Photo

PVP-WOLFPACKS: EVE TIME Jan 27, 1800

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 rells

rells

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:35 PM

How To Enroll

Processing enrollement takes a decent amount of time that instructiors would rather be spending doing something else such as actually playing the game. When students try to be individualistic, creative or are just lazy, it makes more work for the instructors and they tend to get cranky. For this reason IMPROPER ENROLLMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!! In order to enroll properly, please click on the following link and read the article carefully before adding your pilot to the enrollment thread

CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ENROLL IN A PVP UNIVERSITY CLASS

Introduction:

The destroyer is one of the single most underrated ships in the game of Eve. Many people fly a destroyer the wrong way and immediately come to the conclusion that they are not worth the trouble to fly. The reality is that the destroyer can be an extremely powerful and fearsome foe. A well run destroyer flown by a skilled pilot can kill a tech 2 interceptor one on one. A well run destroyer is extremely effective at gate camping and locking down space, able to get the signal resolution over 1800 with the proper fitting. In a destroyer pack, a fleet of 15 destroyers would strike fear into the heart of any battleship pilot with the brains to back up his firepower.

In this class you will learn the ins and outs of destroyers. You will learn how to fit them to be effective in a 1 vs. 1 situation as well as how to set up a destroyer for gate camping and wolf packing. You will learn how to maximize the strengths of destroyers, namely their firepower, and reduce the impact of their weaknesses of speed and fragility. Destroyers are the specialty and favorite ship of the instructor and I will show you how to get the most out of yours. You will also learn how to use warp disruption bubbles and advanced tactics that employ the use of bookmarks.

This is an advanced level course with prerequisites. It builds upon the knowledge you acquired in PVP-BASIC and takes you to the next level of skill in PvP Operations. You will learn all sorts of tactics and tricks when flying in light ships of all kinds. This is a long awaited course and should be a ton of fun. After completing this course you will be able to fly both a frigate and destroyer very well in PvP and be extremely effective with a few of your friends.

Course Details

• Course Code: WOLFPACKS-2701071800
  • Required Courses:
    • PVP-BASIC
  • Required Skills:
    • Propulsion Jamming 3+
    • Afterburner 3+
    • Caldari Frigate 3+ or Gallente Frigate 3+ or Minmatar Frigate 3+
    • Sensor Linking 3+
    • Warp Drive Operation 3+
    • Target Painting 3+
    • Small Hybrid Turret 3+ or Small Projectile Turret 3+
    • Standard Missiles 3+ (If driving Caldari)
    • Weapon Upgrades 3+
    • Engineering 3+
    • Electronics 3+
    • Destroyers 1+
    • Long Range Targeting 3+
    • Navigation 3+
  • Required Preparation:
    • Study the Agony Unleashed Rules of Engagement.
    • Read all course materials in PVP-WOLFPACKS category
    • Review all course materials in PVP-BASIC category as they may have changed since you completed the course.
    • Review the article: Your Clone and Your Pod
    • Review the article: An Introduction to Bookmarks in Eve
    • Buy and fit at least 2 ships, one for wolfpacking and one for long range sniping, and move them to the class location prior to the course. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
    • Come on Ventrilo before the course to verify that your microphone and headset are working.
    • Watch the video "How to Dismantle a Gate Camp" in the downloads section as linked from the Flyby Sniping article.
  • Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-WOLFPACKS forum and topic
  • Cost and Duration: 6m isk Per pilot
  • Duration: Estimated 6 to 8 Hours
  • Meeting Location: Nonni V - Lai Dai Corporation Factory
  • Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
  • Instructor: Rells
  • Course Cashier: Kesro
  • Minimum Enrollment: 10
  • Maximum Enrollment: 30
  • Enrollment Deadline: 24 Hours before the start of the course.

Enrollment Info

Don't convo PvP University instructors. Post here if you have an issue please.

• Confirmed and Paid students:
    • Riesyk - Riesyk Giablaek (TURDS)
    • Staban - Staban Tuek (ASGP)
    • Thule - Nuska (AGONY)
    • Ash Vincetti - Ash Vincetti (AGONY)
    • Yorick - Yorick Downe (AGONY)
    • Smoky - Smoky (B)*
    • Zuril Nair - Zuril Nair (REBRN)
    • Galen Naranek - Galen Naranek (RNM)
    • Shailo - Shailo Koljas (EX CO)
    • AxMi-24 - Una D (Ex Co)
    • borasao - Borasao (ExCo)
  • Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
  • Paid but not properly registered:
  • Awaiting ISK:
  • Credited:
    • Mattious Harnden - Mattious Harnden (DCM)*
  • Graduated:

Founder of AGONY

#2 Guest_Riesyk_*

Guest_Riesyk_*

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:03 AM

Riesyk - Riesyk Giablaek (TURDS) No Wars. link to pvp basic I attended http://www.agony-unl...wtopic.php?9181

#3 minokou

minokou

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:40 AM

Thule - Nuska (AGONY)
No wars.

Graduated from BASIC-2201070200

Fee sent to Kesro.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_staban tuek_*

Guest_staban tuek_*

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:25 AM

Staban - Staban Tuek (ASGP)
War with Privateers

Graduated from PVP BASIC-2201070200 PVP BASIC-2201070200

#5 AlexandreMartin

AlexandreMartin

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

AlexandreMartin- Alexandre Martin (AGONY) No Wars Graduated Basic 0810061800, Graduate 663
Posted Image

#6 Guest_Mattious Harnden_*

Guest_Mattious Harnden_*

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Withdrawing my application for this class, damn RL See you in the future!

