stein ..

@Students:

Some articles are up but there will be 2 more comming this week. Keep an eye out.

-- Rells

Founder of AGONY

#17 Guest_xooja_*

Guest_xooja_*

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:12 AM

Hi Rells, holiday's been extended so I can't attend the course on Saturday, apologies for the short notice 18. Xooja- Xooja (NIX)

#18 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

Stonkus you now have access to the 2 current articles. On the left side of your screen, go down to the bottom of the menu bars until you find the PVP University bar. There is a drop down box there where you can select PVP-ADVANCED and it will show you the 2 current PVP-ADVANCED articles.
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#19 Guest_Dev Lagrange_*

Guest_Dev Lagrange_*

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

Are the bookmarks ready, yet, for this course?

#20 rells

rells

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:55 PM

there are no additional BMS over what you have for the BASIC course. Instructor BMs are something else.
Founder of AGONY

#21 Mindâ„¢

Mindâ„¢

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:42 AM

Rells - I'm afraid I may have to back out of this one. I've got a race on Saturday that may conflict - not positive though, I'll get you a definite answer as I get more info. Sorry for the late notice.

#22 Blackcrowe

Blackcrowe

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:07 PM

Rells My work schedule has changed and i need to reschedule for the sunday 29th class if space is avaible thx you Blackcrowe

#23 Mindâ„¢

Mindâ„¢

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:45 AM

Update - Rells, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of this one. I'm going to be out for the better part of the day (I've got a race). Sorry to be letting you know so last minute.

#24 zee

zee

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:08 AM

Sorry.. I too will not be able to attend. I am now working 7 days a a week. I don't know when my next day off is. So i can't reschedule at this time.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Posted Image

#25 Rasql

Rasql

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:32 PM

2006.10.21 22:15 Victim: Sregnar Alliance: NONE Corp: Mercenary Forces Destroyed: Eagle System: MHC-R3 Security: 0.0 Involved parties: Name: Brad Stone Security: 3.0 Alliance: NONE Corp: Phoenix Industries Ship: Harpy Weapon: Harpy Name: Rain Finale Security: 0.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Claw Weapon: Claw Name: Fyfe Security: 5.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: Free Corp Ship: Cormorant Weapon: Cormorant Name: Mish El Security: 0.7 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Raptor Weapon: Raptor Name: Nova Z Security: 1.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Thrasher Weapon: Thrasher Name: Gemini Zero (laid the final blow) Security: 3.6 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Crow Weapon: Bloodclaw Light Missile Name: comojo Security: 2.5 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Raptor Weapon: Raptor Name: Dev Lagrange Security: 0.0 Alliance: NONE Corp: Dark Abyss Exploration and Salvaging Ship: Cormorant Weapon: Cormorant Name: Zarta Blastaphart Security: 2.2 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Kestrel Weapon: Bloodclaw Light Missile Name: Krit Berran Security: 0.4 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Cormorant Weapon: Cormorant Name: Elum 6 Security: 0.7 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Rifter Weapon: Rifter Name: Rells Security: 0.2 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Hawk Weapon: Thorn Rocket Name: Elseenas Security: 0.9 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Merlin Weapon: Merlin Name: Dez Erichs Security: 1.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Executioner Weapon: 125mm Railgun I Name: Ral YoungBeard Security: 2.0 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Claw Weapon: Claw Destroyed items: 250mm Railgun II 250mm Railgun II Javelin M, Qty: 871 (Cargo) Iridium Charge M, Qty: 878 (Cargo) Piranha Precision Light Missile, Qty: 500 (Cargo) Bloodclaw Precision Light Missile, Qty: 405 (Cargo) Sensor Booster II Assault Missile Launcher II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Magnetic Field Stabilizer II Tracking Computer II Gravimetric Backup Array II Spike M, Qty: 40 Spike M, Qty: 38 Spike M, Qty: 38 Bloodclaw Precision Light Missile, Qty: 80
Posted Image