Photo

Course Closed: PVP-BASIC - Sun, October 8th, 2006 - 02:00 Eve Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 rells

rells

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:54 AM

Attention former and current students:

To gain access to the materials again you will have to request access on your new account again. The way to do this is to ask in the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY Channel in-game, giving the name of your new account on the new site. Please Indicate what classes you have taken to get correct permission.

Enrollment Capped, Course Registration Closed

Introduction:

In order to learn how to fight back, the student of PvP needs to realize that Eve Online combat is incredibly rich and diverse. It requires not only character skill points but also a good amount of player skills. The difference between a lost encounter and a won encounter is more often the plaer skills than the character skills. Even a three year old player can not use all 30 million of his skillpoints when in an interceptor; against a pilot that is similarly skilled in interceptor flight but only 6 months old, the result of the engagement will come down to skill augmented by a little luck.

The skills taught in PVP-BASIC are fundamental to Eve combat and make a starting platform for the study of tactics, strategy and dynamics of Eve PvP. These skills are applicable to all kinds of Eve combat and thus form a baseline that has to be known whether you are flying in alliance fleets or considering a career in piracy. These skills are augmented and expanded upon in later PvP University courses which is the reason this class is a requirement for those courses.

This course covers how to move in fleets, Make instas, create and use safe spots, reconnaissance and much more. You will learn the basics of how to tackle, coordinate your attacks, jam your opponents and basic pvp fitting. In addition, you will learn how to set up your overview to make sure that you can fight effectively without stupid mistakes made be pilots new to PvP. Finally, You will learn how to prioritize your skill training to make you more capable in PvP. At the end of the course you will be able to effectively fight as a member of a tech 1 frigate fleet wolfpack, some of the most fun pvp in the game. During the course we will be flying in a PvP capacity in lowsec space as well as potentially 0.0 space in one of two pirate infested regions.

Course Details

• Course Code: BASIC-0810061800
  • Required Skills:
    • Propulsion Jamming 1+
    • Afterburner 1+
    • Caldari, Amarr, Gallente or Minmatar Frigate 1+
    • Sensor Linking 1+
    • Warp Drive Operation 3+
    • Target Painting 1+
    • Weapon Disruption 1+
    • Electronic Warfare 1+
  • Required Preparation:
    • Ensure you have access to course reading materials: Ask in AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY channel to be granted access
    • Read all course materials in PVP-BASIC category
    • Read the INSTAJUMP BOOKMARK GUIDE
    • Buy and fit at least 2 ships and move them to the course location. (Note that we will swap out EWAR in class so one of each would be good to have).
    • Obtain the bookmarks for your class. To do this, come to the AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY Eve channel or on ventrilo and ask to be given the bookmarks; the bookmarks will be delivered at the class meeting location only. Import the bookmarks, then copy them back into the can and give them back to the AGONY member that gave them to you.
  • Required Equipment: Detailed in PVP-BASIC forum and topic
  • Cost and Duration: 5m isk Per pilot, Each pilot may bring along one buddy for an additional 2.5 million isk.
  • Duration: Estimated 3 hours instruction + indeterminate wolfpack time (Budget for 5 hours and you will be fine)
  • Meeting Location: Stacmon V - Impro Factory (Be there with your Equipment)
  • Eve Channel: AU_PVP_UNIVERSITY
  • Instructor: Rells
  • Course Cashier: Rells
  • Minimum Enrollment: 10
  • Maximum Enrollment: 30

Enrollment Info

This information is usually updated nightly at approx 2100 Eve time when the instructor logs in to check fee transfers. DONT CONVO PvP University instructors. Post here if you have an issue please.

