Photo

Minor Confusion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Scorsigaar

Scorsigaar
  • Pip

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

I have paid for the July class. I am confused about the... AGONY_SITE_DISPLAY_NAME - PILOT NAME (CORP TICKER) ^---what is that for, and how exactly do I comply with it? I am also in ignorance of the vent server info. I appologize as I am kind of confusing. :alien:

#2 Pesets

Pesets

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

I have paid for the July class. I am confused about the...

AGONY_SITE_DISPLAY_NAME - PILOT NAME (CORP TICKER)

^---what is that for, and how exactly do I comply with it?

I am also in ignorance of the vent server info. I appologize as I am kind of confusing. :alien:

Well, your Agony site display name is Scorsigaar. Pilot name is your character's in-game name (even if it's the same, repeat it twice). Corp ticker is those characters in square brackets that are appended to your name in game. Look up your corp's info, the ticker is listed in "attributes". Note that on the forum you should put the ticker in parentheses and NOT square brackets (cause square brackets are interpreted as formatting tags by the forum).

Info on how to connect to Agony vent will be in the course material (which you get access to one week before the class). You only need it during the class anyways.

#3 Carenthor Loon

Carenthor Loon

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

As per the enrolment thread, the 11 July Basic class does not open for registrations until 27 June; you cannot enrol in it until then.

When you post to the enrolment thread, the format of your post should be:

For example, if the in-game character I wanted to use on the class was called Joe Bloggs, my enrolment post would be:

Carenthor Loon - Joe Bloggs (AGONY)

If you check the enrolment threads of previous classes (e.g. *this one*) you'll see exactly how each student enrolled.

Once enrolment opens, students will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis according to their posts on that thread only - prepayment does not get you preferential treatment.

Out Vent server info is part of the class reading materials, access to which is granted to enrolled students a week or so before the class takes place.
EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in
CCP Wrangler

#4 Azual

Azual

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:55 PM

I have paid for the July class. I am confused about the...

^---what is that for, and how exactly do I comply with it?

I am also in ignorance of the vent server info. I appologize as I am kind of confusing. :alien:

You can also find this (along with an example) in the FAQ thread here: http://www.agony-unl...opic.php?115308
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#5 Pesets

Pesets

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

You might want to consider consolidating all the FAQ threads into one. Right now you have three different FAQ threads, apart from a bunch of other stickies, which looks a bit disorganized. I'd suggest trying to make maybe three or four stickies total, then they immediately stand out as important things to read. Having 10+ stickies defeats the purpose in a way.

#6 Scorsigaar

Scorsigaar
  • Pip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

Oh whoops I guess I paid for the class a little early. Thanks for the clarifications. %-6

#7 Azual

Azual

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

You might want to consider consolidating all the FAQ threads into one. Right now you have three different FAQ threads, apart from a bunch of other stickies, which looks a bit disorganized. I'd suggest trying to make maybe three or four stickies total, then they immediately stand out as important things to read. Having 10+ stickies defeats the purpose in a way.

The FAQs are actually a relatively recent thing, we used to have even more stickies than we do now before we consolidated all the help threads into those three. We decided to keep it as three seperate threads rather than have one massive sticky just to make it a little easier to find what you want; one single FAQ would be massive! Having said that, if the general opinion is that one uber-faq would be easier, I'm happy to combine them.

Having three stickies all relating to corp accounts is somewhat unnecessary and they were going to be consolidated into one, but that's something that needs to be done by the admins (who tend to be pretty busy). If/when that eventually gets done, that should knock 2 stickies off the list.

The various other stickies are mainly announcements etc. I think the class schedule is likely to stay there and just be updated. The 'state of pvp-u' is pretty recent, but the policy changes can probably go, I'll have a word with the powers that be!

Thanks for the feedback :D
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#8 Pesets

Pesets

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

You're welcome :) I'd make the first post of the FAQ thread contain links to specific posts within itself. That way you can still find what you want relatively easily. I was of course talking about the "green stickies", class announcements clearly deserve a separate thread for each.