No new applications will be accepted for this course however anyone who still needs to pay may do so.
How To Enroll
Processing enrollement takes a decent amount of time that instructiors would rather be spending doing something else such as actually playing the game. When students try to be individualistic, creative or are just lazy, it makes more work for the instructors and they tend to get cranky. For this reason IMPROPER ENROLLMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!! In order to enroll properly, please click on the following link and read the article carefully before adding your pilot to the enrollment thread
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ENROLL IN A PVP UNIVERSITY CLASS
In order to learn how to fight back, the student of PvP needs to realize that Eve Online combat is incredibly rich and diverse. It requires not only character skill points but also a good amount of player skills. The difference between a lost encounter and a won encounter is more often the plaer skills than the character skills. Even a three year old player can not use all 30 million of his skillpoints when in an interceptor; against a pilot that is similarly skilled in interceptor flight but only 6 months old, the result of the engagement will come down to skill augmented by a little luck.
The skills taught in PVP-BASIC are fundamental to Eve combat and make a starting platform for the study of tactics, strategy and dynamics of Eve PvP. These skills are applicable to all kinds of Eve combat and thus form a baseline that has to be known whether you are flying in alliance fleets or considering a career in piracy. These skills are augmented and expanded upon in later PvP University courses which is the reason this class is a requirement for those courses.
This course covers how to move in fleets, Make instas, create and use safe spots, reconnaissance and much more. You will learn the basics of how to tackle, coordinate your attacks, jam your opponents and basic pvp fitting. In addition, you will learn how to set up your overview to make sure that you can fight effectively without stupid mistakes made be pilots new to PvP. Finally, You will learn how to prioritize your skill training to make you more capable in PvP. At the end of the course you will be able to effectively fight as a member of a tech 1 frigate fleet wolfpack, some of the most fun pvp in the game. During the course we will be flying in a PvP capacity in lowsec space as well as potentially 0.0 space in one of two pirate infested regions.
- Course Code: BASIC-1002071900
- Required Skills:
- Propulsion Jamming 1+
- Afterburner 1+
- Caldari, Amarr, Gallente or Minmatar Frigate 1+
- Sensor Linking 1+
- Warp Drive Operation 3+
- Target Painting 1+
- Weapon Disruption 1+
- Electronic Warfare 1+
- Required Preparation:
- Study the Agony Unleashed Rules of Engagement.
- Read all course materials in PVP-BASIC category
- Read the article Your Clone and Your Pod
- Study thoroughly the article: An Introduction to Bookmarks in Eve
- Buy and fit at least 2 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
- Come on Ventrilo before the course to verify that your microphone and headset are working.
- Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-BASIC forum and topic
- Cost and Duration: 5m isk Per pilot, Each pilot may bring along one buddy for an additional 2.5 million isk.
- Duration: Usually 6 to 8 hours
- Meeting Location: Nonni V - Lai Dai Corporation Factory
- Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
- Instructor: Mish El
- Course Cashier: Mish El
- Minimum Enrollment: 10
- Maximum Enrollment: 30
- Enrollment Deadline: 24 Hours before the start of the course.
This information is usually updated nightly at approx 2100 Eve time when the instructor logs in to check fee transfers. Please DON'T CONVO PvP University instructors, rather post here, if you have an issue.
- Confirmed and Paid students:
- Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
- Daemon Jax - Daemon Jax (NF)*
- Ecatherina W - Ecatherina W (DGAF)
- Paid but not properly registered:
- Awaiting ISK:
- Yorku - Yorku (DCMI)*
- Lugal - LUGAL MOP'N'GLO (SAFE)
- Flackex - Flackex (FNA)*
- Kua - Kua Immortal (FNA)*
- Captain Flowers - Captain Flowers (EQNF)
- Rabban - Rab Wolfus (LLoD)
- Strauss - Tiaan Strauss (SNCN)
- Leo Josemi - Leo Josemi (I-HOP)
- Emiter - Emiters Jumpclone (TCD)
- Y Cho - Y Cho (SILAC)
- scoie - scoie13(RUN)*
- Gar Ddhen - Gar Ddhen (ABG)
- Pimpsalad - Pimpsalad (TPRO)
- ryoko - ryoko kamasozei (TCHX)
- Mystinen - Mystinen (TCD)
- Neramore - Neramore (CTOB)
- Stel - Stell (NCRW)
- YTL Stinger - YTL Stinger (DAFT)
- TATP - TATP (RMS)*
- Yamamoto Osu - Yamamoto Osu (.CLAW)
- Kren Vashen - Kren Vashen (ASC)
- Zatarra - Zatarra (Exco)
- Matt Zun - Matt Zun (E-UNI)