• Confirmed and Paid students:
    • Indigo - Indigo Callypso (ANVL)
    • Sildarin - Sildarin (S.T.L)
    • Ogdru_Jahad - Ogdru Jahad (LIH)
    • Humerox - Vezarus (EXCS)
    • Harm - Harm Gently (QUALI)
    • Sensei - Akio Sensei (EXCS)
    • Ded - Ded Menace (PURIF)
    • Master_Dooku - Master Dooku (QUALI)
    • Meerlix - Meerlix (QUALI)
    • LeRaven - Le Raven (Purif)
    • Parallex - Parallex Error (FNA)*
    • Vaslav - Vaslav Tchitcherine (SWAG)
    • NateTrain - Nate Train (WHIZZ)
    • Axom - Axom (OOFTS)
    • Ratsock - Ratsock (ARNOR)
    • GypAtheNoob - GypAtheNoob (ANZA)
    • thrillhelm - Thrillhelm (TaSi)
    • BlackRanger3d - Artthana (RMS)*
    • GenYslacker - GenYslacker (FNA)*
    • Lorban - Lorban Mandalo (SWA)*
    • Krico - Krico (OOFTS)
    • Dragonbitch - dragonbitch (RMS)*
    • Kadron - Kadron Shi (SWA)*
    • Corvus - Gienah Corvus (SWA)*
    • avren - Avren (GLAUX)
    • Jirikisunta - Ja'Anarria (WHIZZ)
    • Nastrus - Nastrus (ORB E)
    • micronova - MicroNova (BSoD)
    • mknewman - Ser Prius (CAS)*
    • eco - eco delSol (MWG)
    • Vectrose - Vectrose(SAK)*
    • Praei - Praei (CAS)*
    • Pemolis - Phoenix Jones (FNA)
    • Feirik - Feirik (RMS)*
    • CaiusMartius - Caius Martius (RMS)*
    • Buclazar - Buclazar (MSLI)
    • Enor - Shooruy (IAC)*
    • colonelforbin - colonelforbin (BSoD)
    • phantom - Clavius Phantom (BSOD)
    • Jhonnie - Jhonnie (CN)*
    • Revathy - Revathy (PTS)*
    • Sustentaculum_Tali - Samus Aranus (RVNEN)
    • JohnLinski - John Linski (AHE)
    • Sivlan - Sivlan (PURIF)
  • Alumni Attending if Space Permits:
  • Paid but not properly registered:
  • Awaiting ISK:
    • Orthadus - Orthadus (-CFD-)
  • Graduated:
    • Indigo Callypso (ANVL)
    • Sildarin (S.T.L)
    • Ogdru Jahad (LIH)
    • Vezarus (EXCS)
    • Harm Gently (QUALI)
    • Akio Sensei (EXCS)
    • Ded Menace (PURIF)
    • Master Dooku (QUALI)
    • Meerlix (QUALI)
    • Le Raven (Purif)
    • Parallex Error (FNA)*
    • Nate Train (WHIZZ)
    • Axom (OOFTS)
    • Ratsock (ARNOR)
    • GypAtheNoob (ANZA)
    • Thrillhelm (TaSi)
    • Artthana (RMS)*
    • GenYslacker (FNA)*
    • Krico (OOFTS)
    • dragonbitch (RMS)*
    • Kadron Shi (SWA)*
    • Gienah Corvus (SWA)*
    • Avren (GLAUX)
    • Nastrus (ORB E)
    • MicroNova (BSoD)
    • Ser Prius (CAS)*
    • Vectrose(SAK)*
    • Praei (CAS)*
    • Pemolis - Phoenix Jones (FNA)
    • Feirik (RMS)*
    • Caius Martius (RMS)*
    • Buclazar (MSLI)
    • Shooruy (IAC)*
    • colonelforbin (BSoD)
    • Clavius Phantom (BSOD)
    • Jhonnie (CN)*
    • Samus Aranus (RVNEN)
    • John Linski (AHE)

Founder of AGONY

#2 Guest_Ogdru Jahad_*

Guest_Ogdru Jahad_*

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:17 AM

Hello my kind sir, I will need access tot he right area to read the cuorse related material. can you sort me out pls?

#3 Rasql

Rasql

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:34 PM

Hello my kind sir, I will need access tot he right area to read the cuorse related material.

can you sort me out pls?

Look under the 'Content' link on the 'Main Menu' to the top left of the screen.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Phoenix Jones_*

Guest_Phoenix Jones_*

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:00 AM

Its 8pm Eastern Time Saturday Night that I'm Posting. Its 0.00 time Evetime. So this is Tomorrow, Sunday, 10 pm Eastern? Oh yea need access to course material/v server info. And fyi.. great work on the site.

#5 Guest_Buclazar_*

Guest_Buclazar_*

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:52 AM

2006.10.08 07:50 Victim: Colonel Ives Alliance: GoonSwarm Corp: GoonFleet Destroyed: Prophecy System: 6-U2M8 Security: 0.0 Involved parties: Name: Rain Finale Security: 0.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Sabre Weapon: Sabre Name: Zygdriel Security: 4.4 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Moa Weapon: Moa Name: Harm Gently Security: 1.5 Alliance: NONE Corp: Quality Of Sweden Ship: Incursus Weapon: Incursus Name: Sildarin Security: 4.4 Alliance: NONE Corp: Suicidal Tendencies Ltd Ship: Merlin Weapon: Merlin Name: Buclazar (laid the final blow) Security: 1.6 Alliance: Ekliptika Corp: Starlight Industries Ship: Merlin Weapon: 150mm Carbide Railgun I Name: B1ade Kyonari Security: -1.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: The Republic Army Ship: Incursus Weapon: Incursus Name: Joss Sparq Security: 1.7 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Ishkur Name: Ratsock Security: -1.8 Alliance: NONE Corp: Blood Inquisition Ship: Merlin Weapon: Merlin Name: Feirik Security: 0.3 Alliance: NONE Corp: Republic Military School Ship: Rifter Weapon: Rifter Name: Clavius Phantom Security: 1.2 Alliance: NONE Corp: BSoD Enterprises Ship: Kestrel Weapon: Bloodclaw Light Missile Name: Ser Prius Security: 0.0 Alliance: NONE Corp: Center for Advanced Studies Ship: Tristan Weapon: Tristan Name: Le Raven Security: 1.2 Alliance: NONE Corp: Purify Ship: Merlin Weapon: Piranha Light Missile Name: Quen Azle Security: -1.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Rifter Weapon: Foxfire Rocket Name: Parallex Error Security: 0.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: Federal Navy Academy Ship: Incursus Weapon: Incursus Name: MicroNova Security: 0.4 Alliance: NONE Corp: BSoD Enterprises Ship: Incursus Weapon: Incursus Name: Angelic Red1 Security: -0.5 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Merlin Weapon: Merlin Name: Indigo Callypso Security: 3.6 Alliance: NONE Corp: Caldari Anvil Ship: Merlin Weapon: Merlin Name: Kadron Shi Security: -0.9 Alliance: NONE Corp: State War Academy Ship: Merlin Weapon: 125mm Railgun I Name: Vectrose Security: 0.4 Alliance: NONE Corp: School of Applied Knowledge Ship: Merlin Weapon: 'Langour' Drive Disruptor I Name: Master Dooku Security: 1.1 Alliance: NONE Corp: Quality Of Sweden Ship: Griffin Weapon: Bloodclaw Light Missile Name: Gienah Corvus Security: 0.2 Alliance: NONE Corp: State War Academy Ship: Kestrel Weapon: Sabretooth Light Missile **** Truncated - mail is too large **** Destroyed items: Medium Armor Repairer I Assault Missile Launcher I Cap Recharger I Microwave M Microwave M Microwave M Focused Medium Beam Laser I Focused Medium Beam Laser I Warp Disruptor I Focused Medium Beam Laser I Reactor Control Unit I Energized Basic Adaptive Nano Plating Energized Basic Reactive Plating Hobgoblin I (Drone Bay) Hornet I (Drone Bay) Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 60

#6 Guest_John Linski_*

Guest_John Linski_*

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:11 AM

2006.10.08 09:50 Victim: Handon Guild Alliance: NONE Corp: Exotic Dancers Club Destroyed: Capsule System: FD-MLJ Security: 0.0 Involved parties: Name: Harm Gently Security: 1.5 Alliance: NONE Corp: Quality Of Sweden Ship: Incursus Weapon: 125mm 'Scout' I Accelerator Cannon Name: Joss Sparq Security: 1.7 Alliance: NONE Corp: Agony Unleashed Ship: Ishkur Weapon: 125mm Compressed Coil Gun I Name: John Linski (laid the final blow) Security: 0.6 Alliance: Interstellar Starbase Syndicate Corp: AirHawk Alliance Ship: Merlin Weapon: Sabretooth Light Missile Name: Sildarin Security: 4.4 Alliance: NONE Corp: Suicidal Tendencies Ltd Ship: Merlin Weapon: Standard Missile Launcher I