Photo

Alliance Tournament

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

The draw is....disappointing to say the least. I had been looking forward to watching you guys competing. Weren't you guaranteed a spot based on last year's results? What's your next step? Might you buy a spot (one is already on auction in the sell orders forum)? Maybe this is a fluid situation and you're not ready to go public with any statements yet. But I've been curious since yesterday so here I am probing for info.

#2 Tea

Tea

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

Nothing to state at the moment, however it is being looked at.

#3 vissuddha

vissuddha

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

? Might you buy a spot (one is already on auction in the sell orders forum)?

Never

#4 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

The easiest way to get in every year is to create multiple teams and put them applications in for each team. If you put three apps in and two get selected you decide who will make the two teams (or one for that matter). This is part of the reason that lots of people don't get into the tourney. Look at the participants last year and look at their alliance/corp history, a ton of people tend to hop alliances/corps for the competition. Bummer you guys didn't get in.
Posted Image

#5 Arkole Blake

Arkole Blake

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

The easiest way to get in every year is to create multiple teams and put them applications in for each team. If you put three apps in and two get selected you decide who will make the two teams (or one for that matter). This is part of the reason that lots of people don't get into the tourney. Look at the participants last year and look at their alliance/corp history, a ton of people tend to hop alliances/corps for the competition.

Bummer you guys didn't get in.

This is irrelivent to our situation as we finished in the top 8 in AT-6 and the top 16 did not have to enter the 'lottery'.

As Tea stated earlier, it is not somthing we are willing to discuss publicly at this time.

Bamar or one of the SR Agony officers will release a public statement when it is appropriate to do so.
Posted Image

#6 Cerias Shadows

Cerias Shadows

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

I think you still had to register or else lose the spot... unfortunatly...

#7 Arkole Blake

Arkole Blake

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

Dude, no offence intended here, but you were in Agony for 2 years, do you really think we would have overlooked somthing that obvious?
Posted Image

#8 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

The short of it is CCP messed up our sign-up. As such we're being put as "#1 reserve" and since 1 team has already withdrawn we're in. It's a bit convoluted but all's well in the end. The long of it is that apparently CCP had issues with their web servers early on in the sign-up process (we signed up within a few hours of it opening, thank you very much Cerias), and as such they just automatically entered teams that were "missing" sign-ups on their end but paid their sign-up fee into the draw. The problem is that we weren't supposed to be in the draw, we were supposed to get an automatic slot, but instead were just tossed in with everyone else and didn't get picked. Considering that we have screenshots of our web signup and our entry fee transfer, as well as a "guaranteed" slot CCP didn't really have a leg to stand on, but we decided to be adult about it and talk to CCP before going public on EVE-O. Luckily CCP has admitted their mistake and is making everything right, so I don't need to make a bitch-fest on EVE-Online forums !lol
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#9 ROX Genghis

ROX Genghis

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

Good call on not raising a public fuss; just look at Morsus Mihi for an example of how not to do it. Glad you got it taken care of! I look forward to watching. GL.

#10 Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Lord Gabriell (Acobar)

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

CCP fucking something up, who knew? :)
Posted Image

#11 Tzimon

Tzimon

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

I wouldn't say such things out loud friend, "they" are watching..

#12 Aether

Aether

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

yes, yes we are ... opps i said too much :P

(this would have come out better if Tea posted this ^^)
Basic-2911082100 | Wolfpacks-2802091800 | Advanced -0404091800

it was only yesterday's sacrifices that made today's disappointments possible
"What is done out of lulz always takes place beyond good and evil" - Friedrich Nietzsche

#13 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

(this would have come out better if Tea posted this ^^)

We all know you're just another Tea alt anyway!
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#14 Tea

Tea

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

I don't envy CCP Claw - no matter what he does people will find fault. It was likely a result of dealing with the amount of spam mails from other alliances that he missed that we should have been in the top 16 pile and not added to the random draw :P He has resolved it and that is fine with me :)

#15 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

I don't envy CCP Claw - no matter what he does people will find fault.

It was likely a result of dealing with the amount of spam mails from other alliances that he missed that we should have been in the top 16 pile and not added to the random draw :P

He has resolved it and that is fine with me :)

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes shit happens, the fact that he's made the effort to fix the situation is plenty for me.

#16 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:44 AM

The draw was a mess-up, so the Agony membership sat back and waited for our diplomatic team to calmly, but firmly talk to the the relevant authorities. A bitch fest on Eve-O would not have helped our cause - so we had an internal forum thread and people were able to vent there. Planning for the tournament didn't stop, we knew we'd prevail. The diplomacy phase is done and we're in. On to the next steps in our journey. It's good to see we've got some ex-Agony and alumni concerned about our fate, but as you'll appreciate a lot of this is going to remain behind closed doors. Thanks for the support....we'll let you know what we can.
Posted Image

#17 Stein Voorhees

Stein Voorhees

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

They watch everywhere, beware !lol

Glad to see that Agony, as ever, did the right thing and that as a result, CCP did the right thing.

Best of luck on the Tournament guys and gals.
Don't forget to smile when they go pop Gentlemen

#18 Vora

Vora

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

Good to hear that it worked out right in the end. Do you already know who you will fight against in round 1?

#19 Cerias Shadows

Cerias Shadows

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

Dude, no offence intended here, but you were in Agony for 2 years, do you really think we would have overlooked somthing that obvious?

3 years... plus a couple of days. If you dont count all the AFG time lol. But yes I think its possible for any person no matter how awesome to overlook the obvious. I am glad everything worked out though. I think I was most upset that I would not be able to cheer for Agony.

#20 Kaiman

Kaiman

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

I think I was most upset that I would not be able to cheer for Agony.

As was Arkole with the possibility of Agony not being part of the fun. :)

#21 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

so are agony deffo in this years tourney then, or is it still a bit unclear? i'm confused lol

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...eFerocityImages

Please like and share my page on Facebook

and help me share my hard work.

Thank You!

#22 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:10 PM

so are agony deffo in this years tourney then, or is it still a bit unclear? i'm confused lol

Should be, just hasn't been announced yet.

#23 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

nice. go agony! woooo! :heart: :amazed:

Posted Image

Thank You!

#24 Tank Charlie

Tank Charlie

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

Will you come back if we're for sure in? :)

#25 Feline Ferocity

Feline Ferocity

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:22 AM

agony wouldnt want a pirate hahaha :P

Posted Image

Thank You!