#7 Guest_Mik Nostrebor_*

Guest_Mik Nostrebor_*

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

Hi Rells, I can fly all racial desties. What is the desty of choice for this course? Which is best for close in and which is best for ranged? Mik :amazed:

#8 Dez

Dez

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

Cormorant is best for long range, followed by the Thrasher. Coercer and Catalyst are good at short range, but lack mid slots for ewar.
Dez Erichs: "Veni, Vidi, Caedi"

#9 Guest_Mik Nostrebor_*

Guest_Mik Nostrebor_*

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

Cormorant is best for long range, followed by the Thrasher. Coercer and Catalyst are good at short range, but lack mid slots for ewar.

According to the figures in Eve-mon the Cormorant and catalyst are very close for bonuses. The cat has only 2 mids but has 60 grid. The cormorant has 4 mids (1 low) and 55 grid but has way more cpu (for eWar).

Does that mean that the Cormorant is generally all round better for Wolfpacks because of those extra mids and CPU even if it loses out on the low slot damage/ROF mods?

#10 Ash

Ash

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:57 AM

art-raven - Ash Vincetti (AGONY) No Wars Graduated from BASIC-0113071900
Posted Image

BASIC-0113071900

WOLFPACKS-2701071800

COVOPS-280720071200

Tactical noob Assassins! (TnA)

#11 Dez

Dez

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:31 AM

I'd say the 4 mids and the 10% bonus to small hybrids per level are what make the Cormorant shine. Personally I fly either Cormorants or Coercers, haven't really given the Catalyzst a good try.
Dez Erichs: "Veni, Vidi, Caedi"

#12 Guest_Star*Dagger_*

Guest_Star*Dagger_*

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

___

#13 Yorick

Yorick

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

Yorick - Yorick Downe (AGONY) No wars :(
Ceterum censeo, Goonfleet esse delendam!
Posted Image

#14 Guest_AxMi-24_*

Guest_AxMi-24_*

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

AxMi-24 - Una D (Ex Co)
Wars: none
Graduated from BASIC-0113071900 with my main (Axhind).

Money sent to Kesro.

#15 Smoky

Smoky
  • Pip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:50 PM

Smoky - Smoky (???)* No Wars Graduated from PVP-Basic http://www.agony-unl...opic.php?9181.0 Graduate#: 20

#16 Rasql

Rasql

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

Rells, Smoky has 2.5mill credit, please apply to this course if possible.
Posted Image

#17 Zuril Nair

Zuril Nair
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:19 AM

Zuril Nair - Zuril Nair (REBRN)
No Wars.

Pre-req: BASIC-011307190
Payment sent.

#18 Jno Aubrey

Jno Aubrey

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

Galen Naranek - Galen Naranek (RNM)
No Wars
Graduated BASIC-0120061900 http://www.agony-unl...wtopic.php?9181
Classes Taken (Galen Naranek or Jno Aubrey):
|[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9181]BASIC[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10735]WOLFPACKS[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?49388]COVOPS[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?70929]ADVANCED[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?75136]CAPSUPPORT[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?78237]FLYBYS[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?80228]BOMBERS[/link] | [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?102488]A&W TURBO[/link]|

#19 Guest_Shailo_*

Guest_Shailo_*

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:34 PM

Shailo - Shailo Koljas (EXCO) War: Bottomfeeders Inc, expires before class. Fee paid. Graduated BASIC-0113071900

#20 Guest_borasao_*

Guest_borasao_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:18 AM

borasao - Borasao (Ex Co)
Wars: None
Fee paid
Graduated BASIC-0113071900 (#19 on the list)

#21 rells

rells

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:08 AM

AxMi-24 - Una D [Ex Co]
War with Bottomfeeders Inc (will be free of this war on saturday)
Graduated from BASIC-0113071900 with my main (Axhind).

Money sent to Kesro.

Borasao [ExCo]
Wars: None
Fee paid
Graduated BASIC-0113071900

Enrollment will be updated in a minute ... except for the above. If you cant learn to register properly then I wont process your enrollment. People that cant manage the enrollment instructions cause me to do a lot of extra work and that is not fair to me.
Founder of AGONY

#22 Guest_AxMi-24_*

Guest_AxMi-24_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:40 AM

I see that I am not properly registered. Anything I can do about that? Do you want me to pay 5mil for my alt too (for the BASIC class)?

#23 Guest_borasao_*

Guest_borasao_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:05 PM

Not sure if it sends out notifications on edit. I edited my post early this morning.

#24 Sever Aldaria

Sever Aldaria

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

@Borasao You didn't include both your website name and eve-character name in your post. Also, your corp ticker needs to be in parenthesis instead of brackets. It screws up the enrollment processing otherwise. If your in-game character name is Borasao, then your post should look like borasao - Borasao (ExCo) @AxMi-24 Similarly, you need to have your corp ticker in parenthesis if your corp ticker is ExCo: AxMi-24 - Una D (Ex Co) @both One of you posted your corp ticker as Ex Co with a space, while the other posted ExCo without a space. This needs to be corrected whichever it is.
Posted Image

Local dropped by one

#25 Guest_AxMi-24_*

Guest_AxMi-24_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:08 PM

Ok fixed it now, hope this is good as I really want to attend the class :) I'm used to [] for the corp from EVE :( Anyway it is (Ex Co) (just checked it in the EVE client) PS: Thanks Sever Aldaria for the clarification